My 95

Tanner287
Bronco Info: 95 351 4.5" beams full cage front to rear 9" q80 deavers

Re: My 95

Post by Tanner287 »

Yeah If I go the spray on route I don't want to do carpet so it needs to be durable. So I have some engine codes 23-has to do with the tps
32/33-has to do with the egr.
I had some vacume issues and I believe that's my problem im having trouble finding s good diagram can someone show me 2 things
From the right manifold the egr tube comes up and then to what I believe is the egr and a vacum line comes out of it, I have it routed over to the other side of the motor next to the distributer which has another line comig from it.
So is that how yours is?
Then the other line coming from that goes a little ways and it just ends I have no idea where it goes
Pwerwagn
Bronco Info: 95 ranger 1450 lots of giant parts

My 95

Post by Pwerwagn »

I've seen hnr and messed with it, IMO it needs to be covered by something in an offroad vehicle. But the Als liner is pretty legit, it would hold up inside great.
Tanner287

Post by Tanner287 »

I need to buy headers before I drive her again its so bad. From what I read ceramic bassanis are the golden ticket, I am going to get headers for now and get the y pipe down the road, may be a dumb question that I'm sure I know the answer too but I'll ask anyways haha I can run the bassani headers with my stock y pipe correct??

Also bassanis website says their y pipe with the cats isn't cali legal, I don't see why?
dtbback
Bronco Info: 1996 EB 351W!! First Bronco!! Plan: Prerunner/ Trail Rig/ SHTF All around Rig

Post by dtbback »

I'm pretty sure you can use the headers with the stock y pipe. Of you're not looking for new I think there are a few sets on CL.
Tanner287

Post by Tanner287 »

Okay I'll have a look, thank you!
De$ertBronco
Bronco Info: currently under the knife @ RICHER RACING!

Post by De$ertBronco »

yes you can use the bassani headers with the stock exhaust. If you use just their Y pipe and stock exhaust manifolds you need gasket rings, part# 150501. the bassani cats aren't CARB legal and would be pretty much just to pass a visual. I honestly don't think any smog guy would pass you if he actually looked, but maybe a cop would if you get pulled over?? That being said keep your stock stuff if you do buy their y pipe to put back on for smog purposes! oh and do yourself a favor and call Jim (Fairway Ford) @ 714-579-3892 for bassani... they are bassani's largest dealer and can sell cheaper than anyone. i probably shouldn't say how much I paid, but let's just say it was quite a bit cheaper than you can buy from autoanything.com
Tanner287

Post by Tanner287 »

Thanks so much! I'll definitely give them a call. Yeah I was looking at auto anything and they sure are pricey
De$ertBronco

Post by De$ertBronco »

I just talked to jim about mine and he told me you ordered them up :) stoked for ya!
Tanner287

Post by Tanner287 »

Yeah I wasn't going to order them but at that price I just decided to do it! Thanks so much for the info I almost ordered them off auto anything.

I forgot to ask but I think they come with gasket and hardware right? According to bassani's website it says all headers come with gasket and hardware.
I just wonder how good of a gasket they are because I heard people like to buy the aluminum gaskets
De$ertBronco

Post by De$ertBronco »

no probs man! gotta look out for my bronco brethren! haha yeah i told him he will probably have a few more guys calling him once the word gets out on here. I have read the same thing about using different gaskets and locking hardware... i was going to tackle that once i got them and took a look at what they provide.
Tanner287

Post by Tanner287 »

Yeah I read grade 8 hardware and a little longer I think?
Stock They are 3/8-16 x 3/4

I need these headers to drive it and it is a long weekend so I'll want to play if the headers get here so If the gaskets are some paper crap I'll run them for the weekend and order up the fancy ones. They are like 20-30 bucks for the percy aluminum.

I'm sure he loves you sending all these guys his way. My gfs dad may be ordering up a set as well soon
De$ertBronco

Post by De$ertBronco »

yeah you need 1" bolts... you can use the "stage 8" locking bolts, but i guess you have to trim the washers to fit some of the pipes cuz it is such a tight fit, the ford racing part number is M-9432-A51. I will probably just use what they give me, i cant see them sending crap with quality headers. yeah the funny thing is i am assistant parts manager for ken grody ford so it is weird sending people to another dealer for parts!!! but hey like i said i gotta help my brothers out!!
Tanner287

Post by Tanner287 »

Hahaha that's pretty funny man, and yeah I can't imagine it's crap stuff since all I hear is how nice bassani is. I'll end up getting the y pipe down the road but the headers took all my play money. Girlfriend doesn't know I ordered them yet hahaha whoops
Tanner287

Post by Tanner287 »

I want to build a rear bumper with a hitch in it so I can use this little stand that goes into your hitch so I can throw my bike on back.
Iv always wanted to cruise the bronco out to the track and now that it's done-well the major stuff, I'm sure it will never be "done" I want to be able to. There's some pretty cool bumpers on here people have built. I think Cho bumper is my favorite
jjconn
Bronco Info: 1995 5.0, 6"JBG prerunner

Post by jjconn »

I ordered the bassani shorty ceramic headers and offroad y pipe, fired it up yesterday it sounded so good, I am adding a high flow cat and a flowmaster super 10 should be very loud.
jjconn
Bronco Info: 1995 5.0, 6"JBG prerunner

Post by jjconn »

I too ordered from Jim such a great place to deal with
De$ertBronco

Post by De$ertBronco »

haha shoot man we should have hit him up for a GFB group buy! Cho is lookin at buying a set too!
Tanner287

Post by Tanner287 »

Dangit! Haha oh well I was happy with the deal we got,
What did you pay for the y pipe if you don't mind me asking?

I'm hoping to get my headers today or tomorrow and I'll get them on this weekend, and so I talked to Bobby over at solo and I'll be taking the bronco to them next Saturday, I had slight rubbing on my bypasses after my last trip and i said I was going to try some 1/4" spacers but now that the Broncos back together I painted the shocks and can see im still rubbing so he told me to bring it in and he's going to change the bypass mounts to bring it in a little more.
Tanner287

Post by Tanner287 »

:D :D yessssss they will go on tomorrow after work

De$ertBronco

Post by De$ertBronco »

awesome man! So i got the y pipe yesterday morning and asked the ups driver where the second package was and he said he didn't have another one. i figured maybe it went on a different truck and patiently waited for the second ups delivery late in the day and still no headers!! i called jim and got the tracking number and it showed delivered and signed by a "marc" which i don't have here. I was like great here we go, i am going to have to file a claim and go through all this crap to get another set while some dude probably sells my headers! I called ups and for some strange reason they delivered them to the BOSE store in the outlet mall across the street! bose/bassani... close i guess? haha anyways cant wait to put these bad boys on!