Project Giddyup: Stretched Mega Bronco
-
Flyerrider
- Posts: 9
- Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:15 pm
- Bronco Info: Stretched WB Linked Desert and Baja Family Hauler
- Location: Laguna Niguel CA
Project Giddyup: Stretched Mega Bronco
Hi Guys!
My name is Jesse and I’m a long time lurker and first time poster. I have been browsing this site for years and finally have something Bronco related to post. To mention a few things about me, I spent the last 6 years building a single seat street bike powered minibuggy for my wife. The issue with the buggy is that between the start and finish of that project, my needs have changed dramatically. When I started the project I never thought I would stop using my bike as my primary vehicle. Knowing that my wife would never be able to keep up on anything with two or four wheels purchasable from a dealership, I basically built a mini Class 1 for her. The issue with it is that it is a 6 speed, fairly underpowered (using a 600F4 motor until it grenades), and requires a LOT of shifting, something that she is not very good at. I also have a two and a half year old son who’s favorite thing to watch on TV is “Toafy Trucks” (BajaFlo, DP, and D2G are on almost daily). I am also at the point that I really like being in a roll cage. I have a laundry list of bike related injuries (along with a few major ones) and being a father and the sole bread winner of my family has taken a Megalodon sized bite out of my interest in riding aggressively. So now I need a family hauling desert and Baja assault vehicle. To be honest (get ready to flame me), I never really liked Broncos. I always thought that they were too short to work as well as a truck based platform. Reading this forum has completely changed that opinion. So, around a year and a half ago, I started my research. After countless hours of reading this forum and others and crawling under stranger's broncos with a tape measure and note pad, I think I have come up with a game plan for my Bronco that will accomplish every goal/need I have for it. So after months of cruising Craigslist, RDC, DR, and this forum, I FINALLY found the start of my project: a clean, straight, rust and crack free frame from an ‘87 for $150. My buddy and I picked it up Tuesday night from Elsinore. I am taking the frame and he is taking the beams, axles, dual shock coil buckets, leaf springs and hangers for his ’73 F-100 TTB conversion. This is going to be a fairly slow, extensive, and expensive project. I think I should be able to get it done for 25K-30K depending on sourcing used parts (given that I’m running 14” 2.5 coilovers and 16” 3.0 bypasses front and rear this should be fairly easy to source used). I can afford around 10K a year to put into it so my goal right now is 3 years. As usual, I will be building everything myself with help from my good friend and master machinist/fabricator Jeff. So here’s the plan:
Stage 1: Frame
I am going to extend the front of the frame 5” forward and 2-2.5” up. The frame extension will be done at the slight vertical kick just in front of the firewall. The reason for the stretch/rise is fairly simple. I will be stretching the wheelbase 17” in total, I do not like the look of a 17” rear stretch, I want to run 37s and keep the stock heater box, I want good bump travel yet have a low stance, I want the better weight distribution of having the cab further back, and I want/need the longer drive shaft for good travel numbers in the rear. The other added benefit is the rather large space that will be between the engine and firewall. This creates the possibility of using 180 degree headers which sound about as cool as anything you’ve ever heard (check out videos of GT40s to get an idea if you don’t know what they are). With 36" primaries, they are just about perfect for my application. For the rear I will be cutting the rear frame off right before the rear kick and back halfing the rear to maximize the bump travel. After this is done, I am going to plate and box the entire frame, make plate body mounts for as much of a body drop as possible, and build the cage sub frame.
Stage 2: Suspension/Steering
5” over gusseted D44 beams with uniballs, radius arms, and single swinger steering. Nothing new here except I will also be notching the top of the beams for more bump at the chassis. I am going to have to cycle the beams to see how much notch I can get away with. If this is has been tried unsuccessfully before, please let me know. Obviously I will also have to notch the engine cross member for pumpkin clearance if the beam notch works. To set the camber for 4" of lift, I will most likely cut the entire end off the beams and clock the diff. With the raised front frame and lowered body, I hope to be around stock ride height. I will be plating the backside of the knuckles and double sheering the steering. The rear will be 4 linked however I will need a 351 block, E4OD, and 1356 for mockup to set the link length for DS plunge. I will source these as I can find deals or just buy a complete ’96 (for OBDII). If anyone has any of these items sitting around not being used or taking up space, I will happily rent them from you for a couple weeks while I figure out my link geometry. The rear axle will be a 4.5” over 40 spline floater from Schreiner Enterprises unless I find a deal on something. My goal is to have a complete rolling frame before I start on the cage. The cage will be built at my buddy's shop in Costa Mesa simply because he has the power to run 3 welders at once, has a mill and a lathe, and it is more centrally located to my friends who work for deep dish pizza and Coors Light.
Stage 3: Body and Cage
I’m torn between buying a complete 351 ’96 or just sourcing a cab. The easiest would be to just buy a complete running Bronc so I could just swap in the motor, trans, TC, and cab onto my built frame. It would also be nice to have all the wiring and interior pieces so I’m definitely leaning that way. The cage will be 1.75” (I have NO interest in racing this) and pretty straight forward other than the rear stretch. I will have to do all new sheet metal in the rear to accommodate the raised floor and backhalf (something I’m not really looking forward to). So far my tape measure is saying that I should be able to run a 38” bench in the rear. We’ll see.
Stage 4: Fuel and Brakes
Dodge 13” rotors front and rear with Willwood calipers. I’m not sure on the master setup yet and am open to suggestions. The fuel cell will be by Harmon with around a 45 gallon capacity.
Stage 5: Glass
I do a ton of composite work so this is the easy part for me. The front will be a FiberWerx Retro Bronco Clip extended 3” in the rear to accommodate the 5” front stretch. I will be glassing the mini fenders to the clip, extending the minifenders and hood in the rear, and then redoing the separation line. The rear will be FiberWerx 12” stretch Retro Bronco bedsides however I’m going to cut the TT bulge out and make them flat top. The bulge is pointless and I’m not a fan of the looks (to each their own). For the shell I will be buying another shell and stretching it 12” in the widow area. I will have to find someone to make 12” longer windows (yes I read to just go with flat panel windows during my year of research).
Stage 6: Drive it until the trans or motor lets go
Stage 7: Trans and Motor (Not included in projected cost)
Motor: 408 Stroker. Roller block, Scat crank, H beam rods, Probe pistons, Main girdle, AFR 205 Heads, yet to be determined rockers, rocker girdle, Victor Jr Intake, 90mm TB, 90mm MAF, 42lb injectors, stand alone computer and a yet to be determined cam. Q&E will be doing the machining and balancing since I have been going to them for over 20 years without one issue and their pricing is pretty damn good. I have addresses of friends and family in AZ, NM, OR, CO, and NV I can use for registration purposes to get out of Commifornia smog issues. I also have a REALLY good smog guy if I try to keep it CA registered. This is not a daily driver so I’m not too concerned about it.
Trans: E4OD built by Jerry from TCS’s tranny shop utilizing every part TCS makes and a Punisher valve body. I will also be using a stand alone computer from Powertrain Control Solutions as well as their paddle shifter module.
Transfer Case: Stock 1356 until it breaks. After that I have no idea. Maybe an Atlas. I’m open to suggestions
The project’s name is Giddyup 2. The story behind the name is that in 1983, my father in law (one of my all time favorite people) bought a Bronco and almost every positive childhood memory of my wife involves her dad and their Bronco. The license plate of their Bronc was GIDDYUP and Giddyup took them all over Arizona and California for camping trips, Flagstaff and Sedona trips, and family vacations. We are starting to lose him to Alzheimers so the name is kind of a tribute to him. I hope with all my heart that he is still around when it is done so I can give him a ride and completely scare the crap out of him.
So here we go! This weekend is the frame teardown and cleaning party. I hope to have it done by Saturday afternoon so I can start the frame extension next week. Thanks for reading!
My name is Jesse and I’m a long time lurker and first time poster. I have been browsing this site for years and finally have something Bronco related to post. To mention a few things about me, I spent the last 6 years building a single seat street bike powered minibuggy for my wife. The issue with the buggy is that between the start and finish of that project, my needs have changed dramatically. When I started the project I never thought I would stop using my bike as my primary vehicle. Knowing that my wife would never be able to keep up on anything with two or four wheels purchasable from a dealership, I basically built a mini Class 1 for her. The issue with it is that it is a 6 speed, fairly underpowered (using a 600F4 motor until it grenades), and requires a LOT of shifting, something that she is not very good at. I also have a two and a half year old son who’s favorite thing to watch on TV is “Toafy Trucks” (BajaFlo, DP, and D2G are on almost daily). I am also at the point that I really like being in a roll cage. I have a laundry list of bike related injuries (along with a few major ones) and being a father and the sole bread winner of my family has taken a Megalodon sized bite out of my interest in riding aggressively. So now I need a family hauling desert and Baja assault vehicle. To be honest (get ready to flame me), I never really liked Broncos. I always thought that they were too short to work as well as a truck based platform. Reading this forum has completely changed that opinion. So, around a year and a half ago, I started my research. After countless hours of reading this forum and others and crawling under stranger's broncos with a tape measure and note pad, I think I have come up with a game plan for my Bronco that will accomplish every goal/need I have for it. So after months of cruising Craigslist, RDC, DR, and this forum, I FINALLY found the start of my project: a clean, straight, rust and crack free frame from an ‘87 for $150. My buddy and I picked it up Tuesday night from Elsinore. I am taking the frame and he is taking the beams, axles, dual shock coil buckets, leaf springs and hangers for his ’73 F-100 TTB conversion. This is going to be a fairly slow, extensive, and expensive project. I think I should be able to get it done for 25K-30K depending on sourcing used parts (given that I’m running 14” 2.5 coilovers and 16” 3.0 bypasses front and rear this should be fairly easy to source used). I can afford around 10K a year to put into it so my goal right now is 3 years. As usual, I will be building everything myself with help from my good friend and master machinist/fabricator Jeff. So here’s the plan:
Stage 1: Frame
I am going to extend the front of the frame 5” forward and 2-2.5” up. The frame extension will be done at the slight vertical kick just in front of the firewall. The reason for the stretch/rise is fairly simple. I will be stretching the wheelbase 17” in total, I do not like the look of a 17” rear stretch, I want to run 37s and keep the stock heater box, I want good bump travel yet have a low stance, I want the better weight distribution of having the cab further back, and I want/need the longer drive shaft for good travel numbers in the rear. The other added benefit is the rather large space that will be between the engine and firewall. This creates the possibility of using 180 degree headers which sound about as cool as anything you’ve ever heard (check out videos of GT40s to get an idea if you don’t know what they are). With 36" primaries, they are just about perfect for my application. For the rear I will be cutting the rear frame off right before the rear kick and back halfing the rear to maximize the bump travel. After this is done, I am going to plate and box the entire frame, make plate body mounts for as much of a body drop as possible, and build the cage sub frame.
Stage 2: Suspension/Steering
5” over gusseted D44 beams with uniballs, radius arms, and single swinger steering. Nothing new here except I will also be notching the top of the beams for more bump at the chassis. I am going to have to cycle the beams to see how much notch I can get away with. If this is has been tried unsuccessfully before, please let me know. Obviously I will also have to notch the engine cross member for pumpkin clearance if the beam notch works. To set the camber for 4" of lift, I will most likely cut the entire end off the beams and clock the diff. With the raised front frame and lowered body, I hope to be around stock ride height. I will be plating the backside of the knuckles and double sheering the steering. The rear will be 4 linked however I will need a 351 block, E4OD, and 1356 for mockup to set the link length for DS plunge. I will source these as I can find deals or just buy a complete ’96 (for OBDII). If anyone has any of these items sitting around not being used or taking up space, I will happily rent them from you for a couple weeks while I figure out my link geometry. The rear axle will be a 4.5” over 40 spline floater from Schreiner Enterprises unless I find a deal on something. My goal is to have a complete rolling frame before I start on the cage. The cage will be built at my buddy's shop in Costa Mesa simply because he has the power to run 3 welders at once, has a mill and a lathe, and it is more centrally located to my friends who work for deep dish pizza and Coors Light.
Stage 3: Body and Cage
I’m torn between buying a complete 351 ’96 or just sourcing a cab. The easiest would be to just buy a complete running Bronc so I could just swap in the motor, trans, TC, and cab onto my built frame. It would also be nice to have all the wiring and interior pieces so I’m definitely leaning that way. The cage will be 1.75” (I have NO interest in racing this) and pretty straight forward other than the rear stretch. I will have to do all new sheet metal in the rear to accommodate the raised floor and backhalf (something I’m not really looking forward to). So far my tape measure is saying that I should be able to run a 38” bench in the rear. We’ll see.
Stage 4: Fuel and Brakes
Dodge 13” rotors front and rear with Willwood calipers. I’m not sure on the master setup yet and am open to suggestions. The fuel cell will be by Harmon with around a 45 gallon capacity.
Stage 5: Glass
I do a ton of composite work so this is the easy part for me. The front will be a FiberWerx Retro Bronco Clip extended 3” in the rear to accommodate the 5” front stretch. I will be glassing the mini fenders to the clip, extending the minifenders and hood in the rear, and then redoing the separation line. The rear will be FiberWerx 12” stretch Retro Bronco bedsides however I’m going to cut the TT bulge out and make them flat top. The bulge is pointless and I’m not a fan of the looks (to each their own). For the shell I will be buying another shell and stretching it 12” in the widow area. I will have to find someone to make 12” longer windows (yes I read to just go with flat panel windows during my year of research).
Stage 6: Drive it until the trans or motor lets go
Stage 7: Trans and Motor (Not included in projected cost)
Motor: 408 Stroker. Roller block, Scat crank, H beam rods, Probe pistons, Main girdle, AFR 205 Heads, yet to be determined rockers, rocker girdle, Victor Jr Intake, 90mm TB, 90mm MAF, 42lb injectors, stand alone computer and a yet to be determined cam. Q&E will be doing the machining and balancing since I have been going to them for over 20 years without one issue and their pricing is pretty damn good. I have addresses of friends and family in AZ, NM, OR, CO, and NV I can use for registration purposes to get out of Commifornia smog issues. I also have a REALLY good smog guy if I try to keep it CA registered. This is not a daily driver so I’m not too concerned about it.
Trans: E4OD built by Jerry from TCS’s tranny shop utilizing every part TCS makes and a Punisher valve body. I will also be using a stand alone computer from Powertrain Control Solutions as well as their paddle shifter module.
Transfer Case: Stock 1356 until it breaks. After that I have no idea. Maybe an Atlas. I’m open to suggestions
The project’s name is Giddyup 2. The story behind the name is that in 1983, my father in law (one of my all time favorite people) bought a Bronco and almost every positive childhood memory of my wife involves her dad and their Bronco. The license plate of their Bronc was GIDDYUP and Giddyup took them all over Arizona and California for camping trips, Flagstaff and Sedona trips, and family vacations. We are starting to lose him to Alzheimers so the name is kind of a tribute to him. I hope with all my heart that he is still around when it is done so I can give him a ride and completely scare the crap out of him.
So here we go! This weekend is the frame teardown and cleaning party. I hope to have it done by Saturday afternoon so I can start the frame extension next week. Thanks for reading!
- tcm glx
- Peanut Butter
- Posts: 7309
- Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:19 am
- Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8
- Location: Riverside Ca
- Contact:
Re: Project Giddyup: Stretched Mega Bronco
Hell yeah, looking forward to this build!!
-
Flyerrider
- Posts: 9
- Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:15 pm
- Bronco Info: Stretched WB Linked Desert and Baja Family Hauler
- Location: Laguna Niguel CA
Re: Project Giddyup: Stretched Mega Bronco
Ha! Me too! I can't wait to head down to Baja again. It's been far to long. I hope to participate on GFB's Baja trip one day. My wife has never been to anywhere other than TJ, Ensenada, and La Paz and just doesn't understand it when I ramble on for hours about how much I miss prerunning in Baja.
-
Smart Alex
- Posts: 292
- Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:25 pm
- Bronco Info: 1991 351. lightweight special
Re: Project Giddyup: Stretched Mega Bronco
Sounds like you have put some thought into the project.
Will turn out nice with a good grasp on where your headed.
I used to build the fuel cans for the fuel cells at Harmon. Let me know when you are laying out the fuel system in begining chassis design stages.
I did a 58 gallon cell in my bronco with dual fuel systems.
Michael cox.
Will turn out nice with a good grasp on where your headed.
I used to build the fuel cans for the fuel cells at Harmon. Let me know when you are laying out the fuel system in begining chassis design stages.
I did a 58 gallon cell in my bronco with dual fuel systems.
Michael cox.
- ChaseTruck754
- Spy/Ninja
- Posts: 9194
- Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:46 am
- Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks
- Location: Huntington Beach, CA
Re: Project Giddyup: Stretched Mega Bronco
You lost me at:
Ok, now back to reading your book of a 1st post that seems like it may ends well (being a fan of stretched broncos & all).
This MUST be documented here for my viewing pleasure!Flyerrider wrote:for his ’73 F-100 TTB conversion.
Ok, now back to reading your book of a 1st post that seems like it may ends well (being a fan of stretched broncos & all).
- ChaseTruck754
- Spy/Ninja
- Posts: 9194
- Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:46 am
- Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks
- Location: Huntington Beach, CA
Re: Project Giddyup: Stretched Mega Bronco
Ok - finished reading and I am looking forward to this.
A side note - is your buddy's shop in the complex at 1760 Monrovia in CM?
And again - I'd LOOOOOOOVE to see the build of the TTB F-100 as it's something I've wanted to do for a long while but lacked the time. So if there's any way to get a build for that going, or even just a pic or 2 I'd love it!
A side note - is your buddy's shop in the complex at 1760 Monrovia in CM?
And again - I'd LOOOOOOOVE to see the build of the TTB F-100 as it's something I've wanted to do for a long while but lacked the time. So if there's any way to get a build for that going, or even just a pic or 2 I'd love it!
-
Rmc
- El Jefe
- Posts: 6028
- Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:22 pm
- Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner
- Location: IE SoCal
- Contact:
Re: Project Giddyup: Stretched Mega Bronco
Can't wait to see the progress. The best of luck with the build.
-
Flyerrider
- Posts: 9
- Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:15 pm
- Bronco Info: Stretched WB Linked Desert and Baja Family Hauler
- Location: Laguna Niguel CA
Re: Project Giddyup: Stretched Mega Bronco
Hi Steve. We actually met years ago when you had your turboed ranger. I'm buddies with Jon who works for your uncle. The shop is off of Baker and Fairview and should be done in a month. Right now he is dealing with the final inspection on the electrical.ChaseTruck754 wrote:Ok - finished reading and I am looking forward to this.
A side note - is your buddy's shop in the complex at 1760 Monrovia in CM?
And again - I'd LOOOOOOOVE to see the build of the TTB F-100 as it's something I've wanted to do for a long while but lacked the time. So if there's any way to get a build for that going, or even just a pic or 2 I'd love it!
I'll post pics of the progress on the F-100. We are still undecided as to what we will do on the crossmember. Most likely we will scab in a TTB crossmember from a bronco or F-150. That's looking like the easiest/simplest option. It will be powered by a GM 6.0 (and yes I shame him constantly about that). It should be a pretty cool truck once we convert it to a short bed.
-
Flyerrider
- Posts: 9
- Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:15 pm
- Bronco Info: Stretched WB Linked Desert and Baja Family Hauler
- Location: Laguna Niguel CA
Re: Project Giddyup: Stretched Mega Bronco
Thanks Michael! Your help will be much appreciated! Did you work for Harmon when Matt L. worked there for a short stint? He has my old ranger that he races in 7200 (after he rebuilt it)Smart Alex wrote:Sounds like you have put some thought into the project.
Will turn out nice with a good grasp on where your headed.
I used to build the fuel cans for the fuel cells at Harmon. Let me know when you are laying out the fuel system in begining chassis design stages.
I did a 58 gallon cell in my bronco with dual fuel systems.
Michael cox.
- Nick
- Founder
- Posts: 3973
- Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:36 pm
- Bronco Info: 1995 bird poop target
- Location: La Habra Ca.
Re: Project Giddyup: Stretched Mega Bronco
Wow, sounds like an ambitious project! I look forward to seeing your progress.
- BDKW1
- Posts: 1518
- Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:19 pm
- Bronco Info: It's the new and inproved Party Barge!
- Location: Not Socal
Re: Project Giddyup: Stretched Mega Bronco
About time.........
- AussieRod
- Posts: 2818
- Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:43 am
- Bronco Info: 81 Bronco XLT, 250 alloy head crossflow 6, NP435/NP208, 4:10 gears, 31-10.5R15 M/Ts.
- Location: Downunder
Re: Project Giddyup: Stretched Mega Bronco
I like the thought you put into the planning.
The only thing I would comment on is dont notch the beams for frame clearance, notch the frame instead. The beam(s) is/are your primary suspension component, and taking any strength from these will possibly result in failure. I looked at this too, and IF I was to go this route, I would take the metal from the frame for clearance and plate there. Just my $0.02c. Other than that, good luck with the build 
-
Flyerrider
- Posts: 9
- Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:15 pm
- Bronco Info: Stretched WB Linked Desert and Baja Family Hauler
- Location: Laguna Niguel CA
Re: Project Giddyup: Stretched Mega Bronco
Ha! Ok so I added an extra month to my 6 month break on desert projects. Grab Tex and come meet us in Landers. I need your opinions on valving. I always have room in my truck for an extra bike and gear and I usually have a good stock of microbrews.BDKW1 wrote:About time.........
-
Flyerrider
- Posts: 9
- Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:15 pm
- Bronco Info: Stretched WB Linked Desert and Baja Family Hauler
- Location: Laguna Niguel CA
Re: Project Giddyup: Stretched Mega Bronco
Thanks man! My general thought on the beam notch is that it will be stronger than the traditional cut and turn method. The load will be spread over a large weld area and will be heavily plated and gusseted. The frame will most likely be notched as well. It will all depend on beam clearance with the crossmember and pan and driveshaft clearance with the beam. Cycling the suspension will be the only way to tell how far I can take it with the notching. My goal is to squeeze ever possible millimeter of compression travel out of it. I want it low yet still have good bump travel. I'll post pictures of the process for critique and concerns. This isn't going to be a rush job by any means. I only have a fleeting hope to be done in 3 years. I'm going to take my time and do it to the best of my abilities/creativeness.AussieRod wrote:I like the thought you put into the planning.The only thing I would comment on is dont notch the beams for frame clearance, notch the frame instead. The beam(s) is/are your primary suspension component, and taking any strength from these will possibly result in failure. I looked at this too, and IF I was to go this route, I would take the metal from the frame for clearance and plate there. Just my $0.02c. Other than that, good luck with the build
- Silverslk
- Posts: 1932
- Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:13 pm
- Bronco Info: 1995 Eddie Baur Bronco......GONE to a better home
- Location: Garden Grove, CA
- Contact:
Re: Project Giddyup: Stretched Mega Bronco
Dude, what a great project. Maybe when you are at the motor/trans/transfercase portion... I might have a complete everything pulling from my 95 (fund depending) 
LOVE the tribute portion of this as well. And just because it's a small world, where in AZ your wife/friends from?
LOVE the tribute portion of this as well. And just because it's a small world, where in AZ your wife/friends from?
- ESHALLBETTER
- Posts: 1588
- Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:49 am
- Bronco Info: 85 class 3, 70's somthing trail bronco.
- Location: Minneapolis, MN
Re: Project Giddyup: Stretched Mega Bronco
Yep! Sounds awesome. Post pics!
- RyanDS650X
- Posts: 1868
- Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:13 am
- Bronco Info: Autofab '96 XLT 5.8
- Location: Mesa, AZ
- Contact:
Re: Project Giddyup: Stretched Mega Bronco
This sounds awesome! Looking forward to the pics.
Re: Project Giddyup: Stretched Mega Bronco
Ambitious project, that's for sure!
Why dont you just start with a single cab long bed F150 frame?
Why dont you just start with a single cab long bed F150 frame?
-
Rmc
- El Jefe
- Posts: 6028
- Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:22 pm
- Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner
- Location: IE SoCal
- Contact:
Re: Project Giddyup: Stretched Mega Bronco
So do you have the bronco your going to start with?
- ESHALLBETTER
- Posts: 1588
- Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:49 am
- Bronco Info: 85 class 3, 70's somthing trail bronco.
- Location: Minneapolis, MN
Re: Project Giddyup: Stretched Mega Bronco
I believe he said he is going to be cutting off everything rear of where the kickup starts and back halfing the truck for uptravel.Travisfab wrote:Ambitious project, that's for sure!
Why dont you just start with a single cab long bed F150 frame?
