Page 1 of 1

poolman's 84 Bronco

Posted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:21 am
by poolman
Finally got my body back to my house. Been cutting bedside off and starting to remove dash. I'm going to strip it out and then paint shell. Hope to get it back on frame in a month or so. I should get it in running condition in a few more months.

Re: poolman's 84 Bronco

Posted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:40 pm
by Rednek Renegade
Have any pix of how much was cut? Also what brand bedsides are those?

Re: poolman's 84 Bronco

Posted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:47 pm
by Polarcub
Looking good...cant wait to see it come together. 8-)

Re: poolman's 84 Bronco

Posted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:58 am
by poolman
i used cut odd wheels to trim it off. I need to trim it some more and grind off sharp edges. Autofab bed sides. Shitty pic, more to follow.

Re: poolman's 84 Bronco

Posted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:12 am
by poolman
try again...

Re: poolman's 84 Bronco

Posted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:55 am
by poolman
Update
Finally getting some work done on project again.I ended up buying 91 f150 4x4 for 800 bucks sold wheels tire,fake hood and assorted crap and got my money out of it.I took out motor 75K....seems right for the mileage and wear and tear. I stripped all the fuel system,wiring out and saved whatever I could, then gave away what was left. I told the guy he could have the truck but he had to take everything that was in it! So I'm installing fuel lines,wire harness everything is starting to take shape. I cleaned out gas tank from other beater Bronco that I had previously. Starting to look like it may all fit back together! I hope to get the body back on before fall, then work on building cage when it cools off here (111 degrees today) Neighbors think I'm nuts....I was washing the chassis before I put it back in garage to work on it. Keeps me off the streets at least!

Re: poolman's 84 Bronco

Posted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:59 am
by poolman
Since I have started project I have had 2 wrecked Broncos and two different F150's for parts cars. Made money on all of them(not lots) and got what I needed for my project...all off local Craigs List,pm

Re: poolman's 84 Bronco

Posted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 5:42 pm
by BDKW1
Nice rims!

Re: poolman's 84 Bronco

Posted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:41 pm
by philofab
Nice APPs. I missed out on a set of those at the swap meet.

Re: poolman's 84 Bronco

Posted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:57 pm
by SteveG
BDKW1 wrote:Nice rims!
Enduro!

Re: poolman's 84 Bronco

Posted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:35 pm
by poolman
"Enduro" my favorite TT and always loved the wheels (even the yellow ones! lol!)

I might have more......Philo you still interested in trans?

Re: poolman's 84 Bronco

Posted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:38 pm
by philofab
poolman wrote:"I might have more......Philo you still interested in trans?
Yea... I did some damage to mine this weekend... was overheating it. I'll need a rebuild for sure now.

Re: poolman's 84 Bronco

Posted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:14 pm
by BDKW1
poolman wrote:"Enduro" my favorite TT and always loved the wheels (even the yellow ones! lol!)
Screw those yellow wheels, they were such a pain in the ass to strip! Some of them are now polished, the rest are just plain..........

Re: poolman's 84 Bronco

Posted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:36 pm
by poolman
Some new pictures...I have been working on brake lines, wiring, fuel system. So far all original ford stuff, I have been cleaning stuff with wire wheel on grinder. Simple green cleans stuff up really nice. Wiring,fuel lines from 91 F150 I bought.

Re: poolman's 84 Bronco

Posted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:58 pm
by shockseals.com
The driver side rear leaf clamp on compression will whack the gas fill tube... put a new hole in the clamp so you can cut it down as far as possible and round the edges.

Re: poolman's 84 Bronco

Posted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:31 am
by poolman
10-4 thanks Kris

Re: poolman's 84 Bronco

Posted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 9:15 am
by poolman
I thought I would throw up some pictures of the Bronco. Coming together a little at a time. Money been short so a lot of cleaning rebuilding,painting polishing etc. Hope to get the body shell painted and back on the chassis in the next month or so. sorry but just getting Photobucket going so excuse the order of the pictures. I'm trying to get everything separated and in order.

http://s1142.photobucket.com/albums/n61 ... 20Project/

PS forgot how to post the link, pm