RMC's el hefe build.

fomoco51
Bronco Info: 1992 bronco project

Re: RMC's el hefe build.

Post by fomoco51 »

Ouch. But I feel your pain. My transmission fluid heat exchager on my dodge took a crap last monday and filled my radiator with transmission fluid and vise versa. $1,350 later and I'll get my truck back tomorrow. Been borrowing a friend of mines honda for a week and keep hitting my head getting in and out. "Tall guy problems" hahaha
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

ugh - the typical cummins heat exchanger that goes bad? I'd say have them take that sucker off if you didn't yet. Everybody I've talked to dumps the things!
fomoco51

Post by fomoco51 »

I asked them to but since I took it to the same shop that rebuilt my transmission. They wouldn't warranty the transmission if it failed. Almost 200,000 miles before it went out.
fomoco51

Post by fomoco51 »

Damn no edit. They won't warranty the transmission without the stupid thing
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

bummer. From what I've read 200k is a long life for those. Bummer they can't put a typical cooler in instead & keep the trans warranty.
Rmc
El Jefe
Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner

Post by Rmc »

I forgot to mention something that chapped my ass a bit on my fri the 13th... So a local offroad shop ( I won't name names) tried to sell me junk. So I hit these guys up cause I needed a dealer to buy that bassani y pipe, the shop looked into it supposedly told me it was discontinued and they would get another brand that was comparable. So me being trusting said ok, the dude ordered an " aluminized competitor" turns out it was a galvanized pos that he charged my card 275$ for. It looked exactly like a wright or dormer type unit I could get for 35$ off parts geek. So I told him for 275$ I could order a bunch of stainless stuff off summit and make it myself and for him to return it. Then I told him put the difference toward my deavers, which he did. heres the funny part, he saved me 50$ bucks over retail on the deavers and charged me a 50$ restocking fee. seems to me he just made 15$ off me for 1 phone call and 2 mouse clicks, just saying. So today I called bassani n guess what? Yup you guessed it they said "we still make them but you'll need to call a distributor, talk to him as he might not be able to sell it for street use" I explained I was aware of it being for offroad use only, thanks for your time.
How you like those apples. Wtf I say?
jjconn
Bronco Info: 1995 5.0, 6"JBG prerunner

Post by jjconn »

I got mine from fairway sport http://www.go2fairway.com/parts.spparts Jim hooked it up big time got equal length headers and Y-pipe. Super nice on the phone and like everyone I have talked to so far about this bronco out west he was super helpful too! Would highly recommend them.
Rmc
El Jefe

Post by Rmc »

Thank you.
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

What do I say? I say you name names & out who wronged you! No need to send more business to people like that.
Wrightracing.net
Bronco Info: 1972 Bronco with an 86 chassis, full cage and Long travel coil-over suspension.

Post by Wrightracing.net »

I agree, give a heads up on who to avoid. Although I have know Howard, the original owner of ORW for 30 years, when he sold the company, the hiring of unqualified people that could talk a good game as long as you were a newbie to off roading or just a street driver of a 4wd. Now when I do have to deal with them, I will only deal with one guy and if he is not there I will wait until I can.

Just my 2 cents
Rmc
El Jefe

Post by Rmc »

So you agree dude was trying to screw me I take it.
So if the guy threw it in the dumpster he made 15$ if he returned it and the vendor had free shipping he made 50$. granted these are small dollar amounts but its about character to me. All the guy would have had to say was were not a bassani dealer.
BDKW1
Bronco Info: It's the new and inproved Party Barge!

Post by BDKW1 »

This is why there is only 2 people I will deal with. Wally or Baja Mike.
Rmc
El Jefe

Post by Rmc »

Where did baja mike end up anyway? He went to orw but I heard he no longer works for them.
BDKW1

Post by BDKW1 »

? He was still working there last week when I talked to Wally.
Rmc
El Jefe

Post by Rmc »

He hasn't been there the past 5 times I've been there ( temecula store), I could call him if I needed him but I'm sure I'm wrong about it. Aaron is my normal sales guy. He's cool. But ya I'm going to give the other shop the benifit of the doubt because I've seen the stock replacement y pipes range from 249$ to 35$. Ill be watching and comparing very closely though. Main reason I'm giving these guys a shot is cause they say they can beat orw, Kartek, and mckenzies prices. We shall see. I rarely buy stuff in a physical store these days anyway. The bassani pipe ill try to mail order as well, that is as soon as I recoup my losses on the desiel and the deavers.
robertcrav
Let me google that for you
Bronco Info: Lana - Stock width c/t coil-overs/bypasses -- Sylvia - Stock width 4" Rancho kit on Billies

Post by robertcrav »

Are you buying a catted y - pipe or cat less ?
BDKW1

Post by BDKW1 »

My understanding is that Mike wasn't tied to a particular store, more of a mobile sales rep.
tvoymang
Bronco Info: (Former) 90' Bronco 351W

Post by tvoymang »

I follow nexgen on instagram and they have a pretty bitchin pic of your bronco on there =)
Rmc
El Jefe

Post by Rmc »

:D
fomoco51

Post by fomoco51 »

I think otter is selling a bassani 3" y pipe on Craigslist Merced.