Philo's 93 Bronco aka "Lucky Bronco #3"

User avatar
philofab
Basura Blanca
Posts: 5643
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:37 am
Bronco Info: A pile of crap.
Location: Bullhead, AZ
Contact:

Re: Philo's 93 Bronco aka "Lucky Bronco #3"

Post by philofab »

Kel Fab Creations wrote:Ya, I don't understand why some people are so against a panhard bar. Sure it's not ideal but from what I've seen it works great. Can't wait to see you blowing past the haters.
Very little in offroad cars is ideal. I beams definitely are not, neither are VW beam front ends and swing axle VW rears... yet they are all proven to work great.

Most people that are so against this setup have never even seen it in person or ridden in a vehicle with it.
User avatar
BDKW1
Posts: 1518
Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:19 pm
Bronco Info: It's the new and inproved Party Barge!
Location: Not Socal

Re: Philo's 93 Bronco aka "Lucky Bronco #3"

Post by BDKW1 »

The only thing I have agianst the kit is the pinion change, probably better than with leafs though..........

Other than that it has a lot of upsides. With the shocks on the axle it can twist a little under acceleration increasing traction. Does the panhard bar have a bushing or a hiem on the frame side?
User avatar
philofab
Basura Blanca
Posts: 5643
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:37 am
Bronco Info: A pile of crap.
Location: Bullhead, AZ
Contact:

Re: Philo's 93 Bronco aka "Lucky Bronco #3"

Post by philofab »

BDKW1 wrote:The only thing I have agianst the kit is the pinion change, probably better than with leafs though..........

Other than that it has a lot of upsides. With the shocks on the axle it can twist a little under acceleration increasing traction. Does the panhard bar have a bushing or a hiem on the frame side?
I can build the panhard either way.... Geoff's Bronco has hiem on both ends. The only benefit I could see with a rubber bushing on one end is absorbing lateral shock and reducing vibration to the frame. What are your thoughts?
User avatar
philofab
Basura Blanca
Posts: 5643
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:37 am
Bronco Info: A pile of crap.
Location: Bullhead, AZ
Contact:

Re: Philo's 93 Bronco aka "Lucky Bronco #3"

Post by philofab »

Image

Seat adjuster is here!
User avatar
BDKW1
Posts: 1518
Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:19 pm
Bronco Info: It's the new and inproved Party Barge!
Location: Not Socal

Re: Philo's 93 Bronco aka "Lucky Bronco #3"

Post by BDKW1 »

I would prefer a bushing Myself. Those Metal cloak rubber bush uniball deals look interesting, be interesting to see how they hold up. Same with the front pivot on the trailing arms.........
Rmc
El Jefe
Posts: 6028
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:22 pm
Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner
Location: IE SoCal
Contact:

Re: Philo's 93 Bronco aka "Lucky Bronco #3"

Post by Rmc »

Like a jonny joint? I used them on my Cherokee, they lasted longer than the jeep lol
User avatar
BDKW1
Posts: 1518
Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:19 pm
Bronco Info: It's the new and inproved Party Barge!
Location: Not Socal

Re: Philo's 93 Bronco aka "Lucky Bronco #3"

Post by BDKW1 »

User avatar
philofab
Basura Blanca
Posts: 5643
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:37 am
Bronco Info: A pile of crap.
Location: Bullhead, AZ
Contact:

Re: Philo's 93 Bronco aka "Lucky Bronco #3"

Post by philofab »

Those are interesting, I called them and they said it was a bad idea to use them for the front of a trailing arm or of track bars...
Rmc
El Jefe
Posts: 6028
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:22 pm
Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner
Location: IE SoCal
Contact:

Re: Philo's 93 Bronco aka "Lucky Bronco #3"

Post by Rmc »

These are what i used on my last 4 link. You have to orient the guide plates for the desired choice of direction. There pretty solid.
Rmc
El Jefe
Posts: 6028
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:22 pm
Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner
Location: IE SoCal
Contact:

Re: Philo's 93 Bronco aka "Lucky Bronco #3"

Post by Rmc »

User avatar
philofab
Basura Blanca
Posts: 5643
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:37 am
Bronco Info: A pile of crap.
Location: Bullhead, AZ
Contact:

Re: Philo's 93 Bronco aka "Lucky Bronco #3"

Post by philofab »

Rmc wrote:Shoot sry here's the link

http://www.kartek.com/Product/1166/Wobb ... r-Kit.aspx
I had those on my Toyota years ago. At this point I'd be more inclined to a Uniball with Delrin inserts.
User avatar
BDKW1
Posts: 1518
Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:19 pm
Bronco Info: It's the new and inproved Party Barge!
Location: Not Socal

Re: Philo's 93 Bronco aka "Lucky Bronco #3"

Post by BDKW1 »

philofab wrote:Those are interesting, I called them and they said it was a bad idea to use them for the front of a trailing arm or of track bars...

Then what good are they?

The torque bars on My Manx's no hop kit have Johnny joints on them. They still transmit a lot of noise. Wishing they were bushings but to lazy to change them out...........
User avatar
philofab
Basura Blanca
Posts: 5643
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:37 am
Bronco Info: A pile of crap.
Location: Bullhead, AZ
Contact:

Re: Philo's 93 Bronco aka "Lucky Bronco #3"

Post by philofab »

BDKW1 wrote:
philofab wrote:Those are interesting, I called them and they said it was a bad idea to use them for the front of a trailing arm or of track bars...

Then what good are they?

The torque bars on My Manx's no hop kit have Johnny joints on them. They still transmit a lot of noise. Wishing they were bushings but to lazy to change them out...........
Not sure. I was thinking about machining misalignments for my uniballs out of Delrin. Might be enough to get rid of the high frequency and noise. Probably need a steel sleeve inside of it to keep tension on the bolt.
User avatar
BDKW1
Posts: 1518
Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:19 pm
Bronco Info: It's the new and inproved Party Barge!
Location: Not Socal

Re: Philo's 93 Bronco aka "Lucky Bronco #3"

Post by BDKW1 »

Run normal misalignments and put urethane bushings in the mounts, run the bolt through all with large washers on either side............

An idea I've had kicking around for a while..........
toddz69
Posts: 551
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:52 am

Re: Philo's 93 Bronco aka "Lucky Bronco #3"

Post by toddz69 »

BDKW1 wrote:
philofab wrote:Those are interesting, I called them and they said it was a bad idea to use them for the front of a trailing arm or of track bars...

Then what good are they?

The torque bars on My Manx's no hop kit have Johnny joints on them. They still transmit a lot of noise. Wishing they were bushings but to lazy to change them out...........
I'm going to try those things on the rear of my radius arms on my Bronco (EB) for a little less NVH. I'm running Johnny Joints now which have been fine but I'd still like to compare them.

Todd Z.
User avatar
philofab
Basura Blanca
Posts: 5643
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:37 am
Bronco Info: A pile of crap.
Location: Bullhead, AZ
Contact:

Re: Philo's 93 Bronco aka "Lucky Bronco #3"

Post by philofab »

Image

New GPS from PCI!
User avatar
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Posts: 9194
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:46 am
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks
Location: Huntington Beach, CA

Re: Philo's 93 Bronco aka "Lucky Bronco #3"

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

I thought PCI wasn't too happy with the elite's. Did something change or did I hear wrong?
User avatar
philofab
Basura Blanca
Posts: 5643
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:37 am
Bronco Info: A pile of crap.
Location: Bullhead, AZ
Contact:

Re: Philo's 93 Bronco aka "Lucky Bronco #3"

Post by philofab »

I have no idea. I don't think they would sell it to me if there are problems with them.

I see PCI at almost every event so it wouldn't be worth $500 to deal with my asshole side.
User avatar
philofab
Basura Blanca
Posts: 5643
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:37 am
Bronco Info: A pile of crap.
Location: Bullhead, AZ
Contact:

Re: Philo's 93 Bronco aka "Lucky Bronco #3"

Post by philofab »

What is a better name for this thing than #3?

El diablo borracho?

or

El borracho diablo?


Seems fitting to me....
User avatar
yikes
Founder
Posts: 4138
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:51 am
Bronco Info: 1996 with tires and stuff
Location: Yucaipa, CA

Re: Philo's 93 Bronco aka "Lucky Bronco #3"

Post by yikes »

El Diablo Oscuro
Post Reply