The Polarcub

User avatar
philofab
Basura Blanca
Posts: 5643
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:37 am
Bronco Info: A pile of crap.
Location: Bullhead, AZ
Contact:

Re: The Polarcub

Post by philofab »

Silverslk wrote:Anyone know what needs beefed to safely run 37's on a 44 TTB??
Driver skill.
Follow me on Instagram. @philofab1 or Youtube https://www.youtube.com/philofab/
User avatar
bajascott
My belly is my best friend
Posts: 2006
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:29 pm
Bronco Info: its black, its fun to drive,and i dont have enough money to build it the way i want to!:)
Location: southern oregon
Contact:

Re: The Polarcub

Post by bajascott »

it just so happens that i am getting some these rings cut for the back of the 6 bold knuckles....
was planning on adding them to my website in the next couple weeks.....
end plug.
FRONT YARD FABRICATION
http://ssfab-n-offroad.com/
User avatar
Polarcub
Posts: 1949
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:53 pm
Bronco Info: 95 Eddie Bauer and 95 XLT still in the shop........
Location: Brighton, TN

Re: The Polarcub

Post by Polarcub »

Silverslk wrote:
Andy Jones wrote:Blitzkrieg

Thanks!! I found it with some searching after I posted. Then I found a thread where someone said all you need to do is plate the back of the spindle to strengthen it.

Anyone know what needs beefed to safely run 37's on a 44 TTB??
Those spindles are very nice but way out of my budget...lol
Jeremy
User avatar
philofab
Basura Blanca
Posts: 5643
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:37 am
Bronco Info: A pile of crap.
Location: Bullhead, AZ
Contact:

Re: The Polarcub

Post by philofab »

The stock knuckle is fine unless you run into boulders.
Follow me on Instagram. @philofab1 or Youtube https://www.youtube.com/philofab/
User avatar
Silverslk
Posts: 1932
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:13 pm
Bronco Info: 1995 Eddie Baur Bronco......GONE to a better home
Location: Garden Grove, CA
Contact:

Re: The Polarcub

Post by Silverslk »

philofab wrote:The stock knuckle is fine unless you run into boulders.
So, why does everyone say the limit for D44 TTB is 35's? You run 37's right Philo? Were you on 37's for that jump in your avatar?
SteveG wrote:The point? It's amazing these front ends go down the road straight in any form! The TTB is brute. A broad sword and not a scalpel. That's why I love it!
User avatar
Polarcub
Posts: 1949
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:53 pm
Bronco Info: 95 Eddie Bauer and 95 XLT still in the shop........
Location: Brighton, TN

Re: The Polarcub

Post by Polarcub »

Andy...I dont believe that photo of Philo is on 37's.....The general consensus I have gotten over the years regarding the TTB and 37's is that if your running desert driving smart and keeping the tread and tire weight reasonable you will be fine. If you want to crawl rocks with crazy gears and fully locked front with the gnawrly tread patterns and such then it is not a great idea......From what I have seen and the current opinion I have is that the TTB can run 37's reliably. I do believe that that the increase in size will require more attention while driving. With that said I think that the average TTB owner gets a bit intimidated and finds that for 98% of their needs that the 35 is plenty of tire. I think that if the TTB truly was incapable of runnig the 37" in the desert you would see a bigger market for the super duper spindles...just my two cents though
Jeremy
User avatar
philofab
Basura Blanca
Posts: 5643
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:37 am
Bronco Info: A pile of crap.
Location: Bullhead, AZ
Contact:

Re: The Polarcub

Post by philofab »

Silverslk wrote:So, why does everyone say the limit for D44 TTB is 35's? You run 37's right Philo? Were you on 37's for that jump in your avatar?

That jump was on Toyo 35x13.50x15 tires. It has true OD of 34.8. BFG 37" tires are 36.7 OD.

I had 37"x13.50x17 Toyos on it, but I will have 325-85-15 tires on it this weekend for the Mint and probably Plaster City. I'm waiting on the new Method 17" Beadlocks for the Bronco so I can run Toyos again.

*** EDIT *** The practical limit for Broncos is 35", when you go larger you spend a lot more money on broken parts and upgrades. Things like wheel bearings, brakes, balljoints, and other stuff needs replacing a lot more often.
Last edited by philofab on Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Follow me on Instagram. @philofab1 or Youtube https://www.youtube.com/philofab/
User avatar
bajascott
My belly is my best friend
Posts: 2006
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:29 pm
Bronco Info: its black, its fun to drive,and i dont have enough money to build it the way i want to!:)
Location: southern oregon
Contact:

Re: The Polarcub

Post by bajascott »

the stock spindle are strong enough, but when you start adding width,more travel and the wieght of the 37" tires,they will fatigue.its all in what you really do with it.the added security of a gusset here and a gusset there is worth it in my book to help out 20 plus year old spindles....
FRONT YARD FABRICATION
http://ssfab-n-offroad.com/
User avatar
Polarcub
Posts: 1949
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:53 pm
Bronco Info: 95 Eddie Bauer and 95 XLT still in the shop........
Location: Brighton, TN

Re: The Polarcub

Post by Polarcub »

Just a quick update...My coilovers are in hand and another piece of the puzzle is added. I cant wait to get this together.....
Image
Jeremy
User avatar
hobbyturnedobsession
Posts: 4673
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:34 am
Bronco Info: 96 c/o w/ 5.0
Location: High Desert CA

Re: The Polarcub

Post by hobbyturnedobsession »

Alright Jeremy!
I'm just here for the views. It helps me feel wanted.
greaslife
Posts: 1128
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:24 pm
Bronco Info: Home built is the way too go even if they don't like it.
Location: inland impire

Re: The Polarcub

Post by greaslife »

second htos reply
I have been me for 32 years and know i cant spell for Sh!$ so get over it . Thanks Josh
User avatar
mrmatt
Posts: 161
Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:49 am
Bronco Info: I don't have a bronco but all of my chase crew does
Location: garden grove,ca

Re: The Polarcub

Post by mrmatt »

Awesome
User avatar
tcm glx
Peanut Butter
Posts: 7309
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:19 am
Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8
Location: Riverside Ca
Contact:

Re: The Polarcub

Post by tcm glx »

Polarcub wrote:Just a quick update...My coilovers are in hand and another piece of the puzzle is added. I cant wait to get this together.....
Image

Those will never work......... ;)
User avatar
Polarcub
Posts: 1949
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:53 pm
Bronco Info: 95 Eddie Bauer and 95 XLT still in the shop........
Location: Brighton, TN

Re: The Polarcub

Post by Polarcub »

Lol I think your right...maybe I should cut my losses and put them up on RDC...hahaha....On a side note the time line has been delayed a bit more Bryan got a severe concussion in the Big Ugly rollover so assuming he is back in action next week the bronco will head up for its makeover...
Jeremy
User avatar
Andy Jones
Posts: 2209
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:47 pm
Bronco Info: In the Works!
Location: Canyon Lake,ca
Contact:

Re: The Polarcub

Post by Andy Jones »

Oh snap!! Coilovers!!.. ha ha! Pumped for you and the build Jeremy! Sorry to hear about Brian. The speeds on the lake bed were gnarly at the mint. The racer 1 car hit 145!!. Anyways, this is my last weekend out of town till the end of April.. camping in SD with fam! I'll give ya a call and maybe cruz over next weekend with some man soda's, if you're around.

Sent from my T-Mobile G1 using Tapatalk
dont PM me.. I don't get them on Taptalk
greaslife
Posts: 1128
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:24 pm
Bronco Info: Home built is the way too go even if they don't like it.
Location: inland impire

Re: The Polarcub

Post by greaslife »

Polarcub wrote:Lol I think your right...maybe I should cut my losses and put them up on RDC...hahaha....On a side note the time line has been delayed a bit more Bryan got a severe concussion in the Big Ugly rollover so assuming he is back in action next week the bronco will head up for its makeover...
can i get picks and what are they valved for. do you think they will work on my stock ranger beams
I have been me for 32 years and know i cant spell for Sh!$ so get over it . Thanks Josh
User avatar
Polarcub
Posts: 1949
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:53 pm
Bronco Info: 95 Eddie Bauer and 95 XLT still in the shop........
Location: Brighton, TN

Re: The Polarcub

Post by Polarcub »

greaslife wrote:
Polarcub wrote:Lol I think your right...maybe I should cut my losses and put them up on RDC...hahaha....On a side note the time line has been delayed a bit more Bryan got a severe concussion in the Big Ugly rollover so assuming he is back in action next week the bronco will head up for its makeover...
can i get picks and what are they valved for. do you think they will work on my stock ranger beams
Lol on a stock ranger they would be Sik! LOL
Jeremy
greaslife
Posts: 1128
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:24 pm
Bronco Info: Home built is the way too go even if they don't like it.
Location: inland impire

Re: The Polarcub

Post by greaslife »

brooow sock nagar
I have been me for 32 years and know i cant spell for Sh!$ so get over it . Thanks Josh
User avatar
philofab
Basura Blanca
Posts: 5643
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:37 am
Bronco Info: A pile of crap.
Location: Bullhead, AZ
Contact:

Re: The Polarcub

Post by philofab »

Are those 14" or 17" travel?
Follow me on Instagram. @philofab1 or Youtube https://www.youtube.com/philofab/
User avatar
Polarcub
Posts: 1949
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:53 pm
Bronco Info: 95 Eddie Bauer and 95 XLT still in the shop........
Location: Brighton, TN

Re: The Polarcub

Post by Polarcub »

14" I decided on the short bodies 14 to give us some options on mounting
Jeremy
Post Reply