Page 1 of 1

Joxracing's 1996 daily driver

Posted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:19 pm
by Joxracing
Sold my little ricer Prelude and finally stepped up into a Bronco. This truck was 400bronco's parents rig, than he sold it to his buddy and thats who I got it from. All the rust was repaired and clean doors and fenders put on and repainted. Im not a huge fan of the color, but its growing on me.

1996 Ford Bronco
351w, roller block, K&N, Ford Racing wires, fresh tune up, only 101k on it.
E4OD with ~20k on it.
Manual 1356 t-case
Track Loc in rear
4" Rancho coils with drop brackets.
32" Maxxis Bighorn shortcourse cuts, with some beautiful Alcoa's.


Plans are to drive and enjoy for now, but this winter when we have down time from racing, gonna swap all my stuff off of my 89 F150. Gonna try making a set of C&T beams this summer.
C&T beams
Deaver coils
12" FOA 2.5's in front
10" Fox 2.0 Pro Series in rear

When all the body work starts popping, than Ill begin to look for fiberglass.

Image
Here's a quick pic from friday when I picked it up.

Re: Joxracing's 1996 daily driver

Posted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:16 pm
by ESHALLBETTER
Nice score!

Re: Joxracing's 1996 daily driver

Posted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:55 pm
by cuz_im_CR
More pics please... Looks like it might be light willow metallic... If so I love this color cause it's so hard to find....

Here is mine...
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364241319.195815.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364241319.195815.jpg (128.88 KiB) Viewed 1911 times

Re: Joxracing's 1996 daily driver

Posted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:39 pm
by Joxracing
cuz_im_CR wrote:More pics please... Looks like it might be light willow metallic... If so I love this color cause it's so hard to find....

It was repainted, what color I have no idea. Good looking bronco!

Forgot to share, other mods I'd like to do some day in the future would be the whole GT40 heads, headers, equation thing. Our local scrap yard just crushed a good running V8 expy. Needless to say I was not a happy camper.

Re: Joxracing's 1996 daily driver

Posted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:38 pm
by Joxracing
Do any of you Bronco owners have trouble with the roof popping and wicked body flex when the top is off?

Re: Joxracing's 1996 daily driver

Posted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:12 pm
by ESHALLBETTER
Yes, they like to crack along the back edge of the roof where it meets the b pillar.

Re: Joxracing's 1996 daily driver

Posted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:38 pm
by Joxracing
Do they sell any body stiffners (?) Or anything to remedy that? Or should I just bite the bullet and start planning a cage build and tie it into the body.

Re: Joxracing's 1996 daily driver

Posted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:50 pm
by robertcrav
Joxracing wrote:Do they sell any body stiffners (?) Or anything to remedy that? Or should I just bite the bullet and start planning a cage build and tie it into the body.
I was literally reading a post by Steve83 over on FSB on this, I guess there used to be a TSB on this...I'll try and find it

Re: Joxracing's 1996 daily driver

Posted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:53 pm
by ESHALLBETTER
Joxracing wrote:Do they sell any body stiffners (?) Or anything to remedy that? Or should I just bite the bullet and start planning a cage build and tie it into the body.
Nothing that I know of. If you don't want to wear it as a badge of honor, caging is your only option as far as I know.

Re: Joxracing's 1996 daily driver

Posted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:55 pm
by robertcrav

Re: Joxracing's 1996 daily driver

Posted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:27 pm
by Joxracing
interesting.

I think Im gonna start messing with the Bronco this winter. The red '89 is finally at the scrap yard due to the broken frame, so Ill bust out the spare beams I have and dive into the cut n turn in the spare time I have, which will be little to zero because of a wadded up race truck. (Crandon cement is tougher than 70's ford steel)

Rod end supply should carry most of the heims and uniballs i need hey? I think I have some contingency cash from those guys, so I might as well use that.

Re: Joxracing's 1996 daily driver

Posted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:02 pm
by Joxracing
finally got around to starting on the bronco, just tossed my set of ext. radius arms on and deavers, and put a pair of rancho rs5000's on it, and it worked surpsingly well. Looking to start on the cage and messing with cut n turns this winter, in between building another short course truck.

Pics to come, along with new rear leafs and 35's.