Page 1 of 49

RMC's el hefe build.

Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:01 pm
by Rmc
Somewhere between freebies, used parts, trades, and left overs comes el jefe. Its a work in progress so bare with me.

Re: RMC's el hefe build.

Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:13 pm
by Rmc
2000 bucks , with 136 k miles. Added a left over prerunner bumper I put on for temporary, then disassembly started.

Re: RMC's el hefe build.

Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:18 pm
by Rmc
What a friggin mess! fabbed up some back yard specials to replace the quarter panels.

Re: RMC's el hefe build.

Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:25 pm
by Rmc
Pic resizing issues lol.

Re: RMC's el hefe build.

Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:31 pm
by Rmc
....

Re: RMC's el hefe build.

Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:36 pm
by Rmc
Next hung the front glass

Re: RMC's el hefe build.

Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:12 pm
by Rmc
Next I added the bed sides, then parked it and stripped the front suspension. I sent the beams to dave over at threat and waited.... got the beams back.

Re: RMC's el hefe build.

Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:21 pm
by Rmc
Next it got complicated... one of my asshole neighbors decided to call the city due to my bronco being on jackstands. Supposed child endangerment and a nice little wright up for abandoned or inoperable vehicle..... grrrr, anyway I made the ugly but functional coilover mounts after assembly.

Re: RMC's el hefe build.

Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:24 pm
by Rmc
....

Re: RMC's el hefe build.

Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:26 pm
by Rmc
I decided not to lengthen my own beams due to not wanting to deal with axel length issues.

Re: RMC's el hefe build.

Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:29 pm
by Rmc
....full tuck, I maintained full steering at full tuck and placed the coilover mounts from there.

Re: RMC's el hefe build.

Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:35 pm
by Rmc
Full droop

Re: RMC's el hefe build.

Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:39 pm
by Rmc
Next I put on the tires bled the breaks and drove it out of the driveway made a uturn and parked it, all to get city off my ass. Then once violation was dropped I started the front bumper.

Re: RMC's el hefe build.

Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:42 pm
by Rmc
Bumper bumper

Re: RMC's el hefe build.

Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:50 pm
by Rmc
Front is choked at 16 from 18 3/4 from a 14inch coil over. Found the el jefe steeker at the local parts house, it made me laugh so I bought it.

Re: RMC's el hefe build.

Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:58 pm
by Rmc
Next up is going to be 37 inch goodyear mtr's and regearing it to 4.88, I also have recently purchased a set of deavers and some king 18x2.5' s ill post progress as I build it.

Re: RMC's el hefe build.

Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:54 am
by ESHALLBETTER
Looks good man! Hopefully uour neighbors house will burn down so they have their own shit to worry about! Keep up the progress! The beams and arms look really nice.

Re: RMC's el hefe build.

Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:34 am
by guard
ESHALLBETTER wrote:Looks good man! Hopefully uour neighbors house will burn down so they have their own shit to worry about! Keep up the progress! The beams and arms look really nice.
Funny, I was just thinking the same thing... Looking great!

Re: RMC's el hefe build.

Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:39 am
by Rmc
Ya these clowns in my neighborhood are a stuck up bunch, apparently I'm of the lower class because I fix my own cars and its above them to get earthly filth upon their pompous hands. Lmao. I kinda want to play the city game back at them, oh it doesn't help matters that my neighbor straight across is a sheriff lieutenant and his wife is a teacher. They have a spare veihicle that hasent moved in 7 months I could complain about it harboring a rat infestation and I'm concerned for the well being of all neighbors due to Black Plague and rabies concerns.

Re: RMC's el hefe build.

Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:41 am
by 93Broncobuff
Damn good lookin bronk. Man!!!