RMC's el hefe build.

Rmc
El Jefe
Posts: 6028
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:22 pm
Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner
Location: IE SoCal
Contact:

Re: RMC's el hefe build.

Post by Rmc »

...
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (152.73 KiB) Viewed 1692 times
User avatar
Wrightracing.net
Posts: 2235
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:58 pm
Bronco Info: 1972 Bronco with an 86 chassis, full cage and Long travel coil-over suspension.
Location: San Diego
Contact:

Re: RMC's el hefe build.

Post by Wrightracing.net »

Love it. I really need to get some more time on my mill making stuff like this.
dtbback
Posts: 1677
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:45 am
Bronco Info: 1996 EB 351W!! First Bronco!! Plan: Prerunner/ Trail Rig/ SHTF All around Rig

Re: RMC's el hefe build.

Post by dtbback »

Rob will those fit inside the stock 15" wheels?
Rmc
El Jefe
Posts: 6028
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:22 pm
Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner
Location: IE SoCal
Contact:

Re: RMC's el hefe build.

Post by Rmc »

With stock rotor yes. You'll need an aftermarket caliper though.
Rmc
El Jefe
Posts: 6028
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:22 pm
Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner
Location: IE SoCal
Contact:

Re: RMC's el hefe build.

Post by Rmc »

So 2 nights of screwing around trying to figure out the issue. Come to find out the parts house gave me a similar but incorrect lower ball joint. It ended up changing the knuckle placement downward causing the stub shaft to bind. I put in the correct one and the steering cycles full range while spinning the d44 diff. 2 dementions to change for snap ring clearance and I can start making these things in quantity.
dtbback
Posts: 1677
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:45 am
Bronco Info: 1996 EB 351W!! First Bronco!! Plan: Prerunner/ Trail Rig/ SHTF All around Rig

Re: RMC's el hefe build.

Post by dtbback »

Sweet!
User avatar
robertcrav
Let me google that for you
Posts: 4313
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:06 am
Bronco Info: Lana - Stock width c/t coil-overs/bypasses -- Sylvia - Stock width 4" Rancho kit on Billies
Location: South O.C.
Contact:

Re: RMC's el hefe build.

Post by robertcrav »

Badass Robert
cs_drums
Posts: 2912
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:39 am
Bronco Info: 94 5.8 Bronco w/dreams of being finished

Re: RMC's el hefe build.

Post by cs_drums »

Right on
User avatar
SteveG
Admin
Posts: 6177
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:25 am
Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)
Location: Arroyo Grande, CA

Re: RMC's el hefe build.

Post by SteveG »

Man. chasing your tail on stuff like wrong parts is a killer. This is why I almost always looked up my own parts. That way I can only hate myself when I blow it! I'm glad to hear you got it figured out. Those looks bad ass!
Rmc
El Jefe
Posts: 6028
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:22 pm
Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner
Location: IE SoCal
Contact:

Re: RMC's el hefe build.

Post by Rmc »

I was irritated. Here's a pic stock center ( confirmed by 3 bad rusty stock ones) replacements left and right. Left being the good one right being the wrong part. I discovered it after removing the rubber boot. The left boot appears to be glued on.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (134.06 KiB) Viewed 1567 times
Rmc
El Jefe
Posts: 6028
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:22 pm
Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner
Location: IE SoCal
Contact:

Re: RMC's el hefe build.

Post by Rmc »

So yesterday I became a Yukon gear dealer so after I grab my resale liscense I can get what I need to put these knuckle kits together with new complete parts if you guys wanted. Vs run your exsisting hubs ect. I needed to do this cause I needed a line on stub shafts for another project I have cooking.
User avatar
philofab
Basura Blanca
Posts: 5643
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:37 am
Bronco Info: A pile of crap.
Location: Bullhead, AZ
Contact:

Re: RMC's el hefe build.

Post by philofab »

Rmc wrote:So yesterday I became a Yukon gear dealer so after I grab my resale liscense I can get what I need to put these knuckle kits together with new complete parts if you guys wanted. Vs run your exsisting hubs ect. I needed to do this cause I needed a line on stub shafts for another project I have cooking.
What all is needed other than stock parts?
VintageIronFab
Posts: 2338
Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 12:25 am
Bronco Info: Bronco List:
Location: Phoenix, AZ

Re: RMC's el hefe build.

Post by VintageIronFab »

If my current stock parts are good then I'd like to keep using them for cost purposes. No sense on buying parts just to buy parts of the old ones are in great shape.
Rmc
El Jefe
Posts: 6028
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:22 pm
Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner
Location: IE SoCal
Contact:

Re: RMC's el hefe build.

Post by Rmc »

Nothing philo, but if a guy wanted to switch from 5 bolt to 6 bolt snouts ect. It's a way for me to get better pricing ect. Mainly it's a way for me to get parts for other assemblies I have cooking. I should have 5 spindle types not just for broncos done by summer.
User avatar
philofab
Basura Blanca
Posts: 5643
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:37 am
Bronco Info: A pile of crap.
Location: Bullhead, AZ
Contact:

Re: RMC's el hefe build.

Post by philofab »

Rmc wrote:Nothing philo, but if a guy wanted to switch from 5 bolt to 6 bolt snouts ect. It's a way for me to get better pricing ect. Mainly it's a way for me to get parts for other assemblies I have cooking. I should have 5 spindle types not just for broncos done by summer.
Nice. I wouldn't mind if I could get these with a Dana 60 snout to match the rear of my truck. I haven't bothered to check if axles could be made with the correct u-joint but I doubt that would be an issue.
User avatar
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Posts: 9194
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:46 am
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks
Location: Huntington Beach, CA

Re: RMC's el hefe build.

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

He told me he thinks he has the D50 parts on the D44 beams thing figured out with a knuckle like this. You could then run the D50 snout (= pretty much a D60 snout) and your hubs.
Rmc
El Jefe
Posts: 6028
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:22 pm
Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner
Location: IE SoCal
Contact:

Re: RMC's el hefe build.

Post by Rmc »

:D
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (100.76 KiB) Viewed 1473 times
Rmc
El Jefe
Posts: 6028
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:22 pm
Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner
Location: IE SoCal
Contact:

Re: RMC's el hefe build.

Post by Rmc »

...
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (102.73 KiB) Viewed 1344 times
User avatar
hobbyturnedobsession
Posts: 4673
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:34 am
Bronco Info: 96 c/o w/ 5.0
Location: High Desert CA

Post by hobbyturnedobsession »

Finally! I came over before the girls were born and he had a rough setup he changed quite a few times. Way to go man they look killer.
Rmc
El Jefe
Posts: 6028
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:22 pm
Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner
Location: IE SoCal
Contact:

Re: RMC's el hefe build.

Post by Rmc »

all stock geometry maintained.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (463.09 KiB) Viewed 1179 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (409.1 KiB) Viewed 1179 times
Post Reply