BAJANCO

User avatar
Bajaluv
Posts: 489
Joined: Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:38 am
Bronco Info: Bone stock, ready to build

BAJANCO

Post by Bajaluv »

I’ve been doing some reading about fuel pressure, injectors and speed density motors. So I will reach out tomorrow and might go back to 19lb four hole just to be safe.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
cs_drums
Posts: 2912
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:39 am
Bronco Info: 94 5.8 Bronco w/dreams of being finished

BAJANCO

Post by cs_drums »

So are you OBD1 MAF or SD? If your MAF obd1 you can just get a MAF that's calibrated to the 26# injector.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
User avatar
Bajaluv
Posts: 489
Joined: Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:38 am
Bronco Info: Bone stock, ready to build

BAJANCO

Post by Bajaluv »

cs_drums wrote:So are you OBD1 MAF or SD? If your MAF obd1 you can just get a MAF that's calibrated to the 26# injector.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

That’s interesting ! Learning something new everyday. I’m currently OBD1 / SD basically this motor is running off my 91 system. The plan for now is to drive it SD and wait till I can go true OBD2 and use this motor to it’s full potential. After talking to a few bronco aficionados I’m being told to go back to my 4 hole 19lb injectors until I switch over. Imagerunning rich


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
cs_drums
Posts: 2912
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:39 am
Bronco Info: 94 5.8 Bronco w/dreams of being finished

BAJANCO

Post by cs_drums »

I would look into the Stinger performance PIMP ECU. It is a mega squirt ECU built into a factory ECU. Plug and play with self learning as well as fully tunable. I just bought a older used one so I'm switching to C6, but I talked to the guys at Stinger and they are releasing an E4OD version any day now.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
User avatar
Bajaluv
Posts: 489
Joined: Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:38 am
Bronco Info: Bone stock, ready to build

BAJANCO

Post by Bajaluv »

cs_drums wrote:I would look into the Stinger performance PIMP ECU. It is a mega squirt ECU built into a factory ECU. Plug and play with self learning as well as fully tunable. I just bought a older used one so I'm switching to C6, but I talked to the guys at Stinger and they are releasing an E4OD version any day now.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

Good information I will look into it, I’m currently running the motor OBD one until I come up with the right plan. So currently I have a 96 engine, 91 ECM, 95 E40d. She runs great but I’m not at full potential until I switch over. My biggest issue now is the motor stalls when I put in gear so I’m replacing my idle air control and MLPS sensor on the tranny tonight.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
User avatar
Bajaluv
Posts: 489
Joined: Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:38 am
Bronco Info: Bone stock, ready to build

BAJANCO

Post by Bajaluv »

She’s alive and running strong !! Image the last items to be replaced MLPS and fried ECm Image I have learned so much about capability over the different years. Currently running the 96 motor OBD1, with a 95 E4od in my 91 bronco. After the 1000 she will get the upgrade to the 96 ecm and MAF. From there I will enjoy this season the best I can.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
User avatar
Bajaluv
Posts: 489
Joined: Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:38 am
Bronco Info: Bone stock, ready to build

BAJANCO

Post by Bajaluv »

Picked up 2 more ecm’s at the junk yard just for back ups. Finally got around to squaring up the rear from last jump champs. ImageImage
103” on the passenger and 103 1/2” on the driver side.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
User avatar
Bajaluv
Posts: 489
Joined: Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:38 am
Bronco Info: Bone stock, ready to build

BAJANCO

Post by Bajaluv »

So now I have another interesting issue. When I put my bronco in reverse it wants to kill the motor so I have to feather the gas while I’m backing up, and only occasionally does it stall when I’m coming to a stop at a light or stop sign. So I put the rear up on jackstands and start my motor when I put it in reverse and apply the brake it slowly kills the motor. When I apply pressure on the brake pedal? It’s almost like the ECM is not telling the transmission that I’m coming to a stop, it stalls out the motor ? Other than that my Frankenstein of Bronco is running pretty well. If anybody has any input on the motor stalling with putting it in reverse or drive feedback is always appreciated.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
User avatar
AussieRod
Posts: 2818
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:43 am
Bronco Info: 81 Bronco XLT, 250 alloy head crossflow 6, NP435/NP208, 4:10 gears, 31-10.5R15 M/Ts.
Location: Downunder

Re: BAJANCO

Post by AussieRod »

Speed sensor not talking to the ECU?
User avatar
Bajaluv
Posts: 489
Joined: Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:38 am
Bronco Info: Bone stock, ready to build

BAJANCO

Post by Bajaluv »

AussieRod wrote:Speed sensor not talking to the ECU?
Interesting ? I’m currently running my 91 transfer case, so my Speedo and speed sensor or VSS are one connection at the case.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
User avatar
AussieRod
Posts: 2818
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:43 am
Bronco Info: 81 Bronco XLT, 250 alloy head crossflow 6, NP435/NP208, 4:10 gears, 31-10.5R15 M/Ts.
Location: Downunder

Re: BAJANCO

Post by AussieRod »

The signal might not be compatible with the ECM you are using. Check the pulse ratio and see if they differ, that might solve the issue.
User avatar
Bajaluv
Posts: 489
Joined: Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:38 am
Bronco Info: Bone stock, ready to build

BAJANCO

Post by Bajaluv »

Image

Those are some of my symptoms, shift points, fuel consumption


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
User avatar
Bajaluv
Posts: 489
Joined: Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:38 am
Bronco Info: Bone stock, ready to build

BAJANCO

Post by Bajaluv »

AussieRod wrote:The signal might not be compatible with the ECM you are using. Check the pulse ratio and see if they differ, that might solve the issue.

I just installed a different ECM, it’s out of a 1990 bronco. The only difference was that Bronco had a electric transfer case. But this is good information thank you. I will have to do a little research, I am not familiar with checking the pulse ratio ?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
biggiek
Posts: 550
Joined: Sun Aug 24, 2014 12:27 pm
Bronco Info: 92 Ford Bronco

Re: BAJANCO

Post by biggiek »

Interesting mine has been having a similar issue. Does your voltage swing when it is put into reverse before dying?
User avatar
AussieRod
Posts: 2818
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:43 am
Bronco Info: 81 Bronco XLT, 250 alloy head crossflow 6, NP435/NP208, 4:10 gears, 31-10.5R15 M/Ts.
Location: Downunder

Re: BAJANCO

Post by AussieRod »

Bajaluv wrote:
AussieRod wrote:The signal might not be compatible with the ECM you are using. Check the pulse ratio and see if they differ, that might solve the issue.

I just installed a different ECM, it’s out of a 1990 bronco. The only difference was that Bronco had a electric transfer case. But this is good information thank you. I will have to do a little research, I am not familiar with checking the pulse ratio ?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
My understanding is that the t/case mounted sensor might not have the same number of pulses per wheel revolution that the crownwheel sensor. The t/case sesor will get more confused by both gear ratio changes AND tyre diameter changes than the crownwheel sensor, as the rear axle sensor only needs to deal with tyre dia. changes. Does that make sense? If the pulse count is off, the ECM will think you are still moving or stationary and not bump the idle up to compensate.
User avatar
Bajaluv
Posts: 489
Joined: Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:38 am
Bronco Info: Bone stock, ready to build

BAJANCO

Post by Bajaluv »

biggiek wrote:Interesting mine has been having a similar issue. Does your voltage swing when it is put into reverse before dying?

Yes it does, voltage jumps !! I’m having all the symptoms and doing research on pulse right now. She runs so good at the right speed but I can feel the confusion in my foot.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
User avatar
Bajaluv
Posts: 489
Joined: Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:38 am
Bronco Info: Bone stock, ready to build

BAJANCO

Post by Bajaluv »

AussieRod wrote:
Bajaluv wrote:
AussieRod wrote:The signal might not be compatible with the ECM you are using. Check the pulse ratio and see if they differ, that might solve the issue.

I just installed a different ECM, it’s out of a 1990 bronco. The only difference was that Bronco had a electric transfer case. But this is good information thank you. I will have to do a little research, I am not familiar with checking the pulse ratio ?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
My understanding is that the t/case mounted sensor might not have the same number of pulses per wheel revolution that the crownwheel sensor. The t/case sesor will get more confused by both gear ratio changes AND tyre diameter changes than the crownwheel sensor, as the rear axle sensor only needs to deal with tyre dia. changes. Does that make sense? If the pulse count is off, the ECM will think you are still moving or stationary and not bump the idle up to compensate.

Yes that does, kind of lol. Crown wheel sensor ?

My Speedo is accurate, changed the yellow gear to a red one. This matches new gears 4.88 and tire size 37”. I do not have VSS in me rearend. That is my RABS sensor only in a 91, if that matters. I learned that back when I installed the VSS kit from Hollander


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
User avatar
AussieRod
Posts: 2818
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:43 am
Bronco Info: 81 Bronco XLT, 250 alloy head crossflow 6, NP435/NP208, 4:10 gears, 31-10.5R15 M/Ts.
Location: Downunder

Re: BAJANCO

Post by AussieRod »

Ok, you're on to it, then ;) MLPS is ok, maybe that is going out? Otherwise, I'm out of ideas, as I haven't had a lot to do with the E4OD.
biggiek
Posts: 550
Joined: Sun Aug 24, 2014 12:27 pm
Bronco Info: 92 Ford Bronco

Re: BAJANCO

Post by biggiek »

Bajaluv wrote:
biggiek wrote:Interesting mine has been having a similar issue. Does your voltage swing when it is put into reverse before dying?

Yes it does, voltage jumps !! I’m having all the symptoms and doing research on pulse right now. She runs so good at the right speed but I can feel the confusion in my foot.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Hmmmm I thought mine could be battery or alternator related but I replaced the alternator recently and am still having trouble. Fluid level ok in the trans? Read it could be locking up the convertor for too long in reverse if fluid is off or having convertor issues as a whole.
User avatar
Tchajagos
Posts: 2124
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:07 am
Bronco Info: 1993 xlt stock on 33' BFGs
Location: Murrieta

BAJANCO

Post by Tchajagos »

Taken from fsb

When the solenoids turn off the collapsing magnetic field can send a spike back to the ecc. To protect the ecc they put diodes in the solenoid pack to block the spikes. In 95 they moved the diodes to the ecc, so if you have a pre-95 ecc and a 95-96 solenoid pack there are no diodes and you can blow out your ecc. I believe that was also when they changed the wiring to the weather plug, so you need to be sure that you have the right year solenoid pack and that the wire harness is wired for the 92. If either is incorrect you may have blown out your ecc
Post Reply