Page 1 of 11

Randy's 93

Posted: Wed May 26, 2010 9:28 pm
by Rwies
Ok after a few months of collecting parts it is finally time to start a build thread.

Day 1
CIMG1240.jpg
CIMG1240.jpg (194.72 KiB) Viewed 4956 times
CIMG1244.jpg
CIMG1244.jpg (155.7 KiB) Viewed 4954 times

Re: Randy's 93

Posted: Wed May 26, 2010 9:32 pm
by Rwies
Bumper build
24-70mm L Series Lens 094.jpg
24-70mm L Series Lens 094.jpg (211.15 KiB) Viewed 4953 times
76.jpg
76.jpg (184.22 KiB) Viewed 4953 times
IMG_2041.jpg
IMG_2041.jpg (222.04 KiB) Viewed 4953 times
IMG_2048.jpg
IMG_2048.jpg (216.03 KiB) Viewed 4953 times

Re: Randy's 93

Posted: Wed May 26, 2010 9:40 pm
by Rwies
This weekends chores are to install:
1. Solo C&T beams & radius arms
2. King Coilovers
3. Solo shock tower/engine cage

I should have the suspension on this weekend, ordered the coilovers today and should be ready friday.
IMG_2043.jpg
IMG_2043.jpg (206.64 KiB) Viewed 4952 times

Re: Randy's 93

Posted: Wed May 26, 2010 10:02 pm
by Nick
Looking good!

Re: Randy's 93

Posted: Thu May 27, 2010 9:25 am
by Rwies
Thanks Nick...I should be posting more pictures of the build after this weekend once the "face lift" is all complete.

Re: Randy's 93

Posted: Thu May 27, 2010 10:03 am
by tcm glx
Rwies wrote:Thanks Nick...I should be posting more pictures of the build after this weekend once the "face lift" is all complete.

Looking forward to the pics!

Re: Randy's 93

Posted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 2:46 pm
by Brad12
I keep checking this thread hoping to see pictures of the install. Did you ever get around to it? Pics?

Re: Randy's 93

Posted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:23 pm
by Rwies
Well its been a slow go...I had alot come up the last couple weeks. Right now I have the beams and radius arms on and just started removing the factory coil buckets. King just finished my coilovers so im picking them up tomorrow on my lunch break. I have a few pictures I can upload tomorrow! Im hoping to have it finished within the next 2 weeks...we shall see

Re: Randy's 93

Posted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:20 pm
by Rwies
Just picked up the shocks at lunch! Pictures to come 8-)

Re: Randy's 93

Posted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:35 pm
by Rwies
A few update pics
IMG_2127.JPG
IMG_2127.JPG (54.89 KiB) Viewed 4779 times
IMG_2131.JPG
IMG_2131.JPG (66.61 KiB) Viewed 4779 times

Re: Randy's 93

Posted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:42 pm
by Rwies
I got the tower installed over the weekend, it was a pretty straight forward install.
Still on the to do list:
1. Finish the brake lines (removed ABS)
2. Limit Straps
3. Bump stops

Hoping to have pictures up in the next couple days

Re: Randy's 93

Posted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:59 pm
by Rwies
Finished the bumps and limit straps last weekend...More pictures to come

Re: Randy's 93

Posted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:51 pm
by tcm glx
Awesome... how about a far back pic!

Re: Randy's 93

Posted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:00 pm
by SteveG
She's coming together!

The bump stop seems really low... are you limiting a lot of bump travel? Does it bump on the radius arm?

Re: Randy's 93

Posted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:00 pm
by BDKW1
SteveG wrote:The bump stop seems really low... are you limiting a lot of bump travel? Does it bump on the radius arm?

Looks low to Me too. I set My hydraulic bumps up so that the beam was almost touching the frame on full bump. If you have moved the wheels forward slightly, there is no need to move anything........

Re: Randy's 93

Posted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:46 am
by Rwies
Yes it bumps on the radius arm...I tried getting the most bump without binding the shock. Strapped at 15.5" travel. I was told that those rubber bumps will compress about 1.5"

Re: Randy's 93

Posted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:09 pm
by Rwies
A few more shots

Re: Randy's 93

Posted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:19 pm
by tcm glx
Looks great.... couple of questions
1) What happened to the spare tire carrier and the holes more importantly?
2) What size tires are you running, 33s?
3) What are you doing in the rear for suspension?

Re: Randy's 93

Posted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:15 pm
by Rwies
tcm glx wrote:Looks great.... couple of questions
1) What happened to the spare tire carrier and the holes more importantly?
2) What size tires are you running, 33s?
3) What are you doing in the rear for suspension?
1. I removed the spare tire carrier and welded up the holes
2. Yes those are 33's I plan on stepping up to 35's once these tires are worn out
3. I will be running solo's shackle/relocater and f53's...I would like to run a 12" king tripple bypass as well but will be a while $$$$$ haha. For the time being i am running a 2"block and bilstein 5100's.

Re: Randy's 93

Posted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:34 pm
by philofab
The tailgate looks great without the factory panel! How much of the rear did you have repainted?