Page 1 of 1

New guy!! Kinda

Posted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:08 pm
by crisis88
Well, I figured I would stop lurking and start posting. I've been lurking for quite some time now. This is my second bronco.

I'll sum up my bronco history as quickly as possible

The first was a 88 I purchased from a friends tow yard, not running, tags years out of date and bone stock. I got it running after replacing every sensor under the hood. Got it to pass smog and it was off to the races. Got lucky and found a full lift kit in the junk yard 200 dollars later and a set of broken in springs a friend had on his f150, and the lift was done. Got rid of it because I DD it and I never got it to run perfectly and it had a 302.

Image
IMG-20101229-00001 by chevelle_9903, on Flickr

Fast forward to 3 months ago, I got a deal on this bronco. This bronco belonged to a friend of mine. he used it as his chase vehicle/all around play toy. He did the front coil overs and front glass and that's where it stopped. Unfortunately for him he and his ex owned this bronco together and she got it when they split. And she just let it sit for a couple years. When I found out it was going up for sale I jumped at the chance to grab it. It needed a battery and a good tune up. I drained the fuel and it fired right up. Very strong motor, it is pulling double duty right now cause its my DD.

I didn't take any pics when I first got it. I'm terrible at picture taking so I only have a few pics. I put new glass on the front and the rear, and just got it out of paint. In the immediate future I'm looking at 4 + beams and a 9". I have 2 suspension seats getting re upholstered to match the tan interior and looking for 2 more. I'm still contimplating a cage. But knowing myself im sure I'll start building the cage soon.

Ok, ok pics. Here are the few I have

Image
IMG-20120314-00025 by chevelle_9903, on Flickr

Image
Ontario-20120326-00049 by chevelle_9903, on Flickr

Image
IMG-20120324-00048 by chevelle_9903, on Flickr

Re: New guy!! Kinda

Posted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:11 pm
by bajascott
Welcome! Nice ride!

Re: New guy!! Kinda

Posted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:16 pm
by crisis88
Thanks,



Jose

Re: New guy!! Kinda

Posted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:21 pm
by johncharlesb
You have a good looking Bronco. The silver sets it off. I don't see many silver Broncos around. Welcome to the site.

Re: New guy!! Kinda

Posted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:22 pm
by 93Broncobuff
Bitchin' Bronco Bro!!!

Re: New guy!! Kinda

Posted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:56 am
by 323bronco
Welcome. Very nice bronco.

Re: New guy!! Kinda

Posted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:04 am
by Andy Jones
Welcome! Love the silver!!

Sent from my T-Mobile G1 using Tapatalk

Re: New guy!! Kinda

Posted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:29 pm
by Mojo
welcome Jose..... I saw your 1st Bronco on Craigslist when I was looking, then I think I saw it driving in Menifee a few months ago. The new one looks awesome!!!

Matt

Re: New guy!! Kinda

Posted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:47 pm
by crisis88
thanks guys for the warm welcome. alot of familiar screen names on here... i was very active on shoptalk but needed a little more, so i got a bronco. :D

thanks mojo, glad to hear my 88 is still on the road. i really hated to see it go. i stood and watched until it was out of sight.. i wasnt sure if it was going to a good home or not. glad it did.
well im glad i picked silver, it almost ended up flat black, glad that didnt happen.

i hope to make it out to the desert with you guys soon. already met a couple guys at coffee last month, hope to make it to barstow at least for the day.


thanks again guys,
Jose

Re: New guy!! Kinda

Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:00 pm
by hobbyturnedobsession
Welcome to the site! Sorry I'm a tad late. It was good meeting you at coffee.

Re: New guy!! Kinda

Posted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:04 am
by tcm glx
Welcome to the site! Agree with the others, that silver sets it off!

Re: New guy!! Kinda

Posted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:28 pm
by crisis88
Thanks guys I appreciate it.


Maybe you guys can help me, I feel kinda stupid right now. How do you load a avatar picture? I guess this is why i have never had avatar pics on any of the boards I've been a part of.

Thanks,
Jose

Oh by the way I'm using Flickr to host pics

Re: New guy!! Kinda

Posted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:51 am
by hobbyturnedobsession
Hey I found that corner light you need! I'll bring it with me this weekend.

Re: New guy!! Kinda

Posted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:59 pm
by crisis88
Thanks HTO, can't wait until Saturday. Are you still thinking of a night run Saturday?

Re: New guy!! Kinda

Posted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:26 pm
by hobbyturnedobsession
Definitely! I didn't wire mY h.I.d.s for show! Well maybe I did haha. Well pop that out and swap em before nightfall.

Re: New guy!! Kinda

Posted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:33 pm
by Pre Run It
Welcome, it was good meeting you this past sunday at coffee. See you this weekend in Barstow.

Re: New guy!! Kinda

Posted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:55 pm
by greaslife
night run is a must. i am going too have day light in front of me haha you will see

Re: New guy!! Kinda

Posted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:27 pm
by robertcrav
Welcome, and nice!

I really like the silver, in my top 3 of color choices when I repaint mine....