Tina Turner

SC150
Bronco Info: 1989 5spd Cantilevered Bronco

Re: Tina Turner

Post by SC150 »

Believe it's damn close to 7' by 5'. I asked him to mount it solely to the fiberglass shell. Told em I needed it to be strong enough to walk around on. Waiting to see how they went about it.
ChiroMatt
Bronco Info: 96 Eddie Bauer 5.8l Clean Stock for now

Post by ChiroMatt »

ok thx

please post pics of mounting inside and out.

i had been thinking of a rack just about like yours, imo looks great.
SC150

Post by SC150 »

Here's some pics jay sent me this afternoon. Headed out to pick her up in a few days. He had to scrap the inner fender wells and build a tube structure. The seat mount turned out super cool and versatile. He also reran the brake lines down the radius arms. Very happy w how she's coming along, although 37s would look prettttttttty good under those fenders...
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (145.13 KiB) Viewed 1405 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (175.67 KiB) Viewed 1405 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (199.56 KiB) Viewed 1405 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (192.17 KiB) Viewed 1405 times
C H O
Bronco Info: 1993 Lightning

Post by C H O »

Hell ya! Looks awesome
otter
Bronco Info: Currently in a holding pattern

Post by otter »

Looks good. But yeah it needs 37's. haha.
cypher
Bronco Info: 1994 Ford Bronco w/ Southwest Performance suspension

Post by cypher »

Looks great! Paint it and drive it and enjoy.
D1cker1
Bronco Info: 93 EB Bronco 12"Over 40" BFG projects 5.13 gears in a 8.8... 1 seat and stripped Interior

Post by D1cker1 »

37s
tcm glx
Peanut Butter
Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8

Post by tcm glx »

37s!
otter
Bronco Info: Currently in a holding pattern

Post by otter »

Well the results are in! Looks like Dustin is going to need to buy a set of 37's.. haha. Hey it's already geared for it.
philofab
Basura Blanca
Bronco Info: A pile of crap.

Post by philofab »

What are the pull pins on the right hand rear seat for?
cypher
Bronco Info: 1994 Ford Bronco w/ Southwest Performance suspension

Post by cypher »

tcm glx wrote:37s!
Can of worms?
SC150

Post by SC150 »

Pull pins are for the parachute...

They're for easy removal to make it a three seater.
Nick
Founder
Bronco Info: 1995 bird poop target

Post by Nick »

cypher wrote:
tcm glx wrote:37s!
Can of worms?
I believe so.
Rmc
El Jefe
Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner

Post by Rmc »

I don't think 37's are as big of a deal as some may think.
D1cker1
Bronco Info: 93 EB Bronco 12"Over 40" BFG projects 5.13 gears in a 8.8... 1 seat and stripped Interior

Post by D1cker1 »

Rmc wrote:I don't think 37's are as big of a deal as some may think.
Your right..
Go 39s.
Baja
Bronco Info: 95, 5.8, E4OD, 4:88s Front: 4.5 C&T, 2.5 C/O Rear: Deavers Shackles 3.0 bypass All Threat

Post by Baja »

D1cker1 wrote:
Rmc wrote:I don't think 37's are as big of a deal as some may think.
Your right..
Go 39s.
Exactly! As soon as I got a Bronco with 37s, 39s become the new 37s :cry:
Baja
Bronco Info: 95, 5.8, E4OD, 4:88s Front: 4.5 C&T, 2.5 C/O Rear: Deavers Shackles 3.0 bypass All Threat

Post by Baja »

By the way.... That rack looks pretty stout. You must be happy. It looks great!
SC150

Post by SC150 »

So, figured I'd give a post-1000 run down.

Baja kicked our asses this time around. The plan was to meet up with our group in San Felipe and run the course from Coco’s to San Juanico. Heading across on the Coco’s road we got a flat. Big weird cut right in the middle of the tread (ie: not patchable). We threw on the spare and decided to split from the group and locate another tire before meeting up in San Ignacio. We saw a down moto rider along the way and Batman (R.Acer) and his crew stopped at the turn off with a busted up chase truck. Seemed like that area was taking it's toll on people for some reason.

Not more than 4 miles after we parted ways with our group, the spare decided to explode on the highway. We were up shit creek without a paddle. We were fortunate and ended up finding a 36x14.5 Super Swamper at a llantera about a quarter mile away. Very lucky find. The tire wouldn't fit in the rear so we had to switch the front and back. However, the wheel studs had come loose and we could get the damn tire off to even fix it. As luck would have it, a class 11 chase team had flown by us and turned around to give a hand. They rev'd up a generator and stick welded the studs for us. Absolute comedy. About 7 dudes in an extra cab mid-size with Grandma and Grandpa cruising in the truck bed. Total legends. We switched out the tires and were on our way. We ended up making it all the way to G. Negro on the spare and paid 350 for a couple of "semi-nuevo" General all terrains and stayed the night at the Malarrrimo. Continued on as usual, but noticed the rear end was getting louder than normal...

San Juanico was good times. Lots of beer and bullshitting. Jesse Jones had been there for a month prerunning his sections. He had worn out his prerunner and had his TT tuned down and was rallying it all over town (see: saltwater donuts). The car we were pitting for (Wilson class one) came through with no problems and only had to dump fuel.

The next day I was getting nervous about the rear end noise so I took it to a little shadetree mechanic to have him take a look. He pulled the third member and found the ring and pinion were starting to get ground down. My heart sank knowing that we had a real long drive home, but everyone I could find who knew anything about it (thank you Anger Issues guys!!) said that we could probably make it home with thicker gear oil.

On our way out the course was absolutely beat to hell. The long stretch of normally mild whoops had turned into a bit of a nightmare. I kept her in 2wd and mashed through. Once we hit the pavement the rear end was howling pretty damn good, though. We pulled into San Ignacio and split up from our buddies in the four seaters and began taking it real slow on the highway. The third member was definitely letting go, so we limped into G Negro once again and had the third member taken apart. It didn't look too much worse, but we didn't wanna keep trucking in the dark. We stayed at the Malarrimo once again and bumped into "Cactus Cooler" and had a chat.

We got an early start on Sunday and after a few stops looking for a new third member/trailer/cliff to push the bronco off of, we ended up pulling the rear driveshaft. The R&P were definitely going to blow and my fear was that it might lock up on the highway and God knows how that would end. Some of the DA guys stopped for us in Nuevo Rosarito when we were starting to go into panic mode. They lent us a 9mm star wrench (which I will be buying several of soon) and loaded us up with water and MRE's.

WE ENDED UP DRIVING OVER 500 MILES ALL THE WAY HOME IN FRONT WHEEL DRIVE!!!!!!!!!!!! I had heard that you could use this trick to get out of a bind, but I had no idea to what extent. For anyone interested in knowing, it's drives like hell. It wants to push through turns and you have to be realllllllly smooth and gentle with the transitions when accelerating, otherwise the front lifts and starts trying to shake itself apart.

So, now the bronco is parked in the driveway. Gonna pull the 3rd this weekend and have it rebuilt. I'm ditching the spool for sure. I'm damn near positive that driving around town with it as much as I did caused the wear and tear that led to the failure. I'm thinking posi of some sort. That and a paint job and I'll sit on it for a while.

On another note, I can't begin to express how stoked I was on the giant ass roof rack. It got a work out. We had to play mule for all the four seaters and that rack was worth its weight in gold on this trip.

Anyways, here's a couple of photos to tie in with the rambling. Hope everyone had a good time down there.
Attachments
bronco w flat.PNG
bronco w flat.PNG (246.54 KiB) Viewed 1141 times
bronco beach party.PNG
bronco beach party.PNG (278.19 KiB) Viewed 1141 times
bronco pano.PNG
bronco pano.PNG (200.25 KiB) Viewed 1141 times
tcm glx
Peanut Butter
Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8

Post by tcm glx »