Chris' 84 Bronco
- Joxracing
- Posts: 345
- Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:53 am
- Bronco Info: 1989 Ford F-150, 6" deaver in front...soon. 351w, 33" BFG MudTerrains
Re: Chris' 84 Bronco
that would look...
...disgusting... but appealing.
...disgusting... but appealing.
- philofab
- Basura Blanca
- Posts: 5643
- Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:37 am
- Bronco Info: A pile of crap.
- Location: Bullhead, AZ
- Contact:
Re: Chris' 84 Bronco
There used to be kinda an oddball fellow here with an 80s Chevy sand drag/trail truck that had a bug front clip and a flatbed. He had some of the work done by Baja Shop. I wish I had taken a picture. It actually looked ok.cwrisley wrote:I think Im gonna mate a fiberglass baja bug hood to the front of the Bronco!!
Follow me on Instagram. @philofab1 or Youtube https://www.youtube.com/philofab/
- navynuke
- Posts: 180
- Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:24 pm
- Bronco Info: 82 Bronco with some goodies
- Location: Durham, NC
- Contact:
Re: Chris' 84 Bronco
Joxracing wrote:Bronco is looking siick, love the color!
as far as the front end goes, you are NOT a man until you drive the '89 style front end. nothing sexxxier than the boxiest front end ford ever made...
I still think that a jeep still has that title of boxiest front end ever.
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" Adam Savage
- cwrisley
- Posts: 798
- Joined: Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:17 am
- Bronco Info: 1992 Bronco..........
- Location: El Cajon, CA.
Re: Chris' 84 Bronco
Wow. Havent updated in awhile. But not much to update....
Just finished an entire cooling system replacement. Radiator and water pump both decided to revolt, so they were replaced. Does anyone know what a pain in the ass it is to find a 27 inch radiator? No one carries them. 1-800-radiator is local and hooked it up.
I recently replaced the pinon seal in the 8.8. Lasted for awhile but I think there were bigger issues. A few weeks later it was blowing gear oil everywhere. Rather than replace parts, Im replacing the whole rear end. 9 inch goes in tomorrow.
Been busy lately, not much time for the Bronco or 77. My job keeps me focused pretty much everyday. As a "probationary" firefighter, there are many tests both didactic and manipulative over the course of the first year on. I just passed my 6 month test. Eye on the prize. Getting ready for the 9 month test and the BIG 12 month. After that, its 30 years of living the dream!! I love my job!!
Just finished an entire cooling system replacement. Radiator and water pump both decided to revolt, so they were replaced. Does anyone know what a pain in the ass it is to find a 27 inch radiator? No one carries them. 1-800-radiator is local and hooked it up.
I recently replaced the pinon seal in the 8.8. Lasted for awhile but I think there were bigger issues. A few weeks later it was blowing gear oil everywhere. Rather than replace parts, Im replacing the whole rear end. 9 inch goes in tomorrow.
Been busy lately, not much time for the Bronco or 77. My job keeps me focused pretty much everyday. As a "probationary" firefighter, there are many tests both didactic and manipulative over the course of the first year on. I just passed my 6 month test. Eye on the prize. Getting ready for the 9 month test and the BIG 12 month. After that, its 30 years of living the dream!! I love my job!!
@cwriz
- cwrisley
- Posts: 798
- Joined: Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:17 am
- Bronco Info: 1992 Bronco..........
- Location: El Cajon, CA.
Re: Chris' 84 Bronco
And its official....again....
The 92-96 clip and goodies were sold, so I am commited to the flat nose. You're welcome Chris!!
The 92-96 clip and goodies were sold, so I am commited to the flat nose. You're welcome Chris!!
@cwriz
-
BajaBronco13
- Bronco Broker
- Posts: 2434
- Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:00 am
- Bronco Info: Bronco AKA The Silver Bullet
- Location: Orange County, California
Re: Chris' 84 Bronco
Thanks for reporting to APEMFB duty Chris!!! The APEMFB movement is glad to have your support.cwrisley wrote:And its official....again....
The 92-96 clip and goodies were sold, so I am commited to the flat nose. You're welcome Chris!!
Chris
- ChaseTruck754
- Spy/Ninja
- Posts: 9194
- Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:46 am
- Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks
- Location: Huntington Beach, CA
-
BajaBronco13
- Bronco Broker
- Posts: 2434
- Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:00 am
- Bronco Info: Bronco AKA The Silver Bullet
- Location: Orange County, California
Re: Chris' 84 Bronco
ha ha ha try as you will Steve but you can't stop the 80-86 movement.ChaseTruck754 wrote:Damn you Chris - both of you!
Chris
- ChaseTruck754
- Spy/Ninja
- Posts: 9194
- Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:46 am
- Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks
- Location: Huntington Beach, CA
Re: Chris' 84 Bronco
If I have to I will... 
- Attachments
-
- 0 005.jpg (61.16 KiB) Viewed 2185 times
-
- Bronco pile leaving (10-4-11).jpg (79.83 KiB) Viewed 2185 times
Owner of only dead and forgotten projects
- SteveG
- Admin
- Posts: 6177
- Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:25 am
- Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)
- Location: Arroyo Grande, CA
Re: Chris' 84 Bronco
Damn it. You didn't say it had bumper horns! I could have used the bolts.
Sho nuff,
SteveG
SteveG
- ChaseTruck754
- Spy/Ninja
- Posts: 9194
- Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:46 am
- Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks
- Location: Huntington Beach, CA
Re: Chris' 84 Bronco
sorry. If it helps any - they were LONG gone. I pretty much gave that FUGLY crap away.
Owner of only dead and forgotten projects
- cwrisley
- Posts: 798
- Joined: Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:17 am
- Bronco Info: 1992 Bronco..........
- Location: El Cajon, CA.
Re: Chris' 84 Bronco
As you may have read, the 8.8 was causing me some grief by blowing oil everywhere (including all over the back of the Bronco). So rather than rebuild it, it got replaced with a 9". Swap went suprisingly smooth. Everything bolted right up, parking brake cables ran, brakes bled, lugs tight....good to go. Found that my shocks are shot-out blown-out. Gonna order up a set of 5100's from Pelley on Friday.
So what should I expect from the 9"? It came from a stock 81 Bronco. Whats the gear ratio? I took it for a shake down run around town, didnt really notice a significant change (not that I was expecting any).
So what should I expect from the 9"? It came from a stock 81 Bronco. Whats the gear ratio? I took it for a shake down run around town, didnt really notice a significant change (not that I was expecting any).
@cwriz
- philofab
- Basura Blanca
- Posts: 5643
- Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:37 am
- Bronco Info: A pile of crap.
- Location: Bullhead, AZ
- Contact:
Re: Chris' 84 Bronco
It's most likely a 3.50 gear with a worn out Ford Trac-loc. The Trac-loc is a clutch style limited slip.
Stock 8.8 vs 9". The 8.8 will get you slightly better mileage. Both are extremely close on strength. 9" has better axle retention. 9" has a way better upgrade path.
Stock 8.8 vs 9". The 8.8 will get you slightly better mileage. Both are extremely close on strength. 9" has better axle retention. 9" has a way better upgrade path.
Follow me on Instagram. @philofab1 or Youtube https://www.youtube.com/philofab/
- AussieRod
- Posts: 2818
- Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:43 am
- Bronco Info: 81 Bronco XLT, 250 alloy head crossflow 6, NP435/NP208, 4:10 gears, 31-10.5R15 M/Ts.
- Location: Downunder
Re: Chris' 84 Bronco
X 2philofab wrote:It's most likely a 3.50 gear with a worn out Ford Trac-loc. The Trac-loc is a clutch style limited slip.
Stock 8.8 vs 9". The 8.8 will get you slightly better mileage. Both are extremely close on strength. 9" has better axle retention. 9" has a way better upgrade path.
- cwrisley
- Posts: 798
- Joined: Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:17 am
- Bronco Info: 1992 Bronco..........
- Location: El Cajon, CA.
Re: Chris' 84 Bronco
Found out that's exactly what it has. Thanks Philo!philofab wrote:It's most likely a 3.50 gear with a worn out Ford Trac-loc. The Trac-loc is a clutch style limited slip.
@cwriz
- cwrisley
- Posts: 798
- Joined: Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:17 am
- Bronco Info: 1992 Bronco..........
- Location: El Cajon, CA.
Re: Chris' 84 Bronco
Out with the old....


Naked shot...

In with the new...\


...and yes, the shocks have since been bolted up. But those are coming out in the next few days.


Naked shot...

In with the new...\


...and yes, the shocks have since been bolted up. But those are coming out in the next few days.
@cwriz
- crashdean
- Posts: 34
- Joined: Sat May 15, 2010 9:00 pm
- Bronco Info: Sleeper 1993 White OJ looking Bronco
Re: Chris' 84 Bronco
Nice to see you working on the Bronco even if it's not really big shocks and fenders Chris.
- cwrisley
- Posts: 798
- Joined: Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:17 am
- Bronco Info: 1992 Bronco..........
- Location: El Cajon, CA.
Re: Chris' 84 Bronco
Thanks Mike. I got the 9 inch from Danny. He offered up a Sandy Cone full floater thats been laying around, but I had to decline!
@cwriz

