Page 1 of 1

Hello

Posted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:39 pm
by usmcgunrock
Well I don't have a Bronco but I have an Explorer, is that close enough? First thing I would like to say is thank you for your support. I was deployed to Afghan earlier this year with a small Marine team training locals. I was sent a couple care packages with some of the donations from the members of this site. It hit the spot since we had no store at our small FOB and had to have everything mailed in. So on behalf of the whole team I would like to say thank you.

Now back to the introduction. My name is John. I am a active duty Marine stationed at Camp Pendleton, CA. I just bought a house in Murrieta Hot Springs area. I do not currently have a Bronco but I have owned one in the past. I do have an Explorer that I am slowly building as my military salary allows me to. I grew up around baja racing and the desert. Mainly bikes and got into cars around the age of 14. I joined the site to help with the building of my Explorer and also help support those who supported me.

Explorer specs

93
4x4
auto
Auto Fab 16" kit
SAW shocks
Deavers
Bilstiens shocks and bumps
tub wheel wells
rear shock/spare cage
4.88 gears
PWR trans cooler w/fan

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

Re: Hello

Posted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:46 pm
by Nick
First off, thank you for your service to our country! Next, welcome to the site. This isn't a broncos only site, all are welcome, we have a few members that have had expos in the past, and are considering getting back into them.

Please start a build thread in the non broncos forum.

Re: Hello

Posted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:18 pm
by philofab
Welcome to the site. Nice Expo too!

Re: Hello

Posted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:25 am
by SteveG
Welcome, John! It's good to have you here!

Re: Hello

Posted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:33 am
by BajaF250
Welcome shipmate! First and foremost, thank you for your sacrafice and service to our country! It's not a job everyone can do and I know it's tough. What a great Explorer... we all hope to see you out on the group outings! I think you'll find some great resources here and it certainly looks like you already know how to build a truck! Well done! Semper Fi!

Re: Hello

Posted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:15 am
by RuggedRadios
welcome to the site. Very nice Expo.

Re: Hello

Posted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:58 am
by hobbyturnedobsession
nice expo, and glad to see another new obsessor

Re: Hello

Posted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:45 pm
by usmcgunrock
Thanks for the comments. When ever I get a chance to put togeather a build write up and pictures I will get it in the builds section. Been putting in a lot of hours at work. Come the begianing of next year though the Explorer should be getting the front end reworked. I am between running the autofab dana 44 or dana 35 with coilovers or just hyme the raduis arms I have, run hydo bumps, and large bypass in front of the coil. All three will get a single swinger steering upgrade.

Re: Hello

Posted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:58 pm
by SteveG
usmcgunrock wrote:I am between running the autofab dana 44 or dana 35 with coilovers or just hyme the raduis arms I have, run hydo bumps, and large bypass in front of the coil. All three will get a single swinger steering upgrade.
If you stay with the stock width D35, don't waste your money on adding heims to those radius arms. You won't get any seat of the pants performance increase and no difference in wheel travel.

Pete Albano's Ranger is stupid-fast on a stock width D28, bushing radius arms and coil-overs.

The O.G. link-killer:

Re: Hello

Posted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:57 am
by usmcgunrock
The main reason I was looking to add heims was for serviceablity and durability. I have to have some fab work done with the radius arms already anyways, hydro bump pads. Although I do like the idea of a old school style setup. Coils, leafs, bushings, and bypasses.

Re: Hello

Posted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:25 am
by SteveG
usmcgunrock wrote:The main reason I was looking to add heims was for serviceablity and durability. I have to have some fab work done with the radius arms already anyways, hydro bump pads. Although I do like the idea of a old school style setup. Coils, leafs, bushings, and bypasses.
Make sure you use rubber bushings. They hold up best. Poly splits and cracks.