Brian's '96
-
Dezertbronco
- Posts: 652
- Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:29 am
- Bronco Info: 1990 Bronco EB
- Location: Highland, CA.
Re: Brian's '96
Theres a couple on craigslist. BTW you have a PM.
There is no substititute for Horsepower.
- yikes
- Founder
- Posts: 4138
- Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:51 am
- Bronco Info: 1996 with tires and stuff
- Location: Yucaipa, CA
Re: Brian's '96
It turns out the reason the pump was shot in the manual case is because the channel that the anti rotation arm is contained in had worn through, allowing the pump to spin. See the first picture below.

This is the case out of my '96. Halway worn through after 160k.


This is the case out of my '96. Halway worn through after 160k.

- philofab
- Basura Blanca
- Posts: 5643
- Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:37 am
- Bronco Info: A pile of crap.
- Location: Bullhead, AZ
- Contact:
Re: Brian's '96
Hmmm. I might have to open mine up and do a little bit of welding.
Follow me on Instagram. @philofab1 or Youtube https://www.youtube.com/philofab/
- yikes
- Founder
- Posts: 4138
- Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:51 am
- Bronco Info: 1996 with tires and stuff
- Location: Yucaipa, CA
Re: Brian's '96
Turns out I would have had to tear both cases apart anyway. The rear output shaft in the manual case would not have accepted the flange from my electric. Went ahead and installed the updated planet. Hope it works!
Here's my po-dunk fix for the anti-rotation woes. Should hold up ok.

It doesn't appear square because the shaft is leaning without the rear bearing to support it.

Here's my po-dunk fix for the anti-rotation woes. Should hold up ok.

It doesn't appear square because the shaft is leaning without the rear bearing to support it.

- philofab
- Basura Blanca
- Posts: 5643
- Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:37 am
- Bronco Info: A pile of crap.
- Location: Bullhead, AZ
- Contact:
Re: Brian's '96
Had Ford done that you probably wouldn't have had to fix it.
Follow me on Instagram. @philofab1 or Youtube https://www.youtube.com/philofab/
- yikes
- Founder
- Posts: 4138
- Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:51 am
- Bronco Info: 1996 with tires and stuff
- Location: Yucaipa, CA
Re: Brian's '96
She ugly, but she ready!


- philofab
- Basura Blanca
- Posts: 5643
- Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:37 am
- Bronco Info: A pile of crap.
- Location: Bullhead, AZ
- Contact:
Re: Brian's '96
How is the shifter already on it?
Follow me on Instagram. @philofab1 or Youtube https://www.youtube.com/philofab/
- bajascott
- My belly is my best friend
- Posts: 2006
- Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:29 pm
- Bronco Info: its black, its fun to drive,and i dont have enough money to build it the way i want to!:)
- Location: southern oregon
- Contact:
Re: Brian's '96
its missing the 8 ball for a handle Brian....
- yikes
- Founder
- Posts: 4138
- Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:51 am
- Bronco Info: 1996 with tires and stuff
- Location: Yucaipa, CA
Re: Brian's '96
Well, screwed.philofab wrote:How is the shifter already on it?
- yikes
- Founder
- Posts: 4138
- Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:51 am
- Bronco Info: 1996 with tires and stuff
- Location: Yucaipa, CA
Re: Brian's '96
Alright fellas. I need a different control rod for the shifter. The one I have is for a C6/T18 and obviously I need it for an E4OD. Ford shows them as obsolete. Nobody has them. I also need the shifter detent plate. Or is that really necessary? Help!
- philofab
- Basura Blanca
- Posts: 5643
- Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:37 am
- Bronco Info: A pile of crap.
- Location: Bullhead, AZ
- Contact:
Re: Brian's '96
I'll see what I can come up with.
Follow me on Instagram. @philofab1 or Youtube https://www.youtube.com/philofab/
- yikes
- Founder
- Posts: 4138
- Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:51 am
- Bronco Info: 1996 with tires and stuff
- Location: Yucaipa, CA
Re: Brian's '96
My future co-driver. I'm getting all teared up again.


- BDKW1
- Posts: 1518
- Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:19 pm
- Bronco Info: It's the new and inproved Party Barge!
- Location: Not Socal
Re: Brian's '96
Whats a control rod? I have the complete E4OD set-up here if you need any parts.
- yikes
- Founder
- Posts: 4138
- Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:51 am
- Bronco Info: 1996 with tires and stuff
- Location: Yucaipa, CA
Re: Brian's '96
BDKW1 wrote:Whats a control rod? I have the complete E4OD set-up here if you need any parts.
Thanks Brian. C6 version in the picture below. Scott has one that he's sending my way. Have you got a shifter boot in good condition by any chance?

- BajaF250
- Posts: 2430
- Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:47 pm
- Bronco Info: 1982 Ford F250
- Location: San Diego, CA
- Contact:
Re: Brian's '96
Hey Brian,
When I converted mine, I just fab'd one up... I thought I'd spend more time looking around than than it took to make one. The other beauty of it is, you can custom position the shift lever if you so choose. Just a thought.
When I converted mine, I just fab'd one up... I thought I'd spend more time looking around than than it took to make one. The other beauty of it is, you can custom position the shift lever if you so choose. Just a thought.
- BDKW1
- Posts: 1518
- Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:19 pm
- Bronco Info: It's the new and inproved Party Barge!
- Location: Not Socal
Re: Brian's '96
Boot is in perfect shape. The plastic base is cracked in half....... If you want it PM Me your address.
- yikes
- Founder
- Posts: 4138
- Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:51 am
- Bronco Info: 1996 with tires and stuff
- Location: Yucaipa, CA
Re: Brian's '96
Knocked out most of the body mounts this morning...


- tcm glx
- Peanut Butter
- Posts: 7309
- Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:19 am
- Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8
- Location: Riverside Ca
- Contact:
Re: Brian's '96
Chiney!!!! I like.
- yikes
- Founder
- Posts: 4138
- Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:51 am
- Bronco Info: 1996 with tires and stuff
- Location: Yucaipa, CA
Re: Brian's '96
Picked up some goodies on the road trip with Nick today. Got meet John and Darren at Autofab and stopped by Kartek on the way back. Woohooo! What a great day.


- bajascott
- My belly is my best friend
- Posts: 2006
- Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:29 pm
- Bronco Info: its black, its fun to drive,and i dont have enough money to build it the way i want to!:)
- Location: southern oregon
- Contact:
Re: Brian's '96
cool! i need to pick some thems up for me.
