Bray's 96 Sleeper
- RyanDS650X
- Posts: 1868
- Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:13 am
- Bronco Info: Autofab '96 XLT 5.8
- Location: Mesa, AZ
- Contact:
Re: Bray's 96 Sleeper
Fancy! lookin good Bray!
'96 XLT 5.8l lil edelbrock, lil Autofab, LOTTA fun.
"I wouldnt even call adding beer as part of a prep...its like putting tires on the vehicle, you just do it."
-shockseals.com
"I wouldnt even call adding beer as part of a prep...its like putting tires on the vehicle, you just do it."
-shockseals.com
-
hollandermotorsports
- Posts: 969
- Joined: Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:56 am
- Bronco Info: 1990 Bronco lifted, 1995 Centurian F-150 with body lift delete
Re: Bray's 96 Sleeper
You know pretty soon Jonny is going to have to splurge for a most valued customer jacket you are definitely going to be one of the top contenders lol. Looks killer as all the work that the magician Cho and the rest of the team there does. I'll have to swing by and check it out before too long.
Re: Bray's 96 Sleeper
Thanks Steve and Ryan; just so you know, you have been added you to my growing list of 'bronco bad influences'
Brandon, that is a great idea haha. As long as yours is linked, 4.5" over, and touring the local offroad show circuit- you're winning the value sweepstakes!
Question for you on the wraps- how tough are they holding up to desert pinstriping and what kind of life is your guy typically getting?
You ever see any gloss applications in person? I've only seen the matte style and not sure it's the right fit for my truck.
Some gloss like this, though, might be okay
https://www.aliexpress.com/store/produc ... 0.0.Jhk8tH
thanks for any info you can share- I have no experience with the stuff
Brandon, that is a great idea haha. As long as yours is linked, 4.5" over, and touring the local offroad show circuit- you're winning the value sweepstakes!
Question for you on the wraps- how tough are they holding up to desert pinstriping and what kind of life is your guy typically getting?
You ever see any gloss applications in person? I've only seen the matte style and not sure it's the right fit for my truck.
Some gloss like this, though, might be okay
https://www.aliexpress.com/store/produc ... 0.0.Jhk8tH
thanks for any info you can share- I have no experience with the stuff
Re: Bray's 96 Sleeper
More updates




Re: Bray's 96 Sleeper

Our goal is to figure out a way to mount the fenders in a stealthy manner- CHO is pretty sure we'll be able to hide all the dzus tabs and keep it hush hush.
I realize the sleeper status will be compromised a bit, but function over form- and I think I can hold the line.
Re: Bray's 96 Sleeper
power steering resi placement




Re: Bray's 96 Sleeper
As so often happens, one thing leads to another and the "while we're at it" philosophy takes over.
There was a ton of deliberation on my part, as I went over the options.
Been extremely happy with the way the SWP package has performed- the truck flat out gets it as fast as I want to go.
Zero complaints, looks so nice and clean and gets the job done. Really fits the sleeper style.
Adding the ram assist to protect the sector shaft was really the last thing to do. Keep it simple. No brainer.
Yeah right.
Since we're reinventing the upper shock mounts, why not think about stepping up the shock package?
If the shocks are gonna change, then why not maximize their capabilities?
You guys know how the script goes.
So, we decided on this course of action:
A set of CHO's gorgeous J-Beams with Billet ends- 2" wider per side
Richer's single swinger steering set up
King 3.0" diameter 14" travel IBP coilovers with the adjustable reservoirs
I figure I get to retain a lot of the 'tight trailabiity' of the truck, while gaining some more stability and better turning radius by going 4" wider overall.
I get to maintain my relatively mild mannered appearance as well
I recall speaking with Brian (Yikes) at the LeDuc swapmeet about the improvement he saw with that type of increase in trackwidth.
CHO says 20" of travel will be the target.
He'll also clearance the heater box while he is at it- in case I want to run 37's in the future.
So.... back to those Solo beam pivots I picked up for 'some rainy day'.
It's raining boys... it's raining
There was a ton of deliberation on my part, as I went over the options.
Been extremely happy with the way the SWP package has performed- the truck flat out gets it as fast as I want to go.
Zero complaints, looks so nice and clean and gets the job done. Really fits the sleeper style.
Adding the ram assist to protect the sector shaft was really the last thing to do. Keep it simple. No brainer.
Yeah right.
Since we're reinventing the upper shock mounts, why not think about stepping up the shock package?
If the shocks are gonna change, then why not maximize their capabilities?
You guys know how the script goes.
So, we decided on this course of action:
A set of CHO's gorgeous J-Beams with Billet ends- 2" wider per side
Richer's single swinger steering set up
King 3.0" diameter 14" travel IBP coilovers with the adjustable reservoirs
I figure I get to retain a lot of the 'tight trailabiity' of the truck, while gaining some more stability and better turning radius by going 4" wider overall.
I get to maintain my relatively mild mannered appearance as well
I recall speaking with Brian (Yikes) at the LeDuc swapmeet about the improvement he saw with that type of increase in trackwidth.
CHO says 20" of travel will be the target.
He'll also clearance the heater box while he is at it- in case I want to run 37's in the future.
So.... back to those Solo beam pivots I picked up for 'some rainy day'.
It's raining boys... it's raining
-
hollandermotorsports
- Posts: 969
- Joined: Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:56 am
- Bronco Info: 1990 Bronco lifted, 1995 Centurian F-150 with body lift delete
Re: Bray's 96 Sleeper
We drug my wrap through the trees and bushes of big bear and down to pioneer town and back it has light scratches but probably in better shape than paint would be. If you figure wrap every 4-5 years that is what my buddies do on their company trucks. But depending on color and climate and material quality that could vary a lot. Think outside AZ through the summer cheap material maybe get a year out of it type deal. Mine still looks killer but it was only outside 24/7 for like 2 months the rest of its life has been inside. If you are parked outside throw a cover over it and should last a long time.DMbronco wrote:
Question for you on the wraps- how tough are they holding up to desert pinstriping and what kind of life is your guy typically getting?
You ever see any gloss applications in person? I've only seen the matte style and not sure it's the right fit for my truck.
Some gloss like this, though, might be okay
https://www.aliexpress.com/store/produc ... 0.0.Jhk8tH
thanks for any info you can share- I have no experience with the stuff
Re: Bray's 96 Sleeper
thanks for the info Brandon. May need to take a closer look at this option.
Liking the idea of an aircraft grey type look- Jeep has a nice looking color called Anvil that looks the goods.
In the meantime, just got some updates from CHO
backing plates going into the knuckles

Liking the idea of an aircraft grey type look- Jeep has a nice looking color called Anvil that looks the goods.
In the meantime, just got some updates from CHO
backing plates going into the knuckles

Re: Bray's 96 Sleeper
plating in the frame where the steering box bolts up.
such a shame we have to paint all these pretty welds....

such a shame we have to paint all these pretty welds....

-
dtbback
- Posts: 1677
- Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:45 am
- Bronco Info: 1996 EB 351W!! First Bronco!! Plan: Prerunner/ Trail Rig/ SHTF All around Rig
Re: Bray's 96 Sleeper
Damn Bray! When I think it can't get more awesome, your build has me saying "wwwhhhhooooaaaaaa" just like a little kid.
- RyanDS650X
- Posts: 1868
- Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:13 am
- Bronco Info: Autofab '96 XLT 5.8
- Location: Mesa, AZ
- Contact:
Re: Bray's 96 Sleeper
Im patiently waiting for the short course links to show up in the pics... Whats happening to the rear??
'96 XLT 5.8l lil edelbrock, lil Autofab, LOTTA fun.
"I wouldnt even call adding beer as part of a prep...its like putting tires on the vehicle, you just do it."
-shockseals.com
"I wouldnt even call adding beer as part of a prep...its like putting tires on the vehicle, you just do it."
-shockseals.com
-
cs_drums
- Posts: 2912
- Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:39 am
- Bronco Info: 94 5.8 Bronco w/dreams of being finished
Bray's 96 Sleeper
Daaaaaaammmmnnnnn! Looking good!
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bray's 96 Sleeper
Great write up and plenty of details, digging the upgrades and your Bronco is in good hands.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Re: Bray's 96 Sleeper
Thanks Will- it makes me feel like a little kid on Christmas every time CHO texts me an update!dtbback wrote:Damn Bray! When I think it can't get more awesome, your build has me saying "wwwhhhhooooaaaaaa" just like a little kid.
I'll be checking it out in person Friday and will remember to snap a shot of the belly skid for you
Re: Bray's 96 Sleeper
Hahaha, you are the devill dude!RyanDS650X wrote:Im patiently waiting for the short course links to show up in the pics... Whats happening to the rear??
Gonna keep the rear as is- I really dig the on road manners and she gives me everything I need offroad.
Thought a lot about it- because if I thought I'd ever link it, then I'd go wider up front at this point of the game.
*Disclaimer, I once swore up and down I'd "never go coilovers up front" lmao*
Re: Bray's 96 Sleeper
You know B, I saw this one guy from Vista in a badass black bronco at Tuff Trucks in Del Mar years backcs_drums wrote:Daaaaaaammmmnnnnn! Looking good!
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This may be partially his fault.
think I had bilstein5100s and coils at that time- thanks for showing me the darkside haha
Re: Bray's 96 Sleeper
Bajaluv wrote:Great write up and plenty of details, digging the upgrades and your Bronco is in good hands.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
thanks Aaron,
I just checked out your thread and your truck is awesome.
I was over at RPM the day they were doing your exhaust and got to check it out.
Very nice rig- hope you keep the stock front clip- looks great
-
dtbback
- Posts: 1677
- Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:45 am
- Bronco Info: 1996 EB 351W!! First Bronco!! Plan: Prerunner/ Trail Rig/ SHTF All around Rig
Re: Bray's 96 Sleeper
You're welcome bud. I'll be waiting for the pics of the belly skid. And, for the stance pics of the +2 beams with Autofab glass. I just wish my evolutions would happen as fast as yours do. She'll get there though!DMbronco wrote:Thanks Will- it makes me feel like a little kid on Christmas every time CHO texts me an update!dtbback wrote:Damn Bray! When I think it can't get more awesome, your build has me saying "wwwhhhhooooaaaaaa" just like a little kid.
I'll be checking it out in person Friday and will remember to snap a shot of the belly skid for you
-
cs_drums
- Posts: 2912
- Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:39 am
- Bronco Info: 94 5.8 Bronco w/dreams of being finished
Bray's 96 Sleeper
Is that what caused it. Sorry, not sorryDMbronco wrote:You know B, I saw this one guy from Vista in a badass black bronco at Tuff Trucks in Del Mar years backcs_drums wrote:Daaaaaaammmmnnnnn! Looking good!
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This may be partially his fault.
think I had bilstein5100s and coils at that time- thanks for showing me the darkside haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
