96 Bronco - Project "Cheryl"
- tcm glx
- Peanut Butter
- Posts: 7309
- Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:19 am
- Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8
- Location: Riverside Ca
- Contact:
Re: 96 Bronco - Project "Cheryl"
Not at all!
-
VintageIronFab
- Posts: 2338
- Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 12:25 am
- Bronco Info: Bronco List:
- Location: Phoenix, AZ
Little things done...
Well got some small things done today ...
**windshield in - its amazing how bad an old windshield looks compared to new
**wiper arms ran through my blast cabinet and re-painted and Bosch Evolution blades-- again really nice!
**picked up material for the radius arms -- going to fully plate them
**got my exhaust a little Yikes inspired--- the sound is about the exact same-- with the back window down from a dead stop I smell exhaust a little-- after drivign I dont smell anything-- but I got sleepy for some reason LOL
**windshield in - its amazing how bad an old windshield looks compared to new
**wiper arms ran through my blast cabinet and re-painted and Bosch Evolution blades-- again really nice!
**picked up material for the radius arms -- going to fully plate them
**got my exhaust a little Yikes inspired--- the sound is about the exact same-- with the back window down from a dead stop I smell exhaust a little-- after drivign I dont smell anything-- but I got sleepy for some reason LOL
- Attachments
-
- photo 2 (14).JPG (111.83 KiB) Viewed 1702 times
-
- photo 4 (11).JPG (106.43 KiB) Viewed 1702 times
-
- photo 5.JPG (169.75 KiB) Viewed 1702 times
-
- photo 1 (16).JPG (100.18 KiB) Viewed 1702 times
- hobbyturnedobsession
- Posts: 4673
- Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:34 am
- Bronco Info: 96 c/o w/ 5.0
- Location: High Desert CA
Re: 96 Bronco - Project "Cheryl"
I did mine through the side fender and had no issues
- Silverslk
- Posts: 1932
- Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:13 pm
- Bronco Info: 1995 Eddie Baur Bronco......GONE to a better home
- Location: Garden Grove, CA
- Contact:
Re: 96 Bronco - Project "Cheryl"
I put a turn down on my cat with no muffler and sound is good... Not loud at all. Back window down is no issue except when hard on it I get a spoiled eggs smell in the cab. No loss of power noted... Just ask anyone who's driven it.
-
VintageIronFab
- Posts: 2338
- Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 12:25 am
- Bronco Info: Bronco List:
- Location: Phoenix, AZ
Re: 96 Bronco - Project "Cheryl"
I wish I knew if someone had cut a hole in the frame and run the exhaust thru there out the side of the body-- I love thru the box exhaust!
- hobbyturnedobsession
- Posts: 4673
- Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:34 am
- Bronco Info: 96 c/o w/ 5.0
- Location: High Desert CA
Re: 96 Bronco - Project "Cheryl"
Mine ran around the frame. Through the frame may cause a lot of issues unless the frame has been modded big time.
-
VintageIronFab
- Posts: 2338
- Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 12:25 am
- Bronco Info: Bronco List:
- Location: Phoenix, AZ
Radius Arm Work Begins...
Pics of the radius arms I got started on......
- Attachments
-
- RA Ears1.JPG (118.72 KiB) Viewed 1627 times
-
- RA Ears2.JPG (111.12 KiB) Viewed 1627 times
-
- RA Ears3.JPG (105.34 KiB) Viewed 1627 times
-
- RA Ears4.JPG (113.66 KiB) Viewed 1627 times
-
- RA Mockup1.JPG (125.93 KiB) Viewed 1627 times
- otter
- Posts: 534
- Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:57 pm
- Bronco Info: Currently in a holding pattern
- Location: Hawaii
Re: 96 Bronco - Project "Cheryl"
Looking good! I like the design 
-
VintageIronFab
- Posts: 2338
- Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 12:25 am
- Bronco Info: Bronco List:
- Location: Phoenix, AZ
Re: 96 Bronco - Project "Cheryl"
Well I came up with it all on my own don't ya know
Thanks again for the help btw!!!
-
VintageIronFab
- Posts: 2338
- Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 12:25 am
- Bronco Info: Bronco List:
- Location: Phoenix, AZ
Some Under-Hood Pics
Here are some under-the hood pics. Got the grime off with some elbow grease and Simple Green. I love zero $$ improvements. The washer/overflow box--why would you use "trimmer-line" to fix anything?? 
- Attachments
-
- Washer-Janky.JPG (95.4 KiB) Viewed 1529 times
-
- Under-hood- Clean.JPG (96.98 KiB) Viewed 1529 times
-
- Under-hood- Dirty.JPG (92.25 KiB) Viewed 1529 times
-
VintageIronFab
- Posts: 2338
- Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 12:25 am
- Bronco Info: Bronco List:
- Location: Phoenix, AZ
New "stolen" Glassworks Fenders
My CL score-- my "stolen" Glassworks Fenders
They aren't really stolen fyi!
-
VintageIronFab
- Posts: 2338
- Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 12:25 am
- Bronco Info: Bronco List:
- Location: Phoenix, AZ
Re: 96 Bronco - Project "Cheryl"
...................
- Attachments
-
- Fenders.JPG (96.78 KiB) Viewed 1540 times
-
VintageIronFab
- Posts: 2338
- Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 12:25 am
- Bronco Info: Bronco List:
- Location: Phoenix, AZ
Body / Chassis Cleaning..
Some pics of the chassis, body and chassis parts getting wire wheeled and chemically cleaned.....
- Attachments
-
- Exhaust Cleaning.JPG (102.59 KiB) Viewed 1484 times
-
- Frame Cleaning1.JPG (138.33 KiB) Viewed 1484 times
-
- Chassis Cleaning 2.JPG (112.19 KiB) Viewed 1484 times
-
- Chassis.JPG (112.19 KiB) Viewed 1484 times
-
VintageIronFab
- Posts: 2338
- Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 12:25 am
- Bronco Info: Bronco List:
- Location: Phoenix, AZ
Parts Removal
Gotta take off parts so you can put on the good stuff!
- Attachments
-
- Tire Carrier Deleted.JPG (110.14 KiB) Viewed 1482 times
-
- Stock Bumper Deleted.JPG (154.56 KiB) Viewed 1482 times
-
- Coilbucket removal2.JPG (150.31 KiB) Viewed 1482 times
-
- Coilbucket removal 2.JPG (117.71 KiB) Viewed 1482 times
-
- Coilbucket removal.JPG (120.98 KiB) Viewed 1482 times
-
VintageIronFab
- Posts: 2338
- Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 12:25 am
- Bronco Info: Bronco List:
- Location: Phoenix, AZ
Modified Coil Buckets
Here are the modified stock coil buckets I have been working on. Can't say that this was a good idea honestly and wish I would have just made some from scratch. KInd of thought this would have been easier than making all brand new. As it turns out it wasn't at all 
- Attachments
-
- Coilbucket re.JPG (137.86 KiB) Viewed 1480 times
-
- Bucket Cut-apart.JPG (112 KiB) Viewed 1480 times
-
- Bucket2.JPG (137.05 KiB) Viewed 1480 times
-
- Bucket4.JPG (155.87 KiB) Viewed 1480 times
-
- Bucket5.JPG (135.33 KiB) Viewed 1480 times
- hobbyturnedobsession
- Posts: 4673
- Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:34 am
- Bronco Info: 96 c/o w/ 5.0
- Location: High Desert CA
Re: 96 Bronco - Project "Cheryl"
With the amount of work you have in them I can see why it was difficult. They look good though. Cleaning frame rails is tedious and boring isn't it?
- RyanDS650X
- Posts: 1868
- Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:13 am
- Bronco Info: Autofab '96 XLT 5.8
- Location: Mesa, AZ
- Contact:
Re: 96 Bronco - Project "Cheryl"
Lookin good. Let me know when you are ready for a shake down run, ill meet up with you somewhere.
-
VintageIronFab
- Posts: 2338
- Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 12:25 am
- Bronco Info: Bronco List:
- Location: Phoenix, AZ
Radius Arm Upper Plates & Beam Pivots
I trimmed the upper radius arm plates for clearance so the shocks dont hit the radius arm-- then added 3/16" plate. Cut out the beam bushings tonight for uniballs. Going to start on the beam mods next........
- Attachments
-
- photo 1 (9).JPG (93.68 KiB) Viewed 1432 times
-
- photo 3 (11).JPG (112.68 KiB) Viewed 1432 times
-
- photo 4 (11).JPG (119.79 KiB) Viewed 1432 times
-
VintageIronFab
- Posts: 2338
- Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 12:25 am
- Bronco Info: Bronco List:
- Location: Phoenix, AZ
Re: 96 Bronco - Project "Cheryl"
yep cleaning all the old grit, dirt and the places where the PO just let an oil leak go on and on is tedious and really dirty. The payoff of not having to work on a nasty chassis is a big plus however. Hey Ryan when I get it rolling in a couple days I will let you know. If you are free this weekend and wanna get away from the wife and kids-- I have some things to keep ya busy
There is a killer dry river in the center of Wickenburg that is great for your Bronco to go blasting in -- let me know if you wanna make the trek 
-
Rmc
- El Jefe
- Posts: 6028
- Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:22 pm
- Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner
- Location: IE SoCal
- Contact:
Re: 96 Bronco - Project "Cheryl"
The mighty hasiumpa!! Lol
