Tina Turner

User avatar
BajaF250
Posts: 2430
Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:47 pm
Bronco Info: 1982 Ford F250
Location: San Diego, CA
Contact:

Re: Otter's 89 Black and Tan

Post by BajaF250 »

Exceptional... very nice. I hate pulling a gunky motor, but LOVE putting a nice clean SEALED motor back in. Your truck looks great!
User avatar
otter
Posts: 534
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:57 pm
Bronco Info: Currently in a holding pattern
Location: Hawaii

Re: Otter's 89 Black and Tan

Post by otter »

Rmc wrote:As always looks great!
hobbyturnedobsession wrote:Nice!
drewbee88 wrote:Lookin good man! Glad to see you using it!
Thanks guys. It's getting there.
yikes wrote:Love the plus two. Perfect track with those wheels. Looks awesome!
It is perfect. Looks awesome, tucks up into the stock fenders no problems and drives better.
BajaF250 wrote:Exceptional... very nice. I hate pulling a gunky motor, but LOVE putting a nice clean SEALED motor back in. Your truck looks great!
Yeah that motor was nasty. When I bought it, it had so much build up it wasn't leaking any more. When I got it home and degreased the motor, it started pouring out everywhere. I hate motor work. Every time you look at it wrong it costs a few hundred bucks.
User avatar
SteveG
Admin
Posts: 6177
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:25 am
Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)
Location: Arroyo Grande, CA

Re: Otter's 89 Black and Tan

Post by SteveG »

That looks great! I didn't realize you put a 5 speed in it... I like! If I was going to pull the C6 out of mine, I would want to go 5 speed as well. Economy AND power. Win-win.
User avatar
otter
Posts: 534
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:57 pm
Bronco Info: Currently in a holding pattern
Location: Hawaii

Re: Otter's 89 Black and Tan

Post by otter »

SteveG wrote:That looks great! I didn't realize you put a 5 speed in it... I like! If I was going to pull the C6 out of mine, I would want to go 5 speed as well. Economy AND power. Win-win.
Yeah the 5 speed was cheaper than rebuilding the C6. I am still working the bugs out of the clutch. Stupid internal slave, I might have gotten a bad one.
drewbee88
Posts: 502
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:18 pm
Bronco Info: Rhonda the Bronco is her name, shredding dirt is her game.
Location: Modesto, CA

Re: Otter's 89 Black and Tan

Post by drewbee88 »

Yeah never was a fan of internal slave. And glad my aod is rebuilt already, gonna slap a valve body in it and call it good for now
User avatar
otter
Posts: 534
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:57 pm
Bronco Info: Currently in a holding pattern
Location: Hawaii

Re: Otter's 89 Black and Tan

Post by otter »

This truck had way more issues then I would have liked. But trying to find a reasonably priced bronco where the owner actually has a title, turned out to be very difficult in Central and northern CA.
drewbee88
Posts: 502
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:18 pm
Bronco Info: Rhonda the Bronco is her name, shredding dirt is her game.
Location: Modesto, CA

Re: Otter's 89 Black and Tan

Post by drewbee88 »

Yeah I got pretty lucky picking up Trevor's bronco! Started cage last week, after that its front suspension and 14bolt!
Rmc
El Jefe
Posts: 6028
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:22 pm
Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner
Location: IE SoCal
Contact:

Re: Otter's 89 Black and Tan

Post by Rmc »

My guy in Beaumont will build a c6 for cheap, he quoted me master rebuild, fixed bolt on yolk, tail shaft swap and tail shaft housing swap with a new torque convertor for 900$. Way back when he used to do the mears's stuff. He comes recommended from the manager of cst. Not shure what you were quoted before the swap. He does manual and auto trans, let me know if you need his number.
User avatar
otter
Posts: 534
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:57 pm
Bronco Info: Currently in a holding pattern
Location: Hawaii

Re: Otter's 89 Black and Tan

Post by otter »

Nothing fun or exciting but needed to be done. Finished up and painted my trans crossmember, new ball joints, some steering stuff and 9/16 studs and lugs. Chipping away at my to-do list before October.

Image

Image

Image
User avatar
otter
Posts: 534
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:57 pm
Bronco Info: Currently in a holding pattern
Location: Hawaii

Re: Otter's 89 Black and Tan

Post by otter »

Brown Santa brought presents today :D. Hopefully I will get a chance to install them this weekend.

Image

Image

Image
Rmc
El Jefe
Posts: 6028
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:22 pm
Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner
Location: IE SoCal
Contact:

Re: Otter's 89 Black and Tan

Post by Rmc »

Nice!
nubreed71
Posts: 1531
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:48 pm
Bronco Info: 1997 F-250 Crewcab Shortbed

Re: Otter's 89 Black and Tan

Post by nubreed71 »

otter wrote: Image
Been meaning to ask you...is this shot with the 2" wider per side beams? Was just curious how those tucked with the stock fenders...looks like no issues from this shot. I've been pondering what to do RE the beams on my rig and was trying to figure out how wide I could go with stock fenders or with the Autofab 1.5" flare fenders.
User avatar
otter
Posts: 534
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:57 pm
Bronco Info: Currently in a holding pattern
Location: Hawaii

Re: Otter's 89 Black and Tan

Post by otter »

nubreed71 wrote:
otter wrote:
Been meaning to ask you...is this shot with the 2" wider per side beams? Was just curious how those tucked with the stock fenders...looks like no issues from this shot. I've been pondering what to do RE the beams on my rig and was trying to figure out how wide I could go with stock fenders or with the Autofab 1.5" flare fenders.
Honestly I don't think it is, but not exactly sure. The extra 2" was perfect with the stock fenders. It clears everything just fine. I didn't change anything with the bumps and it tucks just the same. When I pull the shocks to rebuild, I will snap a couple photos. The rear suspension snowballed a little bit. Should have it button it up in a week or two and will post pictures.
nubreed71
Posts: 1531
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:48 pm
Bronco Info: 1997 F-250 Crewcab Shortbed

Re: Otter's 89 Black and Tan

Post by nubreed71 »

Good deal...thanks for the info. Just trying get a feel for how wide I can go with stock glass or possible with the autofab 1" flare stock look fenders. Can't wait to see the pics of the rear suspension...this rig is looking killer!
User avatar
otter
Posts: 534
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:57 pm
Bronco Info: Currently in a holding pattern
Location: Hawaii

Re: Otter's 89 Black and Tan

Post by otter »

So I had an Idea and this is what happened. :D Everything is still in mock up stage. Playing with shock location and tie rod length. But I am pretty happy with it. Can't wait until October!

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
User avatar
93Broncobuff
Posts: 1012
Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:18 pm
Bronco Info: 1993, 351w, K&N,4" Bilstein 5100 lift, procomp coils, SSFAB Beams, Giant R/A's
Location: Huntington Beach, California

Re: Otter's 89 Black and Tan

Post by 93Broncobuff »

bitchin!!!!
User avatar
tcm glx
Peanut Butter
Posts: 7309
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:19 am
Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8
Location: Riverside Ca
Contact:

Re: Otter's 89 Black and Tan

Post by tcm glx »

Totally dig the creativity!!! Right on!
User avatar
robertcrav
Let me google that for you
Posts: 4313
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:06 am
Bronco Info: Lana - Stock width c/t coil-overs/bypasses -- Sylvia - Stock width 4" Rancho kit on Billies
Location: South O.C.
Contact:

Re: Otter's 89 Black and Tan

Post by robertcrav »

I like it...how much does it cycle?
User avatar
cypher
Posts: 218
Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:33 pm
Bronco Info: 1994 Ford Bronco w/ Southwest Performance suspension

Re: Otter's 89 Black and Tan

Post by cypher »

Impressive! I can't see why it won't work and I've been staring at it for 30 minutes so far:)
User avatar
otter
Posts: 534
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:57 pm
Bronco Info: Currently in a holding pattern
Location: Hawaii

Re: Otter's 89 Black and Tan

Post by otter »

Thanks guys! I'm getting like 18-19" nothing huge. That stupid little driveshaft limits it.
Post Reply