Page 1 of 23

Kel Fab Creations Bronco Build

Posted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:32 pm
by Kel Fab Creations
Here's my 95. The parts are stacking up. Front and rear glass and 35" BFG Muds on KFC Beadlocks are waiting to be put on. Beams are blasted and ready to be extended. I will be running coilovers up front with dual swing steering. Rear will be deavers and 2 link. After the suspension is on I'll be caging it. My goal for this is to build in stages so I can use it in between and not have it tore apart for ever.
Image
Image
ImageImage

As soon as I get caught up on customer parts I'll be jumping back on this. I have every intention to add all the parts I build for this to my product line so it may take a little longer to make sure everything is documented to duplicate and/fixtured. I may also be adding weld it yourself options too so stay tuned...

Re: Kel Fab Creations Bronco Build

Posted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:42 pm
by BajaBronco13
I have to say I dig the electric blue. Hope you're keeping it that color. You do nice work so I'm sure your Bronco will be tops. Keep the updates coming.

Chris

Kel Fab Creations Bronco Build

Posted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:50 pm
by SuperSixAxis
Lovin the Blue! Looking forward to this build!

Re: Kel Fab Creations Bronco Build

Posted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:41 am
by Kel Fab Creations
What's your guys opinion on these outer beadlock rings? The logo will be pocket etched like the pic at the bottom. Is this too much?
Image
Image
Image
Image

If the general opinion is that it sucks ill probably just be doing a regular ring. Just trying to get creative and throw my logo wherever it may look cool LOL.

Re: Kel Fab Creations Bronco Build

Posted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:39 am
by philofab
I like the rings...

Re: Kel Fab Creations Bronco Build

Posted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:59 am
by Silverslk
Not too much at all. They look good!!

Re: Kel Fab Creations Bronco Build

Posted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:23 pm
by Pre Run It
I think they look good. Your Bronco is gonna turn out nice. Ill be watching the build progress

Re: Kel Fab Creations Bronco Build

Posted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:10 am
by ESHALLBETTER
I like the design of the rings but only usually like big rings on rock buggys. Go fast stuff looks best with slim rings in my opinion.

Re: Kel Fab Creations Bronco Build

Posted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:15 am
by guard
two thumbs up!

Re: Kel Fab Creations Bronco Build

Posted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:57 pm
by Kel Fab Creations
Got 3 rings cut out today. can't wait to paint em blue like the truck and get everything mounted.
Image
Image

Re: Kel Fab Creations Bronco Build

Posted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:05 pm
by Pre Run It
The rings came out awesome. Are you gonna have them powder coated or paint them yourself ?

Re: Kel Fab Creations Bronco Build

Posted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:24 pm
by Kel Fab Creations
I'm just rattle canning everything for now. I found a can for the outers that kinda matches the truck. We'll see in a couple days how good it looks. The wheels are deffinately on the list of the things i wanna powdercoat in the future but for now skipping powdercoat will give me money towards suspension and other odds/ends. I can't wait for the swapmeet. Hoping to get front/rear shocks and leafs. Wish me luck...

Re: Kel Fab Creations Bronco Build

Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:41 am
by ESHALLBETTER
The rings look great, I am anxious to see them on the truck and be proven wrong!

Re: Kel Fab Creations Bronco Build

Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:54 am
by Kel Fab Creations
so i didn't find the steals that i was hoping for but i still think i scored at the swapmeet.
Image
was cool meeting those of you that i did.

Re: Kel Fab Creations Bronco Build

Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:31 pm
by Pre Run It
It was good meeting you man, cant wait to see these parts get installed. Im gonna have to hit you up for same work here in the future.

Re: Kel Fab Creations Bronco Build

Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:08 pm
by philofab
Are those WIY beadlocks? Who did the rings?

Re: Kel Fab Creations Bronco Build

Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:34 pm
by Kel Fab Creations
philofab wrote:Are those WIY beadlocks? Who did the rings?
Yes they are WIY beadlocks. I did them myself. I have a plasma table with a plate marker attachment that I use to cut all my parts.

Here's the latest. Got 2 mounted holding air.
Image
Image
My el cheapo paint job on the rings actually matches the truck. ;) After paint, the logo's get lost but if you look from certain angles they have a cool shadowed effect that can be seen in the first pic.

Re: Kel Fab Creations Bronco Build

Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:26 pm
by Mojo
man the wheels look bitchin!!! The color just works, gonna look really good when you paint the top.....

Re: Kel Fab Creations Bronco Build

Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:24 pm
by Pre Run It
The rings look awesome painted. At first glance the rear tire looked like it was 20inchs wide. Thats what little sleep does to me.

Re: Kel Fab Creations Bronco Build

Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:44 pm
by Kel Fab Creations
Pre Run It wrote:The rings look awesome painted. At first glance the rear tire looked like it was 20inchs wide. Thats what little sleep does to me.
What, you never seen a bronco dually before? haha.