94 Raptor killer

cs_drums
Bronco Info: 94 5.8 Bronco w/dreams of being finished

Re: 94 Raptor killer

Post by cs_drums »

Andy Jones wrote:Could you post up some pics of the whole set up?.
I got rid of the ABS stuff and ran rear brake proportion adjuster, 2lb residual valves frt & rear and all new hardlines in the frame rails. The front hard line end at a bulk head dropping through the bottom of the frame rail right infront of the radius arm pivot. The rear goes to SS braided at just above the upper limit strap mount, runs down the limit strap, t-bulkhead next to the lower limit mount and out to the calipers.

- This pic is older I have a shorter line to the proportioning valve to get rid of the loop-
The rear set up-

Front-

From the research I have done the swelling is a thing of the past and not a concern with current construction of lines and puncture can be mitigated with proper routing and securing. All brakes do is slow you down anyway ; )
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

cs_drums wrote:From the research I have done the swelling is a thing of the past and not a concern with current construction of lines and puncture can be mitigated with proper routing and securing. All brakes do is slow you down anyway ; )
I've been reading that as well. Which is why I'm considering more flex line on the next project after dealing with the tube bender, etc. on this one...
Owner of only dead and forgotten projects
cs_drums

Post by cs_drums »

Ever have those days when your hands, eyes and welder say f*^k you! I hate welding shitty body sheet metal. One setting to hot one to cold i gues thats why the make flaper disc ;) The driver side shock panels are done but picks wont e up till the dynamat and carpet are on haha. Moral of the story is quit while your behind and start fresh another day.
D1cker1
Bronco Info: 93 EB Bronco 12"Over 40" BFG projects 5.13 gears in a 8.8... 1 seat and stripped Interior

Post by D1cker1 »

cs_drums wrote:Ever have those days when your hands, eyes and welder say f*^k you! I hate welding shitty body sheet metal. One setting to hot one to cold i gues thats why the make flaper disc ;) The driver side shock panels are done but picks wont e up till the dynamat and carpet are on haha. Moral of the story is quit while your behind and start fresh another day.
I have those days when I work on the croc..I just decided to pay the experts.
It's costs me much less to have it completed properly than me... Fuçking it up.
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

agreed those days SUCK! And yes, welding to the body BLOWS!

Still - you've got the right idea = move on before you eff things up too bad & come back at it later on. Always seems to go smoother the second time around for some reason.
cs_drums

Post by cs_drums »

ChaseTruck754 wrote:agreed those days SUCK! And yes, welding to the body BLOWS!

Still - you've got the right idea = move on before you eff things up too bad & come back at it later on. Always seems to go smoother the second time around for some reason.
Thats why I alternate what side I start each project on. So I have crappier work spread from side to side not just one shitty side and one good side.

Sometimes you have to step back and not dwell on stuff that performance and saftey arent a factor. Do I cut out and reweld a panel that will be coverd with dynamat and carpet... i think not.
cs_drums

Post by cs_drums »

The panels are done! Need to get some dynamat and carpet on them this is of course a luxury trophy bronco.
cs_drums

Post by cs_drums »

so what happened to the edit feature?
ESHALLBETTER
Bronco Info: 85 class 3, 70's somthing trail bronco.

Post by ESHALLBETTER »

It was removed from the site. It may or may not come back.
ESHALLBETTER
Bronco Info: 85 class 3, 70's somthing trail bronco.

Post by ESHALLBETTER »

Bronco looks like it is coming along good though! (The no edit thing is really going to up my post count! haha!)
Kel Fab Creations
Bronco Info: 95 Bronco

Post by Kel Fab Creations »

Looks great!
SteveG
Admin
Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)

Post by SteveG »

ESHALLBETTER wrote:(The no edit thing is really going to up my post count! haha!)
Unintended benefits. Our numbers are going to look better on paper!

The Bronco looks great... can't wait to see it done!
Andy Jones
Bronco Info: In the Works!

Post by Andy Jones »

What's size is your bench? Broncos looking good!
cs_drums

Post by cs_drums »

Andy Jones wrote:What's size is your bench? Broncos looking good!
42"
cs_drums

Post by cs_drums »

Update- Got the battery mounted and wired.

Next I have to put the sender bung in a new trans pan I got, drop the old pan drain the converter, put the punisher vb in as well as the shift linkage or the gated shifter. Hopefully drive it around by next weekend.
bajascott
My belly is my best friend
Bronco Info: its black, its fun to drive,and i dont have enough money to build it the way i want to!:)

Post by bajascott »

Awsome!
Rmc
El Jefe
Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner

Post by Rmc »

I think your ride looks bad ass start to finish. I have a dust collecting 1450 that I wanna scrap due to me being my own worst critic. Don't sweat any ugly work, when working with factory bodies it all sucks, and the smell of that body glue stays with u for a while. I'm liking the progress & can't wait to see vids of it airborn. Very cool bronc bro.
cs_drums

Post by cs_drums »

Rmc wrote:I think your ride looks bad ass start to finish. I have a dust collecting 1450 that I wanna scrap due to me being my own worst critic. Don't sweat any ugly work, when working with factory bodies it all sucks, and the smell of that body glue stays with u for a while. I'm liking the progress & can't wait to see vids of it airborn. Very cool bronc bro.
Thanks man! I can't wait to make videos of it airborne!!
cs_drums

Post by cs_drums »

Got some work done today. Lot of clean up. Got the temp sender in. My buddy tig'd both sides so hopefully no leaks.
Some extra gussets on the dash/a-pillar/engine cage junction. My buddy has seen this area fail on other trucks.

2 cases of amsoil tranny fluid ... Check
Punisher valve body.... Check
Art carr shifter shaft.. check
Filter, gasket and new pan ... Check
Hoping a tranny with 150k will last long enough to be worth the effort...... Checcckkk
1Hondalover
Bronco Info: Having so much fun with friends in Baja, we're not sure if we want to race NORRA.....

Post by 1Hondalover »

cs_drums wrote:Thanks guys! Fortunately I have a tig, mig and a buddy to help. I am gonna buzz buzz all the sheet metal/sheet metal seams, grind them and my buddy is gonna tig all the sheet to tubing so it looks nice. Weld Party!!!! Im really happy with how it is coming out.

Has any body used Al's liner?
http://www.alsliner.com/alsliner

I saw it in off road this month, researched it and it looks pretty cool. You can get a heat and noise reducer additive as well to further the insulation. I am thinking of shooting the inside and the outer fenderwells as well. Any thoughts?
Finally had the time to read through your entire build and I'm impressed.....right down to the happy wife/life part. Unfortunately I didn't get to experience the fabrication of my Bronco, but it's better for me because I'd have taken 6 years to get where you have in 2 with the irons I've got in the fire. Great job on your ride so far!

Now that I've had some time to inventory my rig, I've seen there are several cleanup and completion projects to tackle in no more than the next year. My interior is all (painted) but raw sheet metal, both factory and fabricated much like yours. This discussion was the beginnning of your comments, followed recently by Dynamat and carpet. What are your current thoughts about what you're going to use inside and out? Have you checked out Dynamat's Dynadeck for the inside?

Like the others I'm interested in our progress.....where are you located?