Page 1 of 3
Ocejo's 89 budget Bronco
Posted: Fri May 10, 2013 7:56 am
by ocejo
I just aquired my first Bronco two weeks ago. After having gone through a few XJ's I felt I wanted to try something different. It's a bone stock '89 5.0 Eddie Bauer. I drove it home about 100 miles without any issues, but it has a tick that comes up that I want to look at. I don't have very big plans for it at the moment, just the regular tune up and maintenance. I will be getting heimed radius arms made for now, some bilstein shocks, and a 4-6" coil. I'll be using drop brackets for now, hopefully a cut and turn in the future.
now on to the pictures.
Re: Ocejo's 89 budget Bronco
Posted: Fri May 10, 2013 9:01 am
by ocejo
Re: Ocejo's 89 budget Bronco
Posted: Fri May 10, 2013 9:11 am
by ocejo
Heims are in...

Re: Ocejo's 89 budget Bronco
Posted: Mon May 13, 2013 1:41 pm
by ocejo
Nothing big yet, wheels are coming in this week, leaving truck at shop tomorrow for radius arms and brackets, engine should be pulled out next week for leaky rear main and pan. Went at it with some black rattle can for now
Re: Ocejo's 89 budget Bronco
Posted: Mon May 13, 2013 1:52 pm
by ocejo
Re: Ocejo's 89 budget Bronco
Posted: Mon May 13, 2013 3:09 pm
by 93Broncobuff
nice man lookin good!!!!
Re: Ocejo's 89 budget Bronco
Posted: Sun May 19, 2013 11:56 pm
by ocejo
Re: Ocejo's 89 budget Bronco
Posted: Mon May 20, 2013 7:12 pm
by 93Broncobuff
lookin good man!!! wat ta go!
Re: Ocejo's 89 budget Bronco
Posted: Mon May 20, 2013 7:29 pm
by Rmc
Looking good.
Re: Ocejo's 89 budget Bronco
Posted: Mon May 20, 2013 7:33 pm
by ocejo
Pitman arm is coming in tomorrow hopefully I can get the wheels on by the end of the week
Re: Ocejo's 89 budget Bronco
Posted: Tue May 21, 2013 4:18 pm
by ocejo
Seems like ill be needing another set of shocks. I was going to use some bilstein 5100s that a buddy removed off his bronco when he went to coilovers, but they are for a 4" coil. Anyone know what size stock is needed for a 6" coil?
Re: Ocejo's 89 budget Bronco
Posted: Tue May 21, 2013 4:19 pm
by ocejo
Sorry meant to say shock*
Re: Ocejo's 89 budget Bronco
Posted: Wed May 29, 2013 3:11 pm
by ocejo
ok just got back from the tire shop. Went with 17" Method double standard wheels in black/machined beadlock. Tires are used BFG allterrains 315/70/17.
also got the radius arms installed with 1.25" heims, 6" coils, drop brackets, and some bilstein 5100's.
Re: Ocejo's 89 budget Bronco
Posted: Wed May 29, 2013 3:43 pm
by ocejo
Re: Ocejo's 89 budget Bronco
Posted: Wed May 29, 2013 4:22 pm
by RyanDS650X
Is that spare filled with concrete, bro?! Methods look good.
Re: Ocejo's 89 budget Bronco
Posted: Wed May 29, 2013 4:45 pm
by used parts
looks great, who made the radius arms they are bad ass.
Re: Ocejo's 89 budget Bronco
Posted: Wed May 29, 2013 5:10 pm
by ocejo
Thanks.
There's no shocks on the rear, they were too short....
Arms were made by a buddy, send me a pm if you need some.
Re: Ocejo's 89 budget Bronco
Posted: Wed May 29, 2013 5:24 pm
by 93Broncobuff
looks bitchin brah!!!
Re: Ocejo's 89 budget Bronco
Posted: Wed May 29, 2013 10:18 pm
by Rmc
Looks way better, nice progress.
Re: Ocejo's 89 budget Bronco
Posted: Thu May 30, 2013 8:15 am
by ocejo
I was going through my to-do list, coming up is gears.
There's a tag on the front axle with the following number
610335-4
a google search brought up a result of it being a 4.09 stock ratio D44.
Looks like many are running 4.56s with 35s so I may give that a try.