Job One for my Bronco is smog and all new brake lines. I like the braided over hard line.....where did you find the best deal on the materials? How are your lines anchored to the arm loops? Are those zip ties?cs_drums wrote:My buddy worked R&D for an electric car company they plumbed the entire car in braided to save time working out the best routing. Hardlines are cheaper for long spans but by the time you by to short briaded lines and 2 extra bulk heads it cheaper to just buy a pre-made braid line and go. They sell pre-made it tons of different lengths. They just get expensive when you have to start changing fittings. The 43" lines down the radius arms were like $23 bucks a piece I believe. I had a bunch of random lines I used for the rear and just cut to length and put fittings on.
94 Raptor killer
- 1Hondalover
- Posts: 819
- Joined: Mon May 14, 2012 2:30 pm
- Bronco Info: Having so much fun with friends in Baja, we're not sure if we want to race NORRA.....
- Location: Santa Clarita
Re: 94 Raptor killer
-
cs_drums
- Posts: 2912
- Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:39 am
- Bronco Info: 94 5.8 Bronco w/dreams of being finished
Re: 94 Raptor killer
I get my braided lines from a place in north county San Diego , VW paradise. I used weld on hydralic line holders for bicycles they worked out very well. I will try and find the site I got them from. The company was Nova bike supply I believe.
-
cs_drums
- Posts: 2912
- Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:39 am
- Bronco Info: 94 5.8 Bronco w/dreams of being finished
Re: 94 Raptor killer
I'm gonna do a product I found, hush mat (same as dynamat just cheaper) and carpet. I am going to get a stock replace ment for the front and get some bulk carpet for the bed and shock panels.1Hondalover wrote:Finally had the time to read through your entire build and I'm impressed.....right down to the happy wife/life part. Unfortunately I didn't get to experience the fabrication of my Bronco, but it's better for me because I'd have taken 6 years to get where you have in 2 with the irons I've got in the fire. Great job on your ride so far!cs_drums wrote:Thanks guys! Fortunately I have a tig, mig and a buddy to help. I am gonna buzz buzz all the sheet metal/sheet metal seams, grind them and my buddy is gonna tig all the sheet to tubing so it looks nice. Weld Party!!!! Im really happy with how it is coming out.
Has any body used Al's liner?
http://www.alsliner.com/alsliner
I saw it in off road this month, researched it and it looks pretty cool. You can get a heat and noise reducer additive as well to further the insulation. I am thinking of shooting the inside and the outer fenderwells as well. Any thoughts?
Now that I've had some time to inventory my rig, I've seen there are several cleanup and completion projects to tackle in no more than the next year. My interior is all (painted) but raw sheet metal, both factory and fabricated much like yours. This discussion was the beginnning of your comments, followed recently by Dynamat and carpet. What are your current thoughts about what you're going to use inside and out? Have you checked out Dynamat's Dynadeck for the inside?
Like the others I'm interested in our progress.....where are you located?
-
cs_drums
- Posts: 2912
- Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:39 am
- Bronco Info: 94 5.8 Bronco w/dreams of being finished
Re: 94 Raptor killer
I am located in norh county San Diego
-
87Broncorunner
- Posts: 4
- Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:11 pm
- Bronco Info: 1987 bronco prerunner (rebuilding)
Re: 94 Raptor killer
hey im in north san diego also, oceanside... can i swing by and take a look at your ride im about to rejuvinate my old pile thats been neglected and is sitting in the desert... maybe i can pick your brain also... right now i have camburg coil buckets up front and a currie 9" need brakes shocks and tires for mine since they were all stolen . anyways what spring rate are you usinng on the rear i want to stick to leafs and possibly ditch the coil buckets and go coilover... is their pm on this website?
-
cs_drums
- Posts: 2912
- Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:39 am
- Bronco Info: 94 5.8 Bronco w/dreams of being finished
Re: 94 Raptor killer
Update-
Bronco is fighting back. I installed the Art Carr Shifter as well as my Punisher valve body. After everything was all done I drained my drainpan into a container and found a small inline filter which i beleive came out during the valve body install. FML. Glad I noticed before I put the new fluid in. Couple hours down the drain, start over!!
Bronco is fighting back. I installed the Art Carr Shifter as well as my Punisher valve body. After everything was all done I drained my drainpan into a container and found a small inline filter which i beleive came out during the valve body install. FML. Glad I noticed before I put the new fluid in. Couple hours down the drain, start over!!
-
cs_drums
- Posts: 2912
- Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:39 am
- Bronco Info: 94 5.8 Bronco w/dreams of being finished
Re: 94 Raptor killer
Date has been set! April 6th will be the maiden desert trip!
-
D1cker1
- Posts: 1255
- Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:44 pm
- Bronco Info: 93 EB Bronco 12"Over 40" BFG projects 5.13 gears in a 8.8... 1 seat and stripped Interior
- Location: ORANGE CUNTY, COMIFORNIA وس إنجليزي - عربي
Re: 94 Raptor killer
Where? Ocotillo?
-
cs_drums
- Posts: 2912
- Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:39 am
- Bronco Info: 94 5.8 Bronco w/dreams of being finished
Re: 94 Raptor killer
Yup!D1cker1 wrote:Where? Ocotillo?
-
Rmc
- El Jefe
- Posts: 6028
- Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:22 pm
- Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner
- Location: IE SoCal
- Contact:
Re: 94 Raptor killer
Get pics n vids so we can live vicariously through you! I wanna see those leafs dropped out with nuthin but sky underneath. Good luck with the shake down.
Re: 94 Raptor killer
Just went thru your thread. God damn I love it.!!!! Nice job. 
-
cs_drums
- Posts: 2912
- Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:39 am
- Bronco Info: 94 5.8 Bronco w/dreams of being finished
Re: 94 Raptor killer
Thanks!Pushrod91 wrote:Just went thru your thread. God damn I love it.!!!! Nice job.
-
cs_drums
- Posts: 2912
- Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:39 am
- Bronco Info: 94 5.8 Bronco w/dreams of being finished
Re: 94 Raptor killer
Maiden voyage is getting pushed back. Buddy has to to premier the car the company has been working on. Should still be in April though. Paint and final assemebly begin this weekend. Get a few miles down then start working on the finer details.
-
Mojo
- Posts: 444
- Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:55 pm
- Bronco Info: 96eb 5.8, custom SS exh, C&T/uniball, Heim R-arms, 35"bajas 4.88s F53 w/SOLO shackle PRPs
- Location: Prescott, AZ
- Contact:
Re: 94 Raptor killer
I'll likely be in Ocotillo Apr. 20, would be cool to meet up 
-
cs_drums
- Posts: 2912
- Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:39 am
- Bronco Info: 94 5.8 Bronco w/dreams of being finished
Re: 94 Raptor killer
I think that is problably when we will be out there. Ill let you know.Mojo's96 wrote:I'll likely be in Ocotillo Apr. 20, would be cool to meet up
-
cs_drums
- Posts: 2912
- Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:39 am
- Bronco Info: 94 5.8 Bronco w/dreams of being finished
Re: 94 Raptor killer
Plugging away at paint and final assembly....
Radio
Fresh paint
Radio

Fresh paint

-
D1cker1
- Posts: 1255
- Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:44 pm
- Bronco Info: 93 EB Bronco 12"Over 40" BFG projects 5.13 gears in a 8.8... 1 seat and stripped Interior
- Location: ORANGE CUNTY, COMIFORNIA وس إنجليزي - عربي
Re: 94 Raptor killer
Primer and paint..
That interesting how you painted the inner holes on the dimple dye.. Will you be leaving it that way?
That interesting how you painted the inner holes on the dimple dye.. Will you be leaving it that way?
-
cs_drums
- Posts: 2912
- Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:39 am
- Bronco Info: 94 5.8 Bronco w/dreams of being finished
Re: 94 Raptor killer
Everything is painted semigloss black. I am not sure what you are referring to with the dimples but it might be the glare you are seeing.D1cker1 wrote:Primer and paint..
That interesting how you painted the inner holes on the dimple dye.. Will you be leaving it that way?
-
D1cker1
- Posts: 1255
- Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:44 pm
- Bronco Info: 93 EB Bronco 12"Over 40" BFG projects 5.13 gears in a 8.8... 1 seat and stripped Interior
- Location: ORANGE CUNTY, COMIFORNIA وس إنجليزي - عربي
Re: 94 Raptor killer
I just looked again..it's the semi gloss that's giving the appearance
-
cs_drums
- Posts: 2912
- Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:39 am
- Bronco Info: 94 5.8 Bronco w/dreams of being finished
Re: 94 Raptor killer
Got some more work done. Hopefully I can take it around the block tomorrow


