Dangers continuing '90

SandStallion

Dangers continuing '90

Post by SandStallion »

Hey, this is my ride in progress. Lets say it will be a never ending project as I am seldom happy to leave anything alone. Where to start...
[attachment=0]1212091505.JPG
The purpose of my Bronco Is first and foremost to be a capable Beach toy, and secondly to retain its streetabilility. I know Compromises will have to be made to make this a dual function vehicle, but for the most part i feel i have succeeded. I have wee lil' cars with wee lil' motors to take care of my gas mileage or street handling concerns.
1990 XLT 5.8L
E4OD
stick shift BW1356
Auto hubs
Currently factory 8.8 rear and D44 front TTB
(plans include a 9in. with 3.50:1 and locker before the end of January 2010. want to keep factory gearing for the highway trips)
Custom built (me) Bushing mount Radius arms with 4in Coil Spring and quad Bilstein's 5100's mated to Factory beams with 4in. Drop brackets up front, polyurethane bumps.

Modified Factory leaf pack in the rear, Just added another Factory overload leaf, and Stock rear shocks currently, plans include modified upper shock mounts and Bilstein's (x2 per tire)
Interior could be considered sparse at best. No carpet, and no rear bed pan side panels. Pretty much a stripped down tub, but im in the process of designing a bolt to the frame bushing mount roll bar. Not a Cage. Roll Bar. I plan Replacing the Body mounts with polyurethane units and affixing the inside of the cab to the Roll bar at strategic points via same material polyurethane mounts to minimize cab flex/noise when the shell is off, cause lets be honest, i like it topless. And quiet. I have heard all the bushing to frame and weld to the frame arguments and this suits me best.
Attachments
1212091505.JPG
1212091505.JPG (9.25 KiB) Viewed 1378 times
SandStallion

Re: Dangers continuing '90

Post by SandStallion »

*update*

Picked up a set of the Solo Motorsports Cut and Turned beams the immediate Saturday after Christmas, install and pics up shortly. And as a side note Bobby down there was a pleasure to deal with, showed me around the shop and BS'd about some of the trucks down there. T'was an Enjoyable way to spend some cash, and his work is Amazing. I ordered the beams at 12:00 on the dot and they were ready at 1:30 to be picked up. Nice.
SandStallion

Post by SandStallion »

Installing beams as we speak *or as i type* No really. Im sitting at the shop right now, its 7:00, im covered in under-bronco droppings and the new beams look suh-WEET!! As soon as my Camera shows up ill post a few pics.
SandStallion

Post by SandStallion »

Here is a few pics... Gonna finish this weekend
Attachments
Droop
Droop
Droop.JPG (14.08 KiB) Viewed 1240 times
Ride Height
Ride Height
rideheight1.JPG (15.29 KiB) Viewed 1240 times
old Drop Brackets
old Drop Brackets
4indropbrackets.JPG (11.77 KiB) Viewed 1240 times
SteveG
Admin
Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)

Post by SteveG »

Cool! You're pictures are really small.
Sho nuff,
SteveG
SandStallion

Post by SandStallion »

Yeah, i tried getting pics up with my digi-cam but the filesize was WAY to big to post as an attachment, so i had to use the cell phone. Modifying pics via cpu isn't my strongest suite. Im doing brakes and Balljoint Dust boots, and switching to manual hubs while i have it all apart too. Once you get in there you got to do it all you know?