RMC's el hefe build.

Drew
Posts: 216
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:56 pm
Bronco Info: Just picked up a 95 bronco stock. Ready to make it go fast....lol
Location: Hemet

Re: RMC's el hefe build.

Post by Drew »

I haven't had mine out yet but I put 375/500 on mine. Mark at south west ordered them with 500/500 thing was stiff as hell. Our bronco look like twins. Image
Rmc
El Jefe
Posts: 6028
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:22 pm
Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner
Location: IE SoCal
Contact:

Re: RMC's el hefe build.

Post by Rmc »

Pretty close huh, I have 400 over 500 on mine now and it's too stiff as well. This new set is 300 over 400. I will test it by the weekend.
User avatar
robertcrav
Let me google that for you
Posts: 4313
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:06 am
Bronco Info: Lana - Stock width c/t coil-overs/bypasses -- Sylvia - Stock width 4" Rancho kit on Billies
Location: South O.C.
Contact:

Re: RMC's el hefe build.

Post by robertcrav »

I have 400/500 on My bilsteins 9100s
User avatar
Travisfab
Posts: 1274
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:09 pm
Bronco Info: 95 XLT 5.8 C6 Prerunner

Re: RMC's el hefe build.

Post by Travisfab »

I have 350/450 on mine and it's too soft for +4 beams. In case anyone want to do a trade.
User avatar
hobbyturnedobsession
Posts: 4673
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:34 am
Bronco Info: 96 c/o w/ 5.0
Location: High Desert CA

Re: RMC's el hefe build.

Post by hobbyturnedobsession »

Im 400/500 and its almost too soft. I did notice though that after i firmed up the compression its alot better.
User avatar
Travisfab
Posts: 1274
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:09 pm
Bronco Info: 95 XLT 5.8 C6 Prerunner

Re: RMC's el hefe build.

Post by Travisfab »

I'm going to throw on a 600 lower
Rmc
El Jefe
Posts: 6028
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:22 pm
Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner
Location: IE SoCal
Contact:

Re: RMC's el hefe build.

Post by Rmc »

Isn't there a thread for the spring rate discussion?
Rmc
El Jefe
Posts: 6028
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:22 pm
Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner
Location: IE SoCal
Contact:

Re: RMC's el hefe build.

Post by Rmc »

You guys keep getting me excited to see if anyone answered my question about f20/10 standing for flutter stack setup.
User avatar
Kel Fab Creations
Posts: 727
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:01 pm
Bronco Info: 95 Bronco
Location: San Jacinto, Ca
Contact:

Re: RMC's el hefe build.

Post by Kel Fab Creations »

My guess would be a fluttered .020 for compression and reg. 010 for rebound. Call them right now. LOL!
cs_drums
Posts: 2912
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:39 am
Bronco Info: 94 5.8 Bronco w/dreams of being finished

Re: RMC's el hefe build.

Post by cs_drums »

I have 350/450 and i am very happy with it! this vid has a few good shots.....
http://youtu.be/5Vpr3yfwsjo

I have 4.5 over beams, 14" c/o 18" travel
Rmc
El Jefe
Posts: 6028
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:22 pm
Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner
Location: IE SoCal
Contact:

Re: RMC's el hefe build.

Post by Rmc »

I emailed em. No big deal I was just curious that's all.
Rmc
El Jefe
Posts: 6028
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:22 pm
Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner
Location: IE SoCal
Contact:

Re: RMC's el hefe build.

Post by Rmc »

Ahh Sunday a day for rest and relaxation...
So I spent the better part of 4hrs replacing every bolt in my beadlocks, the wheels were purchased used from a race team and I have to guess the bolts were stretched and fatigued. Every time I got where I was going I was missing a few bolts here and a few bolts there. On one wheel I had 7 shear in the wheel. A lot of fun grinding left handed drills and some quality time with an easy-out later I now have ( hopefully) reliable beadlock bolts. Btw if you shear or lose 5 bolts the tire goes flat, not that you can't drive it like that. I got a flat 1/2 way to el cajon and only realized it when I got where I was going. Today no leaks, no sheared or lost bolts so my effort was not in vain. If anyone wants to know you must use a torque wrench and set it to 10lbs make 3 laps, 15lbs 3laps, 18lbs and 2 to 3 more laps to maintain even pressure. Re torque or check every 2 to 3 months and anti sieze each bolt before install.
User avatar
tcm glx
Peanut Butter
Posts: 7309
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:19 am
Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8
Location: Riverside Ca
Contact:

Re: RMC's el hefe build.

Post by tcm glx »

Rmc wrote:Ahh Sunday a day for rest and relaxation...
So I spent the better part of 4hrs replacing every bolt in my beadlocks, the wheels were purchased used from a race team and I have to guess the bolts were stretched and fatigued. Every time I got where I was going I was missing a few bolts here and a few bolts there. On one wheel I had 7 shear in the wheel. A lot of fun grinding left handed drills and some quality time with an easy-out later I now have ( hopefully) reliable beadlock bolts. Btw if you shear or lose 5 bolts the tire goes flat, not that you can't drive it like that. I got a flat 1/2 way to el cajon and only realized it when I got where I was going. Today no leaks, no sheared or lost bolts so my effort was not in vain. If anyone wants to know you must use a torque wrench and set it to 10lbs make 3 laps, 15lbs 3laps, 18lbs and 2 to 3 more laps to maintain even pressure. Re torque or check every 2 to 3 months and anti sieze each bolt before install.

Damn, that's a friendly reminder why I don't want beadlocks. Hahaha
Rmc
El Jefe
Posts: 6028
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:22 pm
Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner
Location: IE SoCal
Contact:

Re: RMC's el hefe build.

Post by Rmc »

Oh ya I also put the new kings on the other night, still a bit stiff on the initial bumps for my liking. I've been meaning to move my lower shock mounts toward the frame more so that's up next, this should add a little more leverage on the shocks n soften up the ride a bit. I made the replacement tabs the other night.
Rmc
El Jefe
Posts: 6028
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:22 pm
Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner
Location: IE SoCal
Contact:

Re: RMC's el hefe build.

Post by Rmc »

Yes beadlocks are a big ole fat pain in the ass. But worth it when pissed off for cornering too fast with low tire pressure and poping a bead (been there too).
Rmc
El Jefe
Posts: 6028
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:22 pm
Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner
Location: IE SoCal
Contact:

Re: RMC's el hefe build.

Post by Rmc »

Shock tabs:
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (216.19 KiB) Viewed 1516 times
User avatar
93Broncobuff
Posts: 1012
Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:18 pm
Bronco Info: 1993, 351w, K&N,4" Bilstein 5100 lift, procomp coils, SSFAB Beams, Giant R/A's
Location: Huntington Beach, California

Re: RMC's el hefe build.

Post by 93Broncobuff »

nice!
Rmc
El Jefe
Posts: 6028
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:22 pm
Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner
Location: IE SoCal
Contact:

Re: RMC's el hefe build.

Post by Rmc »

Proof that SoCal gets rain once in a while, took a short cut that turned drift fest between guide wires and high tension poles. On the wet clay it was like driving on ice, sideways pinned in 3rd gear drifting 25mph sliding for days. I started getting a little nervous in the super squishy sections. I really didn't want to get stuck.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (213.83 KiB) Viewed 995 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (226.82 KiB) Viewed 995 times
Rmc
El Jefe
Posts: 6028
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:22 pm
Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner
Location: IE SoCal
Contact:

Re: RMC's el hefe build.

Post by Rmc »

I drove back n forth through a big deep puddle after so I could help the wipers with the big chunks.
User avatar
93Broncobuff
Posts: 1012
Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:18 pm
Bronco Info: 1993, 351w, K&N,4" Bilstein 5100 lift, procomp coils, SSFAB Beams, Giant R/A's
Location: Huntington Beach, California

Re: RMC's el hefe build.

Post by 93Broncobuff »

Nice man looks like it was fun!!!!!
Post Reply