Chris' 84 Bronco
- ChaseTruck754
- Spy/Ninja
- Posts: 9194
- Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:46 am
- Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks
- Location: Huntington Beach, CA
Re: Chris' 84 Bronco
True - it's not. It's even MORE gay - hahahaha
Owner of only dead and forgotten projects
- Silverslk
- Posts: 1932
- Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:13 pm
- Bronco Info: 1995 Eddie Baur Bronco......GONE to a better home
- Location: Garden Grove, CA
- Contact:
Re: Chris' 84 Bronco
At least they were/are Diesels. Thats manly right? hahahaha
SteveG wrote:The point? It's amazing these front ends go down the road straight in any form! The TTB is brute. A broad sword and not a scalpel. That's why I love it!
- crashdean
- Posts: 34
- Joined: Sat May 15, 2010 9:00 pm
- Bronco Info: Sleeper 1993 White OJ looking Bronco
Re: Chris' 84 Bronco
Glad to see the Bronco lives on Chris. Every time I follow your Bronco, I will have to laugh to myself at that red tailgate. I hate to see these things just die and go away. I was sad to see all my work disassembled in a matter of hours. Not to fear, I found a 1993 with my name on it. I will post later on if it goes through. I figured the other Bronco was a great platform to build everything I needed. That's way you make things unbolt so you can reuse them. The pile of parts for the new Bronco is just waiting to be reused. Enjoy to love Chris......
- cwrisley
- Posts: 798
- Joined: Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:17 am
- Bronco Info: 1992 Bronco..........
- Location: El Cajon, CA.
Re: Chris' 84 Bronco
A big thank you Mike. These parts are gonna spruce up the ol 84! I cant wait to get everything on.
Im sure the 93 will be too cool. Cant wait to see it parked next to a baja bug.....!
Im sure the 93 will be too cool. Cant wait to see it parked next to a baja bug.....!
@cwriz
- ChaseTruck754
- Spy/Ninja
- Posts: 9194
- Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:46 am
- Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks
- Location: Huntington Beach, CA
Re: Chris' 84 Bronco
And just when I thought you were getting pretty close on the other one. Please tell me you saved all the parts you had made and they will be going on the new '93 soon!!crashdean wrote:Glad to see the Bronco lives on Chris. Every time I follow your Bronco, I will have to laugh to myself at that red tailgate. I hate to see these things just die and go away. I was sad to see all my work disassembled in a matter of hours. Not to fear, I found a 1993 with my name on it. I will post later on if it goes through. I figured the other Bronco was a great platform to build everything I needed. That's way you make things unbolt so you can reuse them. The pile of parts for the new Bronco is just waiting to be reused. Enjoy to love Chris......
Owner of only dead and forgotten projects
- crashdean
- Posts: 34
- Joined: Sat May 15, 2010 9:00 pm
- Bronco Info: Sleeper 1993 White OJ looking Bronco
Re: Chris' 84 Bronco
Everything that I made for the 91 will unbolt and go onto the 93. I won't have time to install it for a few months since the baby will be here soon. I know it's like cheating since I just bought a running Bronco instead of fixing mine, but lack of time will do that. And I still have the wheels you sold me....
- ChaseTruck754
- Spy/Ninja
- Posts: 9194
- Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:46 am
- Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks
- Location: Huntington Beach, CA
Re: Chris' 84 Bronco
It's not cheating - it's smart. My views o this are changing as I age - haha.
Can't wait to see how the '93 turns out!
Can't wait to see how the '93 turns out!
Owner of only dead and forgotten projects
- cwrisley
- Posts: 798
- Joined: Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:17 am
- Bronco Info: 1992 Bronco..........
- Location: El Cajon, CA.
Re: Chris' 84 Bronco
Small update. New radiator, water pump, thermostat, and outlet (outlet shipped and comes tomorrow, old one broke). Not much since the 9 inch went it. New to me 5100's from Pelley.
And since no thread update is any good without pics....I offer this...

And since no thread update is any good without pics....I offer this...

@cwriz
- ChaseTruck754
- Spy/Ninja
- Posts: 9194
- Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:46 am
- Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks
- Location: Huntington Beach, CA
Re: Chris' 84 Bronco
I know where you got that pic - and there are a few very nice ones in that thread!
Owner of only dead and forgotten projects
- Joxracing
- Posts: 345
- Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:53 am
- Bronco Info: 1989 Ford F-150, 6" deaver in front...soon. 351w, 33" BFG MudTerrains
Re: Chris' 84 Bronco
I can't believe your going to the 92-96!
That's sad.
That's sad.
- cwrisley
- Posts: 798
- Joined: Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:17 am
- Bronco Info: 1992 Bronco..........
- Location: El Cajon, CA.
Re: Chris' 84 Bronco
....oh dear, here it comes......Joxracing wrote:I can't believe your going to the 92-96!
That's sad.
@cwriz
-
BajaBronco13
- Bronco Broker
- Posts: 2434
- Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:00 am
- Bronco Info: Bronco AKA The Silver Bullet
- Location: Orange County, California
Re: Chris' 84 Bronco
LOL, I haven't said anything.cwrisley wrote:....oh dear, here it comes......Joxracing wrote:I can't believe your going to the 92-96!
That's sad.
Chris
- cwrisley
- Posts: 798
- Joined: Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:17 am
- Bronco Info: 1992 Bronco..........
- Location: El Cajon, CA.
Re: Chris' 84 Bronco
...not yet anyways!
So I want to ask your guys opinon. Im gonna paint the hood/fenders/cowl before the install. I dont wanna be a white fender-er, but it seems like it will go with the brown until a decent paint job. I considerd pretty much all color combos, and short of rattle canning the whole truck (which Im not oppossed too) I think it might look the best. Rustoleum makes a brown that matches pretty good actually, I did my floors with it. But that might look goofy cuz there a few shades off.
So I want to ask your guys opinon. Im gonna paint the hood/fenders/cowl before the install. I dont wanna be a white fender-er, but it seems like it will go with the brown until a decent paint job. I considerd pretty much all color combos, and short of rattle canning the whole truck (which Im not oppossed too) I think it might look the best. Rustoleum makes a brown that matches pretty good actually, I did my floors with it. But that might look goofy cuz there a few shades off.
@cwriz
- ChaseTruck754
- Spy/Ninja
- Posts: 9194
- Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:46 am
- Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks
- Location: Huntington Beach, CA
Re: Chris' 84 Bronco
The spray paint will be more convincing than white Chris. While it may not match 100% it still looks like it "matches" from 20' away or at freeway speeds or whatever. It's worked for me in the past.
Owner of only dead and forgotten projects
- philofab
- Basura Blanca
- Posts: 5643
- Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:37 am
- Bronco Info: A pile of crap.
- Location: Bullhead, AZ
- Contact:
Re: Chris' 84 Bronco
My Bronco is blue Ace hardware spray paint.
Follow me on Instagram. @philofab1 or Youtube https://www.youtube.com/philofab/
- cwrisley
- Posts: 798
- Joined: Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:17 am
- Bronco Info: 1992 Bronco..........
- Location: El Cajon, CA.
Re: Chris' 84 Bronco
Bronco goes in Monday for final smog test. Once it passes, it will forever be registered in smog exempt zip!
However, it failed last week as "gross polluter". HC and CO through the roof! Incomplete combustion, so new plugs, cap, and rotor added (see dummy firing order thread). I also dumped a bottle of the "Garauntee Pass" fuel additive. I also adjusted the fuel/air mix to lean her out a bit for the test. Timing should be good, but Im going to check anyways.
Any other pre-smog recommendations? Cats are good, gas cap good, my visual inspection is good. I just need to burn hotter and cleaner!!
However, it failed last week as "gross polluter". HC and CO through the roof! Incomplete combustion, so new plugs, cap, and rotor added (see dummy firing order thread). I also dumped a bottle of the "Garauntee Pass" fuel additive. I also adjusted the fuel/air mix to lean her out a bit for the test. Timing should be good, but Im going to check anyways.
Any other pre-smog recommendations? Cats are good, gas cap good, my visual inspection is good. I just need to burn hotter and cleaner!!
@cwriz
- johncharlesb
- Posts: 510
- Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:59 pm
- Bronco Info: 1962 f100, 1995 Bronco
Re: Chris' 84 Bronco
Lean it out at the carb until it stumbles, then give it a hair out. Make sure you have a 195 stat in it. Crank up the initial advance to around 12 and up to 16 It might crank hard when warm and it may ping if you stand on it but it will help it run at low revs. It may run better through the revs depending on how much advance is in the distributor and the octane of fuel.
If you blew out the power valve with a backfire it will run rich as all hell.
If you blew out the power valve with a backfire it will run rich as all hell.
- DirtFiend602
- Posts: 385
- Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:07 pm
- Bronco Info: 86' go faster
- Location: baghdad, AZ
- cwrisley
- Posts: 798
- Joined: Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:17 am
- Bronco Info: 1992 Bronco..........
- Location: El Cajon, CA.
Re: Chris' 84 Bronco
I got most of the conversion done today. Only thing left is to wire up lights and set the lower valence.
Hood pin question: Should they be a pain is the ass to push through the hood? Mine are super tight, will fit fit through, but tight nonetheless. Just askin'!
Pics:
The "Before"


New painted core support



Hood pin question: Should they be a pain is the ass to push through the hood? Mine are super tight, will fit fit through, but tight nonetheless. Just askin'!
Pics:
The "Before"


New painted core support



@cwriz
