Page 1 of 1

Green Machine

Posted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:06 am
by Indk240
Hello, My name is Tristan. I'm a Trauma ICU nurse in Portland, Or. I'm a long time car guy but new to 4x4s and Broncos. Last year I bought a retired Forest service Bronco. 1996 XL 5.0 w/ E4OD and manual hubs.

Since purchasing I've put a desolate Motorsports leveling kit on it, 33" Milestar Patagonia M/Ts, Coker tire 15x10 smoothie wheels, ambulance steering arms, summit racing, headers, powerstop slotted and cross drilled rotors, warn premium locking hubs, and msd ignition components.

I have 4.10 gears for the rear but need gears for the front and differentials for both.

Plan is to make her into a gofast camper, something. Decent in the sand, rocks, and mud, but not necessarily exceptional at anything.

Image

Image

Image

Re: Green Machine

Posted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:26 am
by Becks_Bronco
So jealous, my dream bronco was always a retired forest service rig. That one looks to be in fantastic shape.

Re: Green Machine

Posted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:56 am
by PotBellyWill
Love it! Mine is an Ex Forest Service truck also, out of Northern CA. Unfortunately, owner before me painted it. Future plans sound good to me, similar to what I do with mine.

Re: Green Machine

Posted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:32 am
by zachwabbit
Welcome man! I think I’ve see. This thing somewhere online before.. nice to see another Bronc on steelies!

Re: Green Machine

Posted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:57 pm
by zachwabbit
*seen

Re: Green Machine

Posted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:47 pm
by SteveG
Welcome. I immediately thought of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fc-7FXzbeA0

Re: Green Machine

Posted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:39 pm
by Indk240
SteveG wrote:Welcome. I immediately thought of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fc-7FXzbeA0
Heavy

Re: Green Machine

Posted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:40 pm
by Indk240
zachwabbit wrote:Welcome man! I think I’ve see. This thing somewhere online before.. nice to see another Bronc on steelies!
I posted photos on FSB of my run at the gambler 500 last year, maybe that's where you saw it

Re: Green Machine

Posted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:44 pm
by Indk240
PotBellyWill wrote:Love it! Mine is an Ex Forest Service truck also, out of Northern CA. Unfortunately, owner before me painted it. Future plans sound good to me, similar to what I do with mine.
It's just such a good truck for that. Future plans are:

5spd swap (have M5 in my garage)
Deavers and fox shocks for rear
4 inch springs, extended radius arms, and cut and turn
Heads, cam, explorer intake manifold.

Re: Green Machine

Posted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:45 pm
by Indk240
Becks_Bronco wrote:So jealous, my dream bronco was always a retired forest service rig. That one looks to be in fantastic shape.
Thanks man, I really got lucky with a straight body and good paint, milage was a little high and interior a little haggard but overall a great truck

Re: Green Machine

Posted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:09 pm
by zachwabbit
Indk240 wrote:
zachwabbit wrote:Welcome man! I think I’ve see. This thing somewhere online before.. nice to see another Bronc on steelies!
I posted photos on FSB of my run at the gambler 500 last year, maybe that's where you saw it
Nah I haven’t been on FSB in years, it was probably instagram. Funny enough, my first Bronco was a 5-speed ex-forestry rig too

Re: Green Machine

Posted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:38 am
by Becks_Bronco
What’s your Instagram?

Re: Green Machine

Posted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:35 pm
by Indk240
Becks_Bronco wrote:What’s your Instagram?
Historytothedefeated is my personal page but I also have a PNW truck spotting page called projectsnpatinapnw