Lowrance XOG update & map load - problems
Posted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:18 am
I've got this shiny new tiny Lowrance XOG unit specifically for the impending baja trip. I went and bought a nice 16 gb SD card so I'd have plenty of room for maps. Of course, it only takes the old cards so I had to run back out and find that, mission accomplished. Now I'm back at the computer with my 2gb card that is now being recognized. I've made sure it's in the "unlocked" position but I'm continuing to fail software updates (currently using 1.6 driver software when 1.8 version is available). I don't have a separate card reader so I can't simply transfer files over to the blank card.
Errors occurred during the installation.
One or more errors occurred during the copying of files (files1) . Please refer to the install log for additional information.
One or more errors occurred during the copying of files (bean2) . Please refer to the install log for additional information.
One or more errors occurred during the copying of files (bean3) . Please refer to the install log for additional information.
java.io.IOException: Could not create directory G:\_uninst
ServiceException: (error code = -30017; message = "The system cannot find the path specified. (3)"; severity = 0)
I've attempted to download and use the stand-alone installer but I get the exact same errors. It doesn't seem to be able to "create the uninstaller" right at the start. It just sits at 0% for 20 seconds before switching over the the failure error. I've also downloaded the map file for the trip and tried to drag it over to the SD disk and it fails because the drive is locked. This shouldn't be that difficult... ideas?
Errors occurred during the installation.
One or more errors occurred during the copying of files (files1) . Please refer to the install log for additional information.
One or more errors occurred during the copying of files (bean2) . Please refer to the install log for additional information.
One or more errors occurred during the copying of files (bean3) . Please refer to the install log for additional information.
java.io.IOException: Could not create directory G:\_uninst
ServiceException: (error code = -30017; message = "The system cannot find the path specified. (3)"; severity = 0)
I've attempted to download and use the stand-alone installer but I get the exact same errors. It doesn't seem to be able to "create the uninstaller" right at the start. It just sits at 0% for 20 seconds before switching over the the failure error. I've also downloaded the map file for the trip and tried to drag it over to the SD disk and it fails because the drive is locked. This shouldn't be that difficult... ideas?