Tio Vics Ride
- bajascott
- My belly is my best friend
- Posts: 2006
- Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:29 pm
- Bronco Info: its black, its fun to drive,and i dont have enough money to build it the way i want to!:)
- Location: southern oregon
- Contact:
Re: Tio Vics Ride
good to hear he is ok, that is too bad he hadthe accident,i have been in a simaler senerio once before and it was scary!
im glad he his ok
im glad he his ok
- Silverslk
- Posts: 1932
- Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:13 pm
- Bronco Info: 1995 Eddie Baur Bronco......GONE to a better home
- Location: Garden Grove, CA
- Contact:
Re: Tio Vics Ride
SOOOO glad he is ok. You should have told me, I would have come down there yesterday and seen him. As for Jessica....she did him well. I am sure he is glad he wasnt in a FJ cruiser hitting a truck!!
Vic, recover quick and get another bad ass ride!!!
Vic, recover quick and get another bad ass ride!!!
SteveG wrote:The point? It's amazing these front ends go down the road straight in any form! The TTB is brute. A broad sword and not a scalpel. That's why I love it!
- SteveG
- Admin
- Posts: 6177
- Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:25 am
- Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)
- Location: Arroyo Grande, CA
Re: Tio Vics Ride
Damn! I'm glad he's OK. Modern cars with crumple zones and airbags are great, but there is still something to be said for a full size truck....
Jelly 52. THAT-IS-AWESOME!
Jelly 52. THAT-IS-AWESOME!
Sho nuff,
SteveG
SteveG
- philofab
- Basura Blanca
- Posts: 5643
- Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:37 am
- Bronco Info: A pile of crap.
- Location: Bullhead, AZ
- Contact:
Re: Tio Vics Ride
I'm happy to hear he is ok. I hit a semi with my 2005 tundra back in 05 at 70 mph and was lucky enough to walk away. I know of a lightning that is available....
Follow me on Instagram. @philofab1 or Youtube https://www.youtube.com/philofab/
- Silverslk
- Posts: 1932
- Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:13 pm
- Bronco Info: 1995 Eddie Baur Bronco......GONE to a better home
- Location: Garden Grove, CA
- Contact:
Re: Tio Vics Ride
And you have a perfectly good 4x4 donor there (even has rebuilt transmission)......make sure you tell insurance about most recent repairs. They will add that in to payout.philofab wrote:I'm happy to hear he is ok. I hit a semi with my 2005 tundra back in 05 at 70 mph and was lucky enough to walk away. I know of a lightning that is available....
SteveG wrote:The point? It's amazing these front ends go down the road straight in any form! The TTB is brute. A broad sword and not a scalpel. That's why I love it!
Re: Tio Vics Ride
Good to hear he's Ok! Just read from start to finish thinking damn clean bronco.
- ChaseTruck754
- Spy/Ninja
- Posts: 9194
- Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:46 am
- Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks
- Location: Huntington Beach, CA
Re: Tio Vics Ride
Saw the email with that second pic last night and my heart dropped. Really glad to hear Tio is good to go. Sad to hear Jessica is no more though...
I look forward to seeing what Vic ends up with next. F-150 supercab could be cool, or another bronco would be sweet as well.
I look forward to seeing what Vic ends up with next. F-150 supercab could be cool, or another bronco would be sweet as well.
Owner of only dead and forgotten projects
- Silverslk
- Posts: 1932
- Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:13 pm
- Bronco Info: 1995 Eddie Baur Bronco......GONE to a better home
- Location: Garden Grove, CA
- Contact:
Re: Tio Vics Ride
I put my vote in on something with some wheelbase too!!!ChaseTruck754 wrote:Saw the email with that second pic last night and my heart dropped. Really glad to hear Tio is good to go. Sad to hear Jessica is no more though...
I look forward to seeing what Vic ends up with next. F-150 supercab could be cool, or another bronco would be sweet as well.
Don't get me wrong....I love my Bronco and wife will not sign off on Ex-cab F150. Says they are ugly and don't have enough interior space.
SteveG wrote:The point? It's amazing these front ends go down the road straight in any form! The TTB is brute. A broad sword and not a scalpel. That's why I love it!
- ChaseTruck754
- Spy/Ninja
- Posts: 9194
- Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:46 am
- Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks
- Location: Huntington Beach, CA
Re: Tio Vics Ride
I was going to say a crew cab F-250 (92-97 body style of course) with the d50 and a 7.3l diesel would be SWEET, but that may be a bit of a stretch so I left it at ex-cab F-150.
This is also for sale...
http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/91439 ... assis.html

This is also for sale...
http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/91439 ... assis.html

Owner of only dead and forgotten projects
- tcm glx
- Peanut Butter
- Posts: 7309
- Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:19 am
- Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8
- Location: Riverside Ca
- Contact:
Re: Tio Vics Ride
92-96 broncos or f150s are whathe asked me to start looking for.
Saw a nice 95 f1 on rdc, sent the guy an email, waiting to hear back.
Saw a nice 95 f1 on rdc, sent the guy an email, waiting to hear back.
- Nick
- Founder
- Posts: 3973
- Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:36 pm
- Bronco Info: 1995 bird poop target
- Location: La Habra Ca.
Re: Tio Vics Ride
Vehicles can be replaced, loved ones can't. Glad he is ok!
"If at first you don't succeed, it may be cheaper to buy it."
- yikes
- Founder
- Posts: 4138
- Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:51 am
- Bronco Info: 1996 with tires and stuff
- Location: Yucaipa, CA
Re: Tio Vics Ride
Holy smokes! Very glad to hear he's OK T. Similar thing just happened to a friend at work and he didn't fair too well. Hope everything works out to Vic's advantage with this. Sometimes a Merry Christmas means you're just happy to be alive.
Re: Tio Vics Ride
Wow. Makes you think - No replacement for steel. Glad everyones okay.
Was their any ticketing done to the driver of the semi?
Was their any ticketing done to the driver of the semi?
- hobbyturnedobsession
- Posts: 4673
- Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:34 am
- Bronco Info: 96 c/o w/ 5.0
- Location: High Desert CA
Re: Tio Vics Ride
Oh wow T that sucks. I'm glad to hear your bro is okay and that really bites about Jessica. Good protection. Like they say, vehicles can be replaced loved ones cant.
I'm just here for the views. It helps me feel wanted.
- tcm glx
- Peanut Butter
- Posts: 7309
- Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:19 am
- Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8
- Location: Riverside Ca
- Contact:
Re: Tio Vics Ride
Hey guys! First off, want to thank you all, this place truely kicks ass, so many have sent texts or emails asking how Vic is doing, I truly appreciate it.
He is home as of the Thursday (they made him spend one night in the hospital) and is doing well. I spent the day with him yesterday, he was really sore, today he says he feels much much less sore and way better.
Today, truly giving thanks that I have my family all in good health, and thanks to my extended wheeling family!
He is home as of the Thursday (they made him spend one night in the hospital) and is doing well. I spent the day with him yesterday, he was really sore, today he says he feels much much less sore and way better.
Today, truly giving thanks that I have my family all in good health, and thanks to my extended wheeling family!
-
Dezertbronco
- Posts: 652
- Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:29 am
- Bronco Info: 1990 Bronco EB
- Location: Highland, CA.
Re: Tio Vics Ride
Wow, Im glad he is ok. Sad about the truck but it can be replaced.
There is no substititute for Horsepower.
- tcm glx
- Peanut Butter
- Posts: 7309
- Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:19 am
- Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8
- Location: Riverside Ca
- Contact:
Re: Tio Vics Ride
A few more pics guys.... by the way, big thumbs up to keifer, his engine cage held up like a champ!! From doors back, looks like everything is salvageable. Will likely buy back to strip, and build another, obviously plent of components still in good shape here. One C/O looks like the shaft might be slightly bent, the other looks fine. Both air bumps are good. Beams look like maybe tweaked, radius arms look ok, but I would not want to use them, without at least buying new heims.
Talked to Vic a few times, and we are thinking of a full front package from Keifer (beams, arms, and his new engine cage) for a new build, just makes more sense




Talked to Vic a few times, and we are thinking of a full front package from Keifer (beams, arms, and his new engine cage) for a new build, just makes more sense




- hobbyturnedobsession
- Posts: 4673
- Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:34 am
- Bronco Info: 96 c/o w/ 5.0
- Location: High Desert CA
Re: Tio Vics Ride
Holy shista! Man how fast was he going?
I'm just here for the views. It helps me feel wanted.
- tcm glx
- Peanut Butter
- Posts: 7309
- Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:19 am
- Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8
- Location: Riverside Ca
- Contact:
Re: Tio Vics Ride
About 40, but remember, he hit a semi, specifically the trailer. The semi doesn't have crumple zones.
