Wardy wrote:Tony, If you please could refrain from showing "Build Pic's" of my old Bronco for a while.........although i'm EXTREMELY happy with my new ride, i still miss "The Bronc" as my daughter calls it........
Ha ha ha.... I will stop showing pics after next week Rory... for now, gotta entertain the supporters!!
So she is no longer the BRONC, she is more commonly referred to as Jessica (as in the tred head Jessica Rabbit) or RED.
tcm glx wrote:Big thanks to Pirate Lab for cutting me some slack and getting RED into the shop asap for rear bumper action:
Still in progress... .but here is a build pic:
Rear bumper looks good. I would just verify the clearance of the tailgate and second tube running parallel to the main tube when its down. Since the tailgate is not exactly flat and is somewhat convex in shape I believe we had to angle my outer tube down just a tad to make sure it didn't come in contact with tailgate.
tcm glx wrote:Big thanks to Pirate Lab for cutting me some slack and getting RED into the shop asap for rear bumper action:
Still in progress... .but here is a build pic:
Rear bumper looks good. I would just verify the clearance of the tailgate and second tube running parallel to the main tube when its down. Since the tailgate is not exactly flat and is somewhat convex in shape I believe we had to angle my outer tube down just a tad to make sure it didn't come in contact with tailgate.
Ok, so a little pictureless update.. (rory gets mad when I post pics!)
-Had the oils changed
-Had the interior shampoo'd and cleaned, outside washed, waxed, and detailed
-Installed Lowrance Baja 480 (nick, still using yours man)
-Added RCA's, and power wire for Subwoofer amp install
-Added Race Radio Antenna
-Installed Kenwood TM-271 VHF race radio
-Cleaned up misc wiring from removal of rear bumper
-Polished up the Alcoas
-Replaced rear window switch
Worked on it some more today.... .remounted the bumpers, including the rear one built at Pirate Lab. Mounted Three Hella 4000s, HID converted by Bajahid of course and then teflon'd half of the truck.... I wanted to see if a little elbow grease could pick the paint back up, and sure enough... it did!
BTW, sorry for the crappy cel phone pics.... the sun was in full effect, not allowing for great pictures.
Wow Tony, she looks good all detailed out! I knew the paint would look good if it got a little attention. I'd like to see the rear bumper all finished up w/powdercoat as well. Glad to see she's close to being complete, gonna have to start bending up some tube over here to start catching up AGAIN.
Ok, update. T minus 2 days for B500... .and the truck is ready!!
Did the following:
Fixed passenger side window
Replaced Serpentine belt
Added limit straps to the front
Replaced auto hubs with Warn Manual Premium
Topped off all fluids
Had Oil Pressure chkd, gauge apparently is a little off, pressure is perfect
Installed Cargo hooks to tie down stuff
Overall, Can not be happier with this rig! Tomorrow, getting the tires balanced, and she is ready to go! Drive her down and give my brother the keys... he hasnt even seen, let alone driven this fine ride!!!
t
Alright..... so a few updates, my brother put some elbow grease into the rig and washed, waxed, clay bar'd and tefloned the paint.... picked up the color quite a bit:
And wired up the Hellas, outside are 6k HID and center is a 3k HID
Well, took Jessica out last night on chase support duties for Kaveman. I would catiously say my brother is happy, you could not wipe the smile off his face with a poopy diaper , even if you tried.... he got to push it both before the race running up the whoops parralel to outlet center drive (said he was averaging mid 40s , keep in mind first time he has driven this hard) and then also got to run with us a couplke times to provide support in the course, she ran like a champ.
Chris got to drive her as well, and well, lets just say he made sure the bump stops were in "working order"......
I am super pleased to see just how happy my brother is with the ride, really brings true pride to her.
ha ha ha I'd like to describe it more like SKY, EARTH, SKY, EARTH but that was my driver error. Other then that hiccup it felt so good in the whoops. Loved being behind the wheel on Vic's ride. Now I gotta get the white bronco in shape for some desert pounding.
Hey Tony, he was happy on the freeway, happy on the track, probably even more happy he has a 33 gallon fuel tank now!!
SteveG wrote:The point? It's amazing these front ends go down the road straight in any form! The TTB is brute. A broad sword and not a scalpel. That's why I love it!
Silverslk wrote:Hey Tony, he was happy on the freeway, happy on the track, probably even more happy he has a 33 gallon fuel tank now!!
Yeah he sure was... good times all around, send me a text this morning when he got home and saiys " so pleased and impressed with how capable this thing is!!"