Page 1 of 5
Joel's Bronco II
Posted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:12 am
by Copykat
Truck is a 1987 BroncoII 4x4.
Engine is a 1991 4.0L out of a Ranger. 95TM ported heads with modified TB and headers, Electric fan, 130 Amp alternator, and dual batteries. M5OD-R1 five speed transmission with a manually shifted 1354 T-case.
Front axle is a plated, trussed D35 with D44 outers. 4.10 gears. Rear axle is a 1990 ranger 8.8 W/Explorer disc brakes packed with 4.10 gears and welded diff.
Lift is a mix of custom parts 3.5" suspension and 1" body. Extended rad arms. Coils are 5.5" Early Bronco Coils with an F150 coil bucket and extended shock mounts. Rear is a combo of custom parts. Durango Leaf springs, with a shackle flip using a custom 2" drop shackle bracket w/stock shackle. Rancho RS9000XL's all around. Quads on the front and a pair out back.
Body enhancements are Round light conversion, with LED markers. Custom built Fiberglass quarter panels, front and rear. Custom built bumpers and modified tire rack.
Wheels and tires are an OutlawII style wheel with 35x12.5-15 ProComp Mud tires.
One action shot for good measure.

Re: Joel's Bronco II
Posted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:20 am
by bajascott
your little bronco is awsome! i have watched it come along way through the years. great job!
Re: Joel's Bronco II
Posted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:36 am
by Nick
I think it's cool how the paint scheme makes it look like an EB.
Re: Joel's Bronco II
Posted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:55 am
by Copykat
Thanks guys. It's sure changed since I first had it built. It's going to be changing a bit more again in the near furture. Exterior mods are about finished. Just thinking of making a fiberglass hood skin and maybe some door skins.
Re: Joel's Bronco II
Posted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:36 am
by Silverslk
Dude, I dig that. I am not usually a fan of Bronco II's but that thing is cool and looks like it does alright. BIG THUMBS UP!!!
Re: Joel's Bronco II
Posted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:06 am
by yikes
Glad you made it over Joel. I don't know if you indicated it in your post, but for those that don't know, the glasswork is all done by Joel's hands. Awesome work man!
Re: Joel's Bronco II
Posted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:15 am
by Copykat
Silverslk wrote:Dude, I dig that. I am not usually a fan of Bronco II's but that thing is cool and looks like it does alright. BIG THUMBS UP!!!
Your not the first person to tell me that. It sure gets the looks and the double takes.
Thanks Brian, ya there is a short blerp there about the custom fiberglass quarter panels. There will be more custom fiberglass parts to come.
Re: Joel's Bronco II
Posted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:54 pm
by RSR
Nice truck. Is that really a stock bronco II grill? Looks EB to me.

Re: Joel's Bronco II
Posted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:36 am
by Copykat
RSR wrote:Nice truck. Is that really a stock bronco II grill? Looks EB to me.

It's a modified Stock grill. I removed the oval badge from the drivers side and made fiberglass fillers for the lights.
I lucked out with the LED markers and found some that fit the grill openings perfect.
I try to make things look as stock as I can get. So far it's messed with the heads of many.
Re: Joel's Bronco II
Posted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:18 am
by RSR
Very Nice!
Re: Joel's Bronco II
Posted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:54 am
by baja-chris
That's the best looking BII I've seen. Good job!
Re: Joel's Bronco II
Posted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:58 pm
by SandStallion
Silverslk wrote:Dude, I dig that. I am not usually a fan of Bronco II's but that thing is cool and looks like it does alright. BIG THUMBS UP!!!
^^Ditto

Re: Joel's Bronco II
Posted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:43 am
by JoseBronco
Awesome BroncoII, the grille and hood looks better than the factory ones!
Re: Joel's Bronco II
Posted: Tue May 11, 2010 9:14 am
by Copykat
Just a bit of update. I put together an article for Bronco Driver magazine.
Got a 3 page spread.


Re: Joel's Bronco II
Posted: Tue May 11, 2010 9:30 am
by Nick
Nice!
Re: Joel's Bronco II
Posted: Tue May 11, 2010 10:01 am
by tcm glx
Pretty cool pics!!
Re: Joel's Bronco II
Posted: Tue May 11, 2010 10:56 am
by bajascott
AWSOME!!
Re: Joel's Bronco II
Posted: Tue May 11, 2010 11:15 am
by Copykat
Thanks guys it only look me 3 years to get an article together to submit to them. They wanted one long time ago but I wanted to get paint on it first.
Re: Joel's Bronco II
Posted: Tue May 11, 2010 5:43 pm
by Polarcub
Nice...keep up the great work. I remeber reading your glass thread on RDC I think. Great looking/playing ride!
Re: Joel's Bronco II
Posted: Tue May 11, 2010 6:14 pm
by BajaBronco13
I like it. My two older sisters' owned Bronco IIs and always had a blast driving them. Plus I've seen Bobby at Solo Motorsports Broncos plus yours and you can see how much potential they really have. Nice spread on BroncoDriver by the way.
Chris