HTO'S BRONCO BUILD

User avatar
hobbyturnedobsession
Posts: 4673
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:34 am
Bronco Info: 96 c/o w/ 5.0
Location: High Desert CA

Re: HTO'S BRONCO BUILD

Post by hobbyturnedobsession »

Sure! Throw me a price on pm.
I'm just here for the views. It helps me feel wanted.
User avatar
hobbyturnedobsession
Posts: 4673
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:34 am
Bronco Info: 96 c/o w/ 5.0
Location: High Desert CA

Re: HTO'S BRONCO BUILD

Post by hobbyturnedobsession »

Need some advice. I was going to buy this bumper for 100. Should I?
Attachments
0409110919.jpg
0409110919.jpg (185.98 KiB) Viewed 1426 times
0409110918.jpg
0409110918.jpg (196.87 KiB) Viewed 1426 times
I'm just here for the views. It helps me feel wanted.
User avatar
tcm glx
Peanut Butter
Posts: 7309
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:19 am
Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8
Location: Riverside Ca
Contact:

Re: HTO'S BRONCO BUILD

Post by tcm glx »

That is a good looking bumper ( I am thinking of it powdercoated, and with a new skid of course)
User avatar
hobbyturnedobsession
Posts: 4673
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:34 am
Bronco Info: 96 c/o w/ 5.0
Location: High Desert CA

Re: HTO'S BRONCO BUILD

Post by hobbyturnedobsession »

Thats what I thought too. The skid would be easy to cut, no bends and a new coat of paint. I was also going to lop off that bar across the top for the lights. I like the look of yours how there isn't one.
I'm just here for the views. It helps me feel wanted.
User avatar
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Posts: 9194
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:46 am
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks
Location: Huntington Beach, CA

Re: HTO'S BRONCO BUILD

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

I like the bumper and it's easily worth the $100 if you factor in the time/materials used.

I'd put it on the truck before you cut off the top bar and see what it looks like. I like them with top bars.
Owner of only dead and forgotten projects
User avatar
hobbyturnedobsession
Posts: 4673
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:34 am
Bronco Info: 96 c/o w/ 5.0
Location: High Desert CA

Re: HTO'S BRONCO BUILD

Post by hobbyturnedobsession »

I'm going to pick it up saturday. Should I weld it on or bolt it on?
I'm just here for the views. It helps me feel wanted.
User avatar
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Posts: 9194
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:46 am
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks
Location: Huntington Beach, CA

Re: HTO'S BRONCO BUILD

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

BOLT. Weld ons are for people who are too lazy to do it right! Or race vehicles - depending on who you ask. I still say those should get bolt ons though...
Owner of only dead and forgotten projects
User avatar
bajascott
My belly is my best friend
Posts: 2006
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:29 pm
Bronco Info: its black, its fun to drive,and i dont have enough money to build it the way i want to!:)
Location: southern oregon
Contact:

Re: HTO'S BRONCO BUILD

Post by bajascott »

if it bolts on now i'd just bolt it on. having a welded bumper kinda sucks some times.... ;)
FRONT YARD FABRICATION
http://ssfab-n-offroad.com/
User avatar
bajascott
My belly is my best friend
Posts: 2006
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:29 pm
Bronco Info: its black, its fun to drive,and i dont have enough money to build it the way i want to!:)
Location: southern oregon
Contact:

Re: HTO'S BRONCO BUILD

Post by bajascott »

oh and im lazy.... :lol:
FRONT YARD FABRICATION
http://ssfab-n-offroad.com/
User avatar
hobbyturnedobsession
Posts: 4673
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:34 am
Bronco Info: 96 c/o w/ 5.0
Location: High Desert CA

Re: HTO'S BRONCO BUILD

Post by hobbyturnedobsession »

Hahah. He said the mounts are on there for bolting it up. Does anyone know how much I'm supposed to cut off the frame horns?
I'm just here for the views. It helps me feel wanted.
User avatar
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Posts: 9194
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:46 am
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks
Location: Huntington Beach, CA

Re: HTO'S BRONCO BUILD

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

That depends on the bumper itself and how it is set up...
Owner of only dead and forgotten projects
User avatar
hobbyturnedobsession
Posts: 4673
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:34 am
Bronco Info: 96 c/o w/ 5.0
Location: High Desert CA

Re: HTO'S BRONCO BUILD

Post by hobbyturnedobsession »

What would be the best way to find out? I thought about trimming it until it sat where I wanted it.
I'm just here for the views. It helps me feel wanted.
User avatar
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Posts: 9194
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:46 am
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks
Location: Huntington Beach, CA

Re: HTO'S BRONCO BUILD

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

That works too. What I was getting at was get the bumper 1st and figure cutting from there.
Owner of only dead and forgotten projects
User avatar
hobbyturnedobsession
Posts: 4673
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:34 am
Bronco Info: 96 c/o w/ 5.0
Location: High Desert CA

Re: HTO'S BRONCO BUILD

Post by hobbyturnedobsession »

Thats what I was thinking too. Whats the best way to plate the frame horns? Is there something specific I should be using?
I'm just here for the views. It helps me feel wanted.
User avatar
hobbyturnedobsession
Posts: 4673
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:34 am
Bronco Info: 96 c/o w/ 5.0
Location: High Desert CA

Re: HTO'S BRONCO BUILD

Post by hobbyturnedobsession »

So after the new trans went in (thank you Tony!) There is a night and day comparison to this bronco. Which also created some problems hahah. Since the trans is new and tight the trans cable is too sloppy so I have to start it in neutral. Thats going into the shop along with the fuel leak. Next, took it in for a smog and the evap system is leaking. Thats the only thing it failed on. After that I changed the oil and fuel filter, which was nasty. Then I noticed a vibration between 45 and 55, and found that the rear most u joint was really bad. Pics later. I went to Napa and got a precision u joint thats supposed to be their " severe duty. How are they?
I'm just here for the views. It helps me feel wanted.
User avatar
hobbyturnedobsession
Posts: 4673
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:34 am
Bronco Info: 96 c/o w/ 5.0
Location: High Desert CA

Re: HTO'S BRONCO BUILD

Post by hobbyturnedobsession »

So, I bought the bumper above and will have that on soon. Also, that fuel leak was the stupid roll over valve on top of the tank. Well after a mouth full of gas I drained the 19 gallons out and dropped the tank. sure as shoot it was cracked in half. The rubber grommet was split also, so 75 dollars later and the tank back in, it doesn't smell like gas anymore! Also, after the line runs to the charcoal canister, it runs to the intake. Can someone send me a pic of their intake so I can see where it hooks into. I think I'm going to have to tap into my intake somewhere to put it in. Can I get some suggestions from the masters? Thank you.
I'm just here for the views. It helps me feel wanted.
User avatar
hobbyturnedobsession
Posts: 4673
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:34 am
Bronco Info: 96 c/o w/ 5.0
Location: High Desert CA

Re: HTO'S BRONCO BUILD

Post by hobbyturnedobsession »

Well I've been really busy with the bronco. Got the roll over valve replaced the fuel tank lock ring / gasket replaced and mounted the charcoal canister line to the intake. It passed smog. Then I moved onto my new rear bench seat and my bumper. Take it easy on me its not finished yet haha. Also, I hated the chrome so I got rid of the trim pieces off the rear quarter panel and painted the rims. I've been working on it every night after work for the past week and a half.
Attachments
BRONCO FRONT.jpg
BRONCO FRONT.jpg (224.2 KiB) Viewed 1219 times
I'm just here for the views. It helps me feel wanted.
User avatar
hobbyturnedobsession
Posts: 4673
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:34 am
Bronco Info: 96 c/o w/ 5.0
Location: High Desert CA

Re: HTO'S BRONCO BUILD

Post by hobbyturnedobsession »

Well the bumper is finished and the rims painted. I picked up a set of outlaw 2's and painted them.
Attachments
bronco revised.jpg
bronco revised.jpg (274.8 KiB) Viewed 1165 times
I'm just here for the views. It helps me feel wanted.
User avatar
hobbyturnedobsession
Posts: 4673
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:34 am
Bronco Info: 96 c/o w/ 5.0
Location: High Desert CA

Re: HTO'S BRONCO BUILD

Post by hobbyturnedobsession »

I went and bought myself a Kenwood TM-271 race radio. Well a big thank you to Tony (tcm glx) for the hook up on the antenna and the mod on the race radio. Got it all plugged in and other than needing to shorten the antenna it works really good! Also got the oil changed, the belt changed, the trans cooler fan working and some other small odds and ends.
Attachments
race radio.jpg
race radio.jpg (272.4 KiB) Viewed 1109 times
I'm just here for the views. It helps me feel wanted.
User avatar
BajaF250
Posts: 2430
Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:47 pm
Bronco Info: 1982 Ford F250
Location: San Diego, CA
Contact:

Re: HTO'S BRONCO BUILD

Post by BajaF250 »

Randy,
That's awesome... it's great having a good radio... makes all the difference in the world.
Post Reply