95 Bronco Build!

User avatar
SteveG
Admin
Posts: 6177
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:25 am
Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)
Location: Arroyo Grande, CA

Re: 95 Bronco Build!

Post by SteveG »

philofab wrote:Travis! Make me some bedsides that move the rear axle 5" back and can handle a 86" outside to outside measurement, probably a 5" flare.

I want more wheelbase and rear driveline!
How about using an F150 bedside? Hang the extra length of the back of the truck and use that extra space for storage (spares, gas cans and such). Not my idea... Mark Newhan came up with that one but I always thought it was a good one.
User avatar
SteveG
Admin
Posts: 6177
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:25 am
Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)
Location: Arroyo Grande, CA

Re: 95 Bronco Build!

Post by SteveG »

ESHALLBETTER wrote:Image
I don't understand why the action packers aren't made so they stack better. I like the idea of them but the fact that you can't stack them and cinch them down real tight sucks.
Rmc
El Jefe
Posts: 6028
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:22 pm
Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner
Location: IE SoCal
Contact:

Re: 95 Bronco Build!

Post by Rmc »

I agree. Action packers not action stackers I guess. I've looked at them quite a few times already but still haven't pulled the trigger.
drewbee88
Posts: 502
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:18 pm
Bronco Info: Rhonda the Bronco is her name, shredding dirt is her game.
Location: Modesto, CA

Re: 95 Bronco Build!

Post by drewbee88 »

philofab wrote:Travis! Make me some bedsides that move the rear axle 5" back and can handle a 86" outside to outside measurement, probably a 5" flare.

I want more wheelbase and rear driveline!
Ditto. I was looking at my bronco last night and I'm looking to move my wheelbase back as well.
User avatar
Travisfab
Posts: 1274
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:09 pm
Bronco Info: 95 XLT 5.8 C6 Prerunner

Re: 95 Bronco Build!

Post by Travisfab »

We have the retro Bronco bedsides that move your wheel back 12" or the Raptor conversion bedsides that move it back up to about 3 inches. As soon as I get this housing under my truck, I am going to do a larger set of 5" or so bedsides that have a nice flat top. When those are done we will be able to lengthen them for people to any wheel base.
cs_drums
Posts: 2912
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:39 am
Bronco Info: 94 5.8 Bronco w/dreams of being finished

Re: 95 Bronco Build!

Post by cs_drums »

I moved mine back about 2" and the rear end is barely clearing the x member I think 5 would be the max with the stock tank and building a slimmer x member.
User avatar
philofab
Basura Blanca
Posts: 5643
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:37 am
Bronco Info: A pile of crap.
Location: Bullhead, AZ
Contact:

Re: 95 Bronco Build!

Post by philofab »

I don't want to lengthen the Bronco... just move the rear wheels back...

A truck bedside might work if I shorten the back half...
cs_drums wrote:I moved mine back about 2" and the rear end is barely clearing the x member I think 5 would be the max with the stock tank and building a slimmer x member.
Planning on getting rid of the stock tank and x-member if I lengthen wheelbase... My panhard requires more room anyway.
User avatar
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Posts: 9194
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:46 am
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks
Location: Huntington Beach, CA

Re: 95 Bronco Build!

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

Panhard? Are you gonna run Geoff's DD link setup?
User avatar
philofab
Basura Blanca
Posts: 5643
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:37 am
Bronco Info: A pile of crap.
Location: Bullhead, AZ
Contact:

Re: 95 Bronco Build!

Post by philofab »

ChaseTruck754 wrote:Panhard? Are you gonna run Geoff's DD link setup?
Yes.
cs_drums
Posts: 2912
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:39 am
Bronco Info: 94 5.8 Bronco w/dreams of being finished

Re: 95 Bronco Build!

Post by cs_drums »

philofab wrote:I don't want to lengthen the Bronco... just move the rear wheels back...
JD fabrication did this on a bronco(there are pics of it floating around here somewhere) they were able to get auto fab bedside to look pretty good by sliding them back and re working the rear and wheel well. Fuel cell, rear all reworked and paneled in. Its really nice. Its on their site.

I plan to do this in the future too. Not soon but once I get over how well the it works in its current state. :D I already have the tank drawn up and will only need to rework 1-2 tubes on the cage and the x member. I am really happy with the 64 kit so I may just slide the mounts back to avoid going through the floor with upper links. Geoff's DD link set up would mitigate that but I want to see how much life I can get out of my 64s before I take the link route. They work really well.
User avatar
philofab
Basura Blanca
Posts: 5643
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:37 am
Bronco Info: A pile of crap.
Location: Bullhead, AZ
Contact:

Re: 95 Bronco Build!

Post by philofab »

cs_drums wrote:JD fabrication did this on a bronco(there are pics of it floating around here somewhere) they were able to get auto fab bedside to look pretty good by sliding them back and re working the rear and wheel well. Fuel cell, rear all reworked and paneled in. Its really nice. Its on their site.
I have never seen that Bronco with bedsides on it.... Where is Party Barge when you need him?

Travis: What did you eve figure out on wheels? I sent you a message...
User avatar
Travisfab
Posts: 1274
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:09 pm
Bronco Info: 95 XLT 5.8 C6 Prerunner

Re: 95 Bronco Build!

Post by Travisfab »

philofab wrote:
cs_drums wrote:JD fabrication did this on a bronco(there are pics of it floating around here somewhere) they were able to get auto fab bedside to look pretty good by sliding them back and re working the rear and wheel well. Fuel cell, rear all reworked and paneled in. Its really nice. Its on their site.
I have never seen that Bronco with bedsides on it.... Where is Party Barge when you need him?

Travis: What did you eve figure out on wheels? I sent you a message...

No I still need wheels, I dont have your phone number! PM it to me
User avatar
Travisfab
Posts: 1274
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:09 pm
Bronco Info: 95 XLT 5.8 C6 Prerunner

Re: 95 Bronco Build!

Post by Travisfab »

Got some axles on order. Pumped on these!

Image
User avatar
Travisfab
Posts: 1274
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:09 pm
Bronco Info: 95 XLT 5.8 C6 Prerunner

Re: 95 Bronco Build!

Post by Travisfab »

Little prep action, doubt this thing has ever been off! Taking care of the leaky axle seals and diff cover.

Image
User avatar
crisis88
Posts: 758
Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:17 pm
Bronco Info: 94 fsb stock

Re: 95 Bronco Build!

Post by crisis88 »

Travisfab wrote:Got some axles on order. Pumped on these!

Image
Nice!!! Spensive!!
User avatar
Travisfab
Posts: 1274
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:09 pm
Bronco Info: 95 XLT 5.8 C6 Prerunner

Re: 95 Bronco Build!

Post by Travisfab »

crisis88 wrote:
Travisfab wrote:Nice!!! Spensive!!
Yeah, probably more than what my truck is worth if it were stock!
User avatar
yikes
Founder
Posts: 4138
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:51 am
Bronco Info: 1996 with tires and stuff
Location: Yucaipa, CA

Re: 95 Bronco Build!

Post by yikes »

Nice Travis! That's what I've been dreaming about. Heck yeah! Glad someone finally pulled the trigger on those.
Rmc
El Jefe
Posts: 6028
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:22 pm
Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner
Location: IE SoCal
Contact:

Re: 95 Bronco Build!

Post by Rmc »

They are very nice, too expensive for my blood though. Let us know how well they work.
User avatar
ESHALLBETTER
Posts: 1588
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:49 am
Bronco Info: 85 class 3, 70's somthing trail bronco.
Location: Minneapolis, MN

Re: 95 Bronco Build!

Post by ESHALLBETTER »

Brad Lemarche has been running them on his TORC formula Bronco for a couple seasons now and has only had one problem I believe using them in race conditions with a fire breathing engine.

Good purchase!
User avatar
crisis88
Posts: 758
Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:17 pm
Bronco Info: 94 fsb stock

Re: 95 Bronco Build!

Post by crisis88 »

I believe one of "The Factory Racing" guys is running them also. And they have been hood from what I understand.
Post Reply