Josh aka greaslifes 86

Agui-E7TE
Bronco Info: 89 Bronco w/ 6 in. skyjacker kit w/ dual Bilstein 5150 shocks up front and Deaver F53's in the rear

Re: Josh aka greaslifes 86

Post by Agui-E7TE »

hobbyturnedobsession wrote:So because its different its wrong?
Only if it hits the steering.
Agui-E7TE
Bronco Info: 89 Bronco w/ 6 in. skyjacker kit w/ dual Bilstein 5150 shocks up front and Deaver F53's in the rear

Post by Agui-E7TE »

Well I guess I should have read past that post... what a thread derailment that was!

Didn't realize he was going to cut it after. I'm sure it will work fine, steering link was the only issue I saw with it. So what if it happens to break, he can build another set.. that's how everyone learns and odds are it won't break on the road anyway. Some guys don't even have a truss and beat the crap out of their trucks for years without any issue.

For what it's worth though.. everyone seemed to cry foul when someone on here was building their own cut and turned beams with angle iron. He ended up starting a new set after trial and error and it looks like he's on the right path now after listening to all the nay sayers.

And, what's with all this egotistical fabber attitude? Big freaking woopy, we get it, you can weld, it's seriously not a big freaking deal. There's tons of guys who can fab and don't have nearly that same ego about it. There's no need to belittle someone else's garage fab work. I built a bumper for my CJ7 and it had some seriously shitty welds but they held up great and I was proud of it because I built it.

Some can fabricate, others can wrench, while a few can paint, the rest can write a check but it doesn't mean they're not real off-roaders.
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

Holy fock that went sideways!

1st - my thought on the tube sticking out of the truss was a guess. Granted I think I'm correct, but you never know. Might not be the way you would do it, but I know Josh has to be smarter than to leave a tube sticking out like that so give him some credit. If not, well, he'll put it on the truck, figure out it hits & have to spend more time fixing it.

To the lurkers who said they were gone but still seem to come on here all the time & then just post up to start shit - either get the fock out or stay & have a little respect for others around you. You've stormed off & done the "wah wah wah, I'm not posting here any more" tantrem like a 3 yr. old girl already, so if you decide for the former - please do so quietly and just cancel your account!

To build on what Agui and others have said - there is no reason to come at it with an I'm better than you, a-hole type attitude. Did you fuckers drop from the womb with the ability to weld and fab like you do now????? I sure as hell know I didn't. It takes years of practice. We all are constantly learning and growing and are all at different stages in our abilities. If you want to play all high & mighty I can say my welds make some of your guys stuff look like I shit it out. But then there's many people around that make my stuff look like shit/vomit too. So what's the point of being an ass & trying to play top dog? We simply don't like that crap around here. We don't try to come off like the "I'm better than you" fabber BS many sites like DR have. If we see something dangerous we'll say something. If we see something that'll work, but just may not look quite as pretty as other stuff - what's the point of being an ass & saying "that looks like shit" just to do so???
Let guys build their trucks in peace - unless they're going to hurt themselves or others whith what they are attempting to build.
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

Damn no edit!!

Realized my post might come off as Chris/Will/Andy starting shit. It's meant more to be in general, as to your credit - Will & Chris you guys were helpful & not a-hole-ish in the posts specific to the beam & design. It's just funny/odd that you don't post anywhere else on here until there is a BS flare up. The whole BS started with Andy's post and the way it was read (and possible intended), which may or may not have been taken the wrong way and then you guys suddenly appeared to post.
cuz_im_CR
Bronco Info: 96 xlt stock

Post by cuz_im_CR »

ChaseTruck754 wrote: Did you fuckers drop from the womb with the ability to weld and fab like you do now????? .
Watch the language... This is a family friendly site. My 3 year old is reading this....

As far as I'm concerned about your credibility as a fabricator I've yet to see you actually build anything... You talk a big online game about everything you know but in the 10 years I've seen you around the forums I've never seen a single piece of finished work from you...finish something for once and show everyone how well it works... Then give your opinions...
Rmc
El Jefe
Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner

Post by Rmc »

Trying not to get involved in the discussion but I think someone should start a different thread instead if littering this guys build thread.
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

cuz_im_CR wrote:
ChaseTruck754 wrote: Did you fuckers drop from the womb with the ability to weld and fab like you do now????? .
Watch the language... This is a family friendly site. My 3 year old is reading this....

As far as I'm concerned about your credibility as a fabricator I've yet to see you actually build anything... You talk a big online game about everything you know but in the 10 years I've seen you around the forums I've never seen a single piece of finished work from you...finish something for once and show everyone how well it works... Then give your opinions...
Points well made. That's a pretty smart 3 yr. old if they can keep up & read all this though? What do they have to say about daddy only sticking his nose in to stir up BS? Do they have an opinion on that?

Oh and I've worked on plenty of other people's stuff that goes out & gets used. Even if my stuff sits here collecting dust.

As lots of people around here & DR. I've welded on all sorts of people's trucks around here. Have I scatch built for anybody else - no.
cs_drums
Bronco Info: 94 5.8 Bronco w/dreams of being finished

Post by cs_drums »

here you go figure out your beefs here,

http://www.gofastbroncos.com/forum/view ... f=5&t=4738

Let get back to the build!
BDKW1
Bronco Info: It's the new and inproved Party Barge!

Post by BDKW1 »

economig wrote:
Nick wrote:I thought you guys would never subject yourselves to worrying about telling the truth for fear of unnecessary and immature reactions?
Correct
Still a D-Bag..........
greaslife
Bronco Info: Home built is the way too go even if they don't like it.

Post by greaslife »

After reading posts and the chan of events after words I have come to a conclusion.
If you want too criticize my work and think u got better idea let me know. just remember I'm not holding back any more .
What all of you are missing is all the plating and the truss is 3/16 not 10 or 14 gauge crap most use and bend by hand on there bench.
Not talking crap just my opinion
I will be the first to admit I do things different than the rest but that's me.

Andy. I apologize for going off on you. see it from my side. I haven't posted on here in a long time because of bull crap people and there remarks. So I took what you posted the wrong way.
Plan and sample

Do you really think that some one would leave a long tube on after All the work they put into the truss ?Come on are you that dumb.
tcm glx
Peanut Butter
Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8

Post by tcm glx »

greaslife wrote: Plan and sample

Hahahahahaha, gotta love no more edit!!! Alright, no that we have all kissed and made up, post up more pictures Josh, nobody reads these threads.....this sh!t is like playboy..........in it for the pics!
Andy Jones
Bronco Info: In the Works!

Post by Andy Jones »

It's all good Josh! I was on the fly when I typed my post at work. I didn't mean for it to sound like a d@$k head remark!. I apologize for that!. You're doing a good job tackling your rig, keep it up!
greaslife

Post by greaslife »

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366683701.284922.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366683701.284922.jpg (64.33 KiB) Viewed 577 times
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366683715.775829.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366683715.775829.jpg (60.58 KiB) Viewed 577 times
Little more hack fabb for your crap talking pleasure.
tcm glx
Peanut Butter
Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8

Post by tcm glx »

greaslife wrote:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366683701.284922.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366683715.775829.jpg
Little more hack fabb for your crap talking pleasure.

Dude, four lights!!!!! Are you kidding me, what's wrong with you. (Sarcasm).

Looking good Josh, toss the rack on the roof so we can see what it will look like.
robertcrav
Let me google that for you
Bronco Info: Lana - Stock width c/t coil-overs/bypasses -- Sylvia - Stock width 4" Rancho kit on Billies

Post by robertcrav »

I like how it curves over the windshield, is it going to mount to the rain gutter or direct to the roof?
93Broncobuff
Bronco Info: 1993, 351w, K&N,4" Bilstein 5100 lift, procomp coils, SSFAB Beams, Giant R/A's

Post by 93Broncobuff »

dude that's gonna look sooooo tits!!!
greaslife

Post by greaslife »

Rob it bolts through the roof on the cab and rear top
robertcrav
Bronco Info: Lana - Stock width c/t coil-overs/bypasses -- Sylvia - Stock width 4" Rancho kit on Billies

Post by robertcrav »

I like it... You going to plate or expanded metal the floor of the rack? Tabs on the. Back for dust/reverse lights?
greaslife

Post by greaslife »

No lights on the rear. The hole thing will be perforated 14 gauge. Need side work too pay for it sh!+s expensive .
robertcrav

Post by robertcrav »

I hear that...that's why I sell lights lol