Page 1 of 6

1990 go fast bronco “Eddie “

Posted: Sat Feb 12, 2022 5:46 am
by xjgiles_
Just had this delivered yesterday 2-12-22 from southern Tennessee to michigan. The first thing I did was wash the salt off it from its ride up here. Now I start planning out my build. Plan so far is McNeil racing glass and dash Holley efi and going to swap to a 4r70w. Going to buy extended beams 12” coil overs and cage it. I’m undecided about the rear right now. I keep telling my self just keep it simple with leafs but I also want to just link it lol. As far as shocks go I’m going with Carbon Shocks 3.0 coil over front and 3.0 triple bypass rear. I would like to add a set of twin turbos once I have it up and running which is why I’m going with the Holley terminator x. That’s all for now I will try to keep this updated as I get parts Image
Image
Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: 1990 go fast bronco “Eddie “

Posted: Sat Feb 12, 2022 12:58 pm
by BDKW1
Nice start, that thing has not seen much road salt in it's life.

Re: 1990 go fast bronco “Eddie “

Posted: Sat Feb 12, 2022 3:59 pm
by xjgiles_
Well just went out to see if it would start and turns out the 351 is locked up… so looks like I will finally be using that big block with cnc ported dove heads


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: 1990 go fast bronco “Eddie “

Posted: Sat Feb 12, 2022 4:28 pm
by Wrightracing.net
Keep us informed if you do the Big block.
You can get motor mounts from Bronco Graveyard.
I have been I have them contemplating the swap in my Bronco also. I was also looking for a good standalone fuel injection system to use on mine that I already had the multi-port injection I'm looking at the Terminator x working for me. You should check it out
Here is the link..
https://shop.broncograveyard.com/mobile ... fo/30907A/

Re: 1990 go fast bronco “Eddie “

Posted: Sat Feb 12, 2022 6:03 pm
by xjgiles_
Wrightracing.net wrote:Keep us informed if you do the Big block.
You can get motor mounts from Bronco Graveyard.
I have been I have them contemplating the swap in my Bronco also. I was also looking for a good standalone fuel injection system to use on mine that I already had the multi-port injection I'm looking at the Terminator x working for me. You should check it out
Here is the link..
https://shop.broncograveyard.com/mobile ... fo/30907A/
Yes bronco graveyard is about 30 min from me. I used them when I built my 74 and my dads 68 and my brother-in-laws 74 we are currently building lol. My dads 68 has a twin turbo 5.0 and uses the terminator x works great. My buddy also uses it in his race cars


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: 1990 go fast bronco “Eddie “

Posted: Mon Feb 14, 2022 7:33 pm
by xjgiles_
Ordered a set of solo +4.5 beams and radios arms tonight! Should be about 2 weeks out!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: 1990 go fast bronco “Eddie “

Posted: Thu Feb 17, 2022 8:55 pm
by xjgiles_
Well in a nice turn of events I was standing at the clock about to leave work when a bronco popped up about a hour away from me. It had a solo motor sports cage, solo coil over mounts solo radius arms solo rear shackle hangers and shackles as well as Q80 springs. It’s a roller but was a frame off from out of state (Arizona) so it’s clean so I will be selling the black one and picking up where the guy left off with this one.

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: 1990 go fast bronco “Eddie “

Posted: Fri Feb 18, 2022 10:15 am
by ChaseTruck754
Nice score on that last one! Saves you a bit of work there and will go nicely with the beams you just ordered.

Re: 1990 go fast bronco “Eddie “

Posted: Fri Feb 18, 2022 11:16 am
by xjgiles_
ChaseTruck754 wrote:Nice score on that last one! Saves you a bit of work there and will go nicely with the beams you just ordered.
It will for sure and at $4200 it was a really good deal lol


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: 1990 go fast bronco “Eddie “

Posted: Sat Feb 19, 2022 10:19 am
by ChaseTruck754
Based on bronco prices right now and with all those parts that seems like a steal!

Re: 1990 go fast bronco “Eddie “

Posted: Wed Feb 23, 2022 6:38 am
by xjgiles_
Few parts have started to show up for this. I told my wife I wouldn’t work on it until I finish my 77 super cab build but that doesn’t mean I can’t order parts. I got my switch pro which I plan to use to run all my electronics in the bronco. I also got a 2:1 steering quickener my beams should be here in a week or so. I have my 460 up on a stand and getting ready to order a cam and gaskets for it so I can get it set in the frame.

Re: 1990 go fast bronco “Eddie “

Posted: Wed Feb 23, 2022 8:04 am
by ChaseTruck754
77 supercab huh?? What's the scoop on that build!?!?

Re: 1990 go fast bronco “Eddie “

Posted: Wed Feb 23, 2022 8:39 am
by xjgiles_
ChaseTruck754 wrote: ↑
Wed Feb 23, 2022 8:04 am
77 supercab huh?? What's the scoop on that build!?!?
It’s nothing special lol just a 77 f250 with a 12v Cummins zf5 and 2010 superduty axles and suspension under it. It’s one of 2 super cabs I own

Re: 1990 go fast bronco “Eddie “

Posted: Wed Feb 23, 2022 10:17 am
by ChaseTruck754
Sounds boring... Was the 77 2wd or 4wd originally?

I have a '74 crew cab with a 12v and NV4500 sitting on the side yard. Mine only has a 78/79 d60 front and 2002 sterling 10.5 rear though. I had a '74 supercab that was supposed to be the desert toy but marriage and kids came along and the supercab left. Crew cab is "for sale" currently, but it's like selling off a kid so it hasn't left yet.

Re: 1990 go fast bronco “Eddie “

Posted: Wed Feb 23, 2022 12:09 pm
by xjgiles_
ChaseTruck754 wrote:Sounds boring... Was the 77 2wd or 4wd originally?

I have a '74 crew cab with a 12v and NV4500 sitting on the side yard. Mine only has a 78/79 d60 front and 2002 sterling 10.5 rear though. I had a '74 supercab that was supposed to be the desert toy but marriage and kids came along and the supercab left. Crew cab is "for sale" currently, but it's like selling off a kid so it hasn't left yet.
Original it was a 2wd but now it’s 4x4 short bed. It’s going to be my tow rig. It’s a flat bed and will live hooked to a trailer. I’m sure my dad will use it just as often as me. Lol


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: 1990 go fast bronco “Eddie “

Posted: Wed Feb 23, 2022 7:15 pm
by xjgiles_
Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Re: 1990 go fast bronco “Eddie “

Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2022 12:29 pm
by ChaseTruck754
Nice tow rig!

Random, but if you know anyone with a supercab looking for a piece of the "race track" trim I have one here. It's the skinnier trim that would be toward the bottom of the body. It's supercab specific and I grabbed it from the junk yard years ago so it didn't get scrapped as they are hard to find. I put it on the facebook early ford groups off and on but haven't found anyone who needs it yet.

Re: 1990 go fast bronco “Eddie “

Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2022 12:56 pm
by xjgiles_
ChaseTruck754 wrote:Nice tow rig!

Random, but if you know anyone with a supercab looking for a piece of the "race track" trim I have one here. It's the skinnier trim that would be toward the bottom of the body. It's supercab specific and I grabbed it from the junk yard years ago so it didn't get scrapped as they are hard to find. I put it on the facebook early ford groups off and on but haven't found anyone who needs it yet.
Right on I didn’t not know any one other than my self with super cabs but will keep it in mid if I see anyone looking. I need to get more recent pictures of the truck but haven’t worked on it in a while. I will be pulling it out of the barn this week to take it to my dads and set up my rear suspension on it. He has a lift and that’s where my mill and lathe are his shop is heated all the time and mines not


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Re: 1990 go fast bronco “Eddie “

Posted: Tue Mar 22, 2022 6:11 pm
by xjgiles_
Well I did a few things on the bronco while I’m waiting on parts to show up for my Cummins swap. I picked up some used +6 front fenders and temporarily installed my steering quickner. I took the opportunity to teach my niece how to use my lathe and mill had her make me a Litle adapter. I also picked up a 4x4 c6 that needs a rebuild and started collecting parts for my 460 swap. I’m waiting on my solo beams and some 2.5x14 coil overs. Image
On to a couple picsImage
Image
Image

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Re: 1990 go fast bronco “Eddie “

Posted: Wed Apr 06, 2022 4:12 am
by xjgiles_
My beams and coil overs came in yesterday! I can’t wait to start building this! I also started assembling the 460 that’s going to be in this. Cleaned the block up put the ported dove heads on it and sat the intake on it. I have also installed the cam and lifters and roller rockers since I took this picture.

Image


Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro