Page 1 of 1

Newbie from Michigan

Posted: Fri May 16, 2014 11:55 am
by busa13oo
Hello All!

This is my first truck build but I have been building and drag racing cars for a good portion of my life. I bought a '96 Bronco with the 351W/E4OD along with the dreaded push-button t-case. It had what I think is a super lift 4" kit and over-sized bushwacker fender flares to allow the 35's to fit. I just started tearing the front suspension apart to build a DIY long travel kit. left the drop brackets but have everything else off now. Currently working on radius arms and shock hoops and plan on linking the rear. Initially going with 2.5 coil-over resi's at all four corners but will build in provisions for bypasses so I can add at a later date if I find it necessary (I know I will at some point). I have group of friends here in MI with trucks with similar suspensions (one of these friends has one of the first Camburg built rangers) so I have an idea of what I'm aiming for. It will probably get a turbo or supercharged small block in the future (from one of the drag cars) but I'm concerned with the suspension first. Just building a toy, I guess. I actually found this site looking for shock hoop ideas and it seemed like there was a good group of people here. Sorry abou the crappy photo, I know I took a better one but I can't seem to find it now.

Re: Newbie from Michigan

Posted: Fri May 16, 2014 12:15 pm
by Rmc
Welcome to gfb. Don't forget to start a build thread, we love pictures. If you have questions quite a few around here are happy to help. Good luck on the build.

Re: Newbie from Michigan

Posted: Fri May 16, 2014 4:13 pm
by Nick
Welcome!

Re: Newbie from Michigan

Posted: Fri May 16, 2014 6:27 pm
by robertcrav
Welcome! Be interesting to see you go turbo...wish we didn't have the restrictions we do out here in Ca.

Re: Newbie from Michigan

Posted: Fri May 16, 2014 7:58 pm
by johncharlesb
Welcome from Milford Mi. There are a couple of us Michiganders on here, even a Yooper.

Re: Newbie from Michigan

Posted: Sat May 17, 2014 10:25 pm
by Gilbee01
Welcome from the Rockies .. Yes pics make us drool.

Re: Newbie from Michigan

Posted: Mon May 19, 2014 7:16 am
by busa13oo
robertcrav wrote:Welcome! Be interesting to see you go turbo...wish we didn't have the restrictions we do out here in Ca.
I was at KOH this year for work and for the first time found a place in Cali that I really liked; the desert. I'm not much for the city and traffic. When I was wandering around the pits and elsewhere admiring the equipment; I was wondering why all the prerunner stuff had stock or nearly stock engines. It was on the way out to there from Ontario on the second day when me and my co-worker realized it was emission related. It may be a while before I get the turbo motor in but it will happen.

Re: Newbie from Michigan

Posted: Mon May 19, 2014 7:25 am
by ESHALLBETTER
Welcome to the site from a fellow midwesterner.

Re: Newbie from Michigan

Posted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:26 pm
by Mojo
Welcome to the site...