Andy (Silverslk) 1995 Bronco (slow project)

frank!
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:28 pm
Bronco Info: 1989 stock bronco

Re: Andy (Silverslk) 1995 Bronco (slow project)

Post by frank! »

sorry for the late postings but i love the look of your bronco..... did you have any lift when you were running 35 and glass fenders? besides th leveling kit....?
User avatar
Silverslk
Posts: 1932
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:13 pm
Bronco Info: 1995 Eddie Baur Bronco......GONE to a better home
Location: Garden Grove, CA
Contact:

Re: Andy (Silverslk) 1995 Bronco (slow project)

Post by Silverslk »

frank! wrote:sorry for the late postings but i love the look of your bronco..... did you have any lift when you were running 35 and glass fenders? besides th leveling kit....?

No new updates. Went out and chased for a 9 car and ended up pulling the lower mount of the body for the drivers side fender bracket. It's parked in the street and hasn't been washed since before the race. I have a new project taking most of my weekends.

35's were added with just leveling kit, glass and new bumper. After ripping the lower shock mount off the beam and blowing the other side I threw on the C&T and coil buckets.

New Project. Was GIVEN to me by Ex-father in-law and needed carbs cleaned. I've been tinkering with it every weekend since getting it but already enjoying not sitting in traffic!!!
Attachments
resize FZR R side.JPG
resize FZR R side.JPG (108.66 KiB) Viewed 1863 times
resize FZR L side.JPG
resize FZR L side.JPG (91.92 KiB) Viewed 1863 times
SteveG wrote:The point? It's amazing these front ends go down the road straight in any form! The TTB is brute. A broad sword and not a scalpel. That's why I love it!
frank!
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:28 pm
Bronco Info: 1989 stock bronco

Re: Andy (Silverslk) 1995 Bronco (slow project)

Post by frank! »

so did you have to do any special modifications to the front after adding the leveling kit? will i need new shocks i have an 89 bronco
User avatar
johncharlesb
Posts: 510
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:59 pm
Bronco Info: 1962 f100, 1995 Bronco

Re: Andy (Silverslk) 1995 Bronco (slow project)

Post by johncharlesb »

Silverslk wrote:New Project. Was GIVEN to me by Ex-father in-law and needed carbs cleaned. I've been tinkering with it every weekend since getting it but already enjoying not sitting in traffic!!!
Hey a Fizzer, nice. Those are good bikes; they are super reliable and fast. They are a tad bit heavy for a proper road race bike. I think that bike is just under 500lbs stock. I had one with a pipe and carb kit. It would pull the front a mile high easily in first with power alone. The weak point with those bikes is the clutch. It is the same clutch as the fzr400 and the clutch basket will explode when you drag race it. Falcon (sp?) made a forged clutch basket years back. Take it easy launching at the races and with the clutch wheelies and it will last.
User avatar
philofab
Basura Blanca
Posts: 5643
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:37 am
Bronco Info: A pile of crap.
Location: Bullhead, AZ
Contact:

Re: Andy (Silverslk) 1995 Bronco (slow project)

Post by philofab »

Hey Andy, that's a lot of bike if you're a beginner. Have you ridden before?
Follow me on Instagram. @philofab1 or Youtube https://www.youtube.com/philofab/
User avatar
Silverslk
Posts: 1932
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:13 pm
Bronco Info: 1995 Eddie Baur Bronco......GONE to a better home
Location: Garden Grove, CA
Contact:

Re: Andy (Silverslk) 1995 Bronco (slow project)

Post by Silverslk »

philofab wrote:Hey Andy, that's a lot of bike if you're a beginner. Have you ridden before?

1988 VTR250
1988 HT650 Hawk
1988 CBR600 Hurricane
1990 ZX600R Ninja
1993 Ducati 900SS
1998 GSXR 750
1999 GSXR600
1997 ZX-9R Ninja

Can't think of them all. Also listed as a test rider on Dan Gurney's Alligator Motorcycle and rode my GSXR on Streets of Willow with Eddie Lawson.......fat pig FZR1000 is nothing. haha

Been licensed since I was 16 (15.5 permit riding to school).
SteveG wrote:The point? It's amazing these front ends go down the road straight in any form! The TTB is brute. A broad sword and not a scalpel. That's why I love it!
User avatar
Silverslk
Posts: 1932
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:13 pm
Bronco Info: 1995 Eddie Baur Bronco......GONE to a better home
Location: Garden Grove, CA
Contact:

Re: Andy (Silverslk) 1995 Bronco (slow project)

Post by Silverslk »

And because anyone can run their mouth....... :D
Attachments
IMG_4931.JPG
IMG_4931.JPG (88.79 KiB) Viewed 1821 times
SteveG wrote:The point? It's amazing these front ends go down the road straight in any form! The TTB is brute. A broad sword and not a scalpel. That's why I love it!
User avatar
philofab
Basura Blanca
Posts: 5643
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:37 am
Bronco Info: A pile of crap.
Location: Bullhead, AZ
Contact:

Re: Andy (Silverslk) 1995 Bronco (slow project)

Post by philofab »

Just checking. I see people get old liter bikes all the time and think that they are slow because they were made in the 80s. All that stuff had just as much power but heavy and no handling.
Follow me on Instagram. @philofab1 or Youtube https://www.youtube.com/philofab/
User avatar
Silverslk
Posts: 1932
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:13 pm
Bronco Info: 1995 Eddie Baur Bronco......GONE to a better home
Location: Garden Grove, CA
Contact:

Re: Andy (Silverslk) 1995 Bronco (slow project)

Post by Silverslk »

frank! wrote:so did you have to do any special modifications to the front after adding the leveling kit? will i need new shocks i have an 89 bronco
I can't remember right off hand. I did change out the shocks but I think it was because Tony (TCM GLX) scored me some OEM replacement Bilsteins from the junk yard. haha

Maybe someone will chime in and help answer that.

Philo, I hear you. My GSXR750 had 115RWHP, the ZX-9r had 121RWHP and the FZR1000 is rated at 145BHP so they are all similar power wise it's just the FZR is 550 wet vs 440wet for the GSXR. You can feel the weight in it and the brakes suck too.
SteveG wrote:The point? It's amazing these front ends go down the road straight in any form! The TTB is brute. A broad sword and not a scalpel. That's why I love it!
User avatar
philofab
Basura Blanca
Posts: 5643
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:37 am
Bronco Info: A pile of crap.
Location: Bullhead, AZ
Contact:

Re: Andy (Silverslk) 1995 Bronco (slow project)

Post by philofab »

Silverslk wrote:Philo, I hear you. My GSXR750 had 115RWHP, the ZX-9r had 121RWHP and the FZR1000 is rated at 145BHP so they are all similar power wise it's just the FZR is 550 wet vs 440wet for the GSXR. You can feel the weight in it and the brakes suck too.
Yea. All my friends want to ride my '79 GS1000 cause they think it looks cool. ~130+ HP, lots of torque, and no suspension. It's not forgiving. Someone asked me to use it for taking their MC endorsement test. I told them that was not a good idea.
Follow me on Instagram. @philofab1 or Youtube https://www.youtube.com/philofab/
BajaBronco13
Bronco Broker
Posts: 2434
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:00 am
Bronco Info: Bronco AKA The Silver Bullet
Location: Orange County, California

Re: Andy (Silverslk) 1995 Bronco (slow project)

Post by BajaBronco13 »

Silverslk wrote:And because anyone can run their mouth....... :D
Damn Andy you're the OG TRON in that outfit. Nice bike by the way.

Chris
User avatar
tcm glx
Peanut Butter
Posts: 7309
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:19 am
Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8
Location: Riverside Ca
Contact:

Re: Andy (Silverslk) 1995 Bronco (slow project)

Post by tcm glx »

Any updates to sharee andy....????!!!????
User avatar
Silverslk
Posts: 1932
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:13 pm
Bronco Info: 1995 Eddie Baur Bronco......GONE to a better home
Location: Garden Grove, CA
Contact:

Re: Andy (Silverslk) 1995 Bronco (slow project)

Post by Silverslk »

tcm glx wrote:Any updates to sharee andy....????!!!????
I washed the Bronco and hit one fender with rubbing compound and wax??? I would post a pic but cant resize on this computer.
SteveG wrote:The point? It's amazing these front ends go down the road straight in any form! The TTB is brute. A broad sword and not a scalpel. That's why I love it!
User avatar
tcm glx
Peanut Butter
Posts: 7309
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:19 am
Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8
Location: Riverside Ca
Contact:

Re: Andy (Silverslk) 1995 Bronco (slow project)

Post by tcm glx »

Silverslk wrote:
tcm glx wrote:Any updates to sharee andy....????!!!????
I washed the Bronco and hit one fender with rubbing compound and wax??? I would post a pic but cant resize on this computer.
LMAO!!! Stop being stingy
User avatar
Silverslk
Posts: 1932
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:13 pm
Bronco Info: 1995 Eddie Baur Bronco......GONE to a better home
Location: Garden Grove, CA
Contact:

Re: Andy (Silverslk) 1995 Bronco (slow project)

Post by Silverslk »

tcm glx wrote:
Silverslk wrote:
tcm glx wrote:Any updates to sharee andy....????!!!????
I washed the Bronco and hit one fender with rubbing compound and wax??? I would post a pic but cant resize on this computer.
LMAO!!! Stop being stingy
OK. Sorry for the crappy cell phone pic but its all I had handy. It is not installed yet just setting there to see how it will look.
Attachments
GPS.jpg
GPS.jpg (31.88 KiB) Viewed 1694 times
SteveG wrote:The point? It's amazing these front ends go down the road straight in any form! The TTB is brute. A broad sword and not a scalpel. That's why I love it!
User avatar
tcm glx
Peanut Butter
Posts: 7309
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:19 am
Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8
Location: Riverside Ca
Contact:

Re: Andy (Silverslk) 1995 Bronco (slow project)

Post by tcm glx »

10.4" of pure bliss!! Your gonna love baja with that thing!
User avatar
Nick
Founder
Posts: 3973
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:36 pm
Bronco Info: 1995 bird poop target
Location: La Habra Ca.

Re: Andy (Silverslk) 1995 Bronco (slow project)

Post by Nick »

You guys and your big gps's... compensating for lack of size elsewhere??? :lol:
"If at first you don't succeed, it may be cheaper to buy it."
User avatar
Silverslk
Posts: 1932
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:13 pm
Bronco Info: 1995 Eddie Baur Bronco......GONE to a better home
Location: Garden Grove, CA
Contact:

Re: Andy (Silverslk) 1995 Bronco (slow project)

Post by Silverslk »

Nick wrote:You guys and your big gps's... compensating for lack of size elsewhere??? :lol:
YEP!!!

Size of my wallet.....I got a SMOKIN deal on this, I've seen 540's go for more!!! :D
SteveG wrote:The point? It's amazing these front ends go down the road straight in any form! The TTB is brute. A broad sword and not a scalpel. That's why I love it!
User avatar
Nick
Founder
Posts: 3973
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:36 pm
Bronco Info: 1995 bird poop target
Location: La Habra Ca.

Re: Andy (Silverslk) 1995 Bronco (slow project)

Post by Nick »

To bad it can't double as a dvd player.
"If at first you don't succeed, it may be cheaper to buy it."
User avatar
Silverslk
Posts: 1932
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:13 pm
Bronco Info: 1995 Eddie Baur Bronco......GONE to a better home
Location: Garden Grove, CA
Contact:

Re: Andy (Silverslk) 1995 Bronco (slow project)

Post by Silverslk »

Nick wrote:To bad it can't double as a dvd player.
I totally thought that yesterday. :lol:
SteveG wrote:The point? It's amazing these front ends go down the road straight in any form! The TTB is brute. A broad sword and not a scalpel. That's why I love it!
Post Reply