Mike's Ocho Cuatro Bronco build aka White Lightning

BajaBronco13
Bronco Broker
Posts: 2434
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:00 am
Bronco Info: Bronco AKA The Silver Bullet
Location: Orange County, California

Re: Chris' Ocho Cinco Bronco build aka White Lightning

Post by BajaBronco13 »

This weekend I finally installed my Solo Motorsports' radius arms and beams. Big thanks to John at Speed Unlimited who worked all weekend to help me install them as I would be clueless without him on this project.

Here are some pics of the parts before they went in:

Image

Image

Image

Image
User avatar
hobbyturnedobsession
Posts: 4673
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:34 am
Bronco Info: 96 c/o w/ 5.0
Location: High Desert CA

Re: Chris' Ocho Cinco Bronco build aka White Lightning

Post by hobbyturnedobsession »

That looks amazing.
I'm just here for the views. It helps me feel wanted.
BajaBronco13
Bronco Broker
Posts: 2434
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:00 am
Bronco Info: Bronco AKA The Silver Bullet
Location: Orange County, California

Re: Chris' Ocho Cinco Bronco build aka White Lightning

Post by BajaBronco13 »

hobbyturnedobsession wrote:That looks amazing.
Thanks man. All the plating of the beams and radius arms were done by John.
User avatar
hobbyturnedobsession
Posts: 4673
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:34 am
Bronco Info: 96 c/o w/ 5.0
Location: High Desert CA

Re: Chris' Ocho Cinco Bronco build aka White Lightning

Post by hobbyturnedobsession »

What does he charge to cut, turn, and plate the rad. arms? Are the on uni balls now?
I'm just here for the views. It helps me feel wanted.
BajaBronco13
Bronco Broker
Posts: 2434
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:00 am
Bronco Info: Bronco AKA The Silver Bullet
Location: Orange County, California

Re: Chris' Ocho Cinco Bronco build aka White Lightning

Post by BajaBronco13 »

Don't know as I have Solo's stuff but I'll ask him tonight. Stopping by the shop as he's redoing the lower shock mounts for clearance away from the steering and putting in new limit straps. I know he's got a jig set up for cut & turn beams and for his radius arms.

Yes my beams have uniballs.
User avatar
tcm glx
Peanut Butter
Posts: 7309
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:19 am
Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8
Location: Riverside Ca
Contact:

Re: Chris' Ocho Cinco Bronco build aka White Lightning

Post by tcm glx »

Looking great Chris. Baja here we come!
User avatar
Nick
Founder
Posts: 3973
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:36 pm
Bronco Info: 1995 bird poop target
Location: La Habra Ca.

Re: Chris' Ocho Cinco Bronco build aka White Lightning

Post by Nick »

Looking good Chris! I bet you're excited.
"If at first you don't succeed, it may be cheaper to buy it."
User avatar
Polarcub
Posts: 1949
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:53 pm
Bronco Info: 95 Eddie Bauer and 95 XLT still in the shop........
Location: Brighton, TN

Re: Chris' Ocho Cinco Bronco build aka White Lightning

Post by Polarcub »

Looking good
Jeremy
User avatar
philofab
Basura Blanca
Posts: 5643
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:37 am
Bronco Info: A pile of crap.
Location: Bullhead, AZ
Contact:

Re: Chris' Ocho Cinco Bronco build aka White Lightning

Post by philofab »

Are you sending the beams for powder coating?
Follow me on Instagram. @philofab1 or Youtube https://www.youtube.com/philofab/
BajaBronco13
Bronco Broker
Posts: 2434
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:00 am
Bronco Info: Bronco AKA The Silver Bullet
Location: Orange County, California

Re: Chris' Ocho Cinco Bronco build aka White Lightning

Post by BajaBronco13 »

philofab wrote:Are you sending the beams for powder coating?
No, unfortunately I ran out of time Philo so I rattle can'd them. Trying to get this ride ready for this weekend's Baja run.

Chris
BajaBronco13
Bronco Broker
Posts: 2434
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:00 am
Bronco Info: Bronco AKA The Silver Bullet
Location: Orange County, California

Re: Chris' Ocho Cinco Bronco build aka White Lightning

Post by BajaBronco13 »

Guess what I'm driving to Baja for the BajaHID Excursion run? ha ha ha.
User avatar
BajaF250
Posts: 2430
Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:47 pm
Bronco Info: 1982 Ford F250
Location: San Diego, CA
Contact:

Re: Chris' Ocho Cinco Bronco build aka White Lightning

Post by BajaF250 »

Hey Chris,
That looks great... you'll be very happy! Can't wait to see it when you get down here for the trip... :lol:

I'm just getting ready to rattle can mine too... no time to powder coat before the trip... I've also found that if I powder coat them, they are pain in the butt to work on should the need arise... it's very difficult to remove and it's a pain to weld on stuff that has powder coating on it... (plus, it stinks as it's burned off). I'm going to stick with paint for the time being.
BajaBronco13
Bronco Broker
Posts: 2434
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:00 am
Bronco Info: Bronco AKA The Silver Bullet
Location: Orange County, California

Re: Chris' Ocho Cinco Bronco build aka White Lightning

Post by BajaBronco13 »

So as some of you may know I'm having another Bronco being built right now but still have my hands on the white Bronco. The white Bronco is up for sale but the market is soft right now and I get the feeling I may have this truck for a while, hey there is nothing wrong with owning five Broncos and one Jeep CJ7, right? Ha ha ha

This weekend I decided to replace the cracked windshield, replaced the two power window motors and had a new muffler hanger welded up since I broke the original one at our Baja run in August:

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Now I'm really feeling like taking her out to Barstow soon.

Chris
BajaBronco13
Bronco Broker
Posts: 2434
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:00 am
Bronco Info: Bronco AKA The Silver Bullet
Location: Orange County, California

Re: Chris' Ocho Cinco Bronco build aka White Lightning

Post by BajaBronco13 »

Well you know what they say idle hands is the devil's workshop. Well I was hanging out at home and I thought hmmm time to pull off the passenger side fender with the broken bottom tab, John at Autofab said he'll fix it for me. And he said he'll cut out my side marker openings to mount my side amber marker lights.

So what started as just removing the fenders turned out to swapping out my front amber turn lenses to white lenses, removal of my lower valance and my skid plate. Next weekend I'll take a wire wheel to my engine cross member, front bumper, and front frame section. Spray everything down with chassis paint and call it done.

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

And just for Yikes, I'm rolling fenderless, ha ha ha

Image

Image
User avatar
hobbyturnedobsession
Posts: 4673
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:34 am
Bronco Info: 96 c/o w/ 5.0
Location: High Desert CA

Re: Chris' Ocho Cuatro Bronco build aka White Lightning

Post by hobbyturnedobsession »

Lookin good Chris! Are you keeping it?
I'm just here for the views. It helps me feel wanted.
BajaBronco13
Bronco Broker
Posts: 2434
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:00 am
Bronco Info: Bronco AKA The Silver Bullet
Location: Orange County, California

Re: Chris' Ocho Cuatro Bronco build aka White Lightning

Post by BajaBronco13 »

hobbyturnedobsession wrote:Lookin good Chris! Are you keeping it?
Thanks Randy but no, I won't be keeping her. Still up for sale but I figure if I'm going to cruise it until I sell it I might as well fix some of the little issues it has. My other Bronco won't be done for another month so at least I'll have something to take out to the desert until then.

Chris
User avatar
tcm glx
Peanut Butter
Posts: 7309
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:19 am
Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8
Location: Riverside Ca
Contact:

Re: Chris' Ocho Cuatro Bronco build aka White Lightning

Post by tcm glx »

WL getting some love.... nice!
User avatar
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Posts: 9194
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:46 am
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks
Location: Huntington Beach, CA

Re: Chris' Ocho Cuatro Bronco build aka White Lightning

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

You forgot the O Tony - it's the OWL (off-white lightening!)

Looking good Chris.
Owner of only dead and forgotten projects
User avatar
AussieRod
Posts: 2818
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:43 am
Bronco Info: 81 Bronco XLT, 250 alloy head crossflow 6, NP435/NP208, 4:10 gears, 31-10.5R15 M/Ts.
Location: Downunder

Re: Chris' Ocho Cuatro Bronco build aka White Lightning

Post by AussieRod »

its good to see the FRANKENBOLT is still serving you well, Chris. Havent the cops stopped you for that yet??? :shock: Thats a killer!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
BajaBronco13
Bronco Broker
Posts: 2434
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:00 am
Bronco Info: Bronco AKA The Silver Bullet
Location: Orange County, California

Re: Chris' Ocho Cuatro Bronco build aka White Lightning

Post by BajaBronco13 »

Today I said good bye to good old White Lightning. She treated me well and I truly enjoyed her in Baja but now she's gone and in good hands. She is now owned by Mike aka GBF Member "Only1Mikey". Glad it went to someone who appreciates the 80-86 front end as Mike said there is no updated clip in WL's future.

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

I know lots of pics but hey it's like when you're kid is leaving home for college, lol.

Chris
Post Reply