Page 1 of 1

Mounty71's Introduction

Posted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 11:09 pm
by mounty71
I've been lurking here for quite a while now and I frequent some other similar forums so some of you may be familiar with my truck. My name's Matt and I have a '00 Mercury Mountaineer V8 I've slowly been building and enjoying for the last 13 years. I've always had a thing for old Fords and one day I know I'll own a Bronco, but we've had at least one Explorer in my family since I was a kid and I can't seem to shake my love for them. I won't go into much detail about it since it's pretty well documented on other parts of the internet, but here she is:

ImageImage

The basics of the current setup are a pieced-together 4.5"+ LT kit, custom Deaver pack, and a Bronco 8.8. While I have a ton of fun with my truck the way it is, I find myself heading more into the mountains than the desert these days and (call me crazy) I have dreams of conquering the Rubicon Trail, so I'll soon be getting started on a 4wd conversion by way of converting to TTB. I've been stockpiling parts for a while and doing as much research as I can fit into each day. I've already been able to find answers to many questions here and I know I'll have more. I'm also still on the hunt for some parts so I'll be on the lookout for those as well.

Posted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 4:25 am
by robertcrav
Nice, welcome!

Re: Mounty71's Introduction

Posted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 5:24 am
by johncharlesb
Welcome, it is good to see you here. These guys are a great bunch of folks. You should consider starting a thread for your truck as it sits now so everyone can see your work. I would like to see that rear tire carrier on the stock skinned bumper, and the 4.5+ front.

Re: Mounty71's Introduction

Posted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:55 am
by ChaseTruck754
Man I love exploders. I sometimes miss my '91. Such great all around vehicles and dirt cheap starting points now-a-days.

While I am definitely a forum whore I haven't seen the buildup on this and I'd be interested. If you don't want to take the time to post all the pics here - how about a link instead?

Re: Mounty71's Introduction

Posted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 12:37 pm
by toddz69
Welcome! Love your truck.

Todd Z.

Re: Mounty71's Introduction

Posted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 1:01 pm
by Nick
Why not go into much detail? Brag it up! It's a very cool ride, and well, most of us are too lazy to go looking for all the info on it.

And welcome, by the way!

Mounty71's Introduction

Posted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 1:15 pm
by mounty71
Haha alright I'll add some more when I get a chance later. Thanks for the compliments!

Re: Mounty71's Introduction

Posted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:30 pm
by SteveG
Cool rig!