Hello hello...

Well? Who are you?
Froggmann
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:23 pm
Bronco Info: 93 Bronco sorta ex DD, ex Chase Truck, in retirement. Nick (Brokenbronco) knows me.

Hello hello...

Post by Froggmann »

Name's Ken, new to this site but not new to Broncos. I've had my 93 for 13 years now. I've broken a lot of parts, had a lot of fun and helped a few people along the way. The Bronco is basically in retirement now, at 260,000 miles and a pretty cracked up body I'm just nursing her along until I can think of doing a full rebuild. Until that time I'm keeping her roadworthy and doing little tweaks here and there to keep from going batty around the house.


Here's the Bronco from the old chase days:

Image

and here's how she sits now...


Image


Short term plans: raise the front or lower the rear and move the axle back a little bit (Shackle Flip). I'd also like to get the rear axle housing re-welded. I may be putting A/C back in the truck as well.
User avatar
robertcrav
Let me google that for you
Posts: 4313
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:06 am
Bronco Info: Lana - Stock width c/t coil-overs/bypasses -- Sylvia - Stock width 4" Rancho kit on Billies
Location: South O.C.
Contact:

Hello hello...

Post by robertcrav »

Welcome to the board
User avatar
Nick
Founder
Posts: 3973
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:36 pm
Bronco Info: 1995 bird poop target
Location: La Habra Ca.

Re: Hello hello...

Post by Nick »

Ken! It's great to have you here!
"If at first you don't succeed, it may be cheaper to buy it."
User avatar
hobbyturnedobsession
Posts: 4673
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:34 am
Bronco Info: 96 c/o w/ 5.0
Location: High Desert CA

Re: Hello hello...

Post by hobbyturnedobsession »

Welcome!
I'm just here for the views. It helps me feel wanted.
User avatar
ESHALLBETTER
Posts: 1588
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:49 am
Bronco Info: 85 class 3, 70's somthing trail bronco.
Location: Minneapolis, MN

Re: Hello hello...

Post by ESHALLBETTER »

Welcome aboard!
User avatar
yikes
Founder
Posts: 4138
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:51 am
Bronco Info: 1996 with tires and stuff
Location: Yucaipa, CA

Re: Hello hello...

Post by yikes »

Right on Ken! Been a long time man. Welcome to the site.
User avatar
93Broncobuff
Posts: 1012
Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:18 pm
Bronco Info: 1993, 351w, K&N,4" Bilstein 5100 lift, procomp coils, SSFAB Beams, Giant R/A's
Location: Huntington Beach, California

Re: Hello hello...

Post by 93Broncobuff »

welcome!
Froggmann
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:23 pm
Bronco Info: 93 Bronco sorta ex DD, ex Chase Truck, in retirement. Nick (Brokenbronco) knows me.

Re: Hello hello...

Post by Froggmann »

Thanks guys figured I would broaden my horizons by comming here and see how you guys do things around here. I know how to lift things, I know how to bash things now I want to learn how to glide over things.
Froggmann
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:23 pm
Bronco Info: 93 Bronco sorta ex DD, ex Chase Truck, in retirement. Nick (Brokenbronco) knows me.

Re: Hello hello...

Post by Froggmann »

I just found it ironic that both my diffs are parts from the founder's trucks. (Front is Yike's old diff and rear is Nick's old setup)
User avatar
Nick
Founder
Posts: 3973
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:36 pm
Bronco Info: 1995 bird poop target
Location: La Habra Ca.

Re: Hello hello...

Post by Nick »

I'm sure we can benefit from your knowledge as well, Ken.
"If at first you don't succeed, it may be cheaper to buy it."
User avatar
yikes
Founder
Posts: 4138
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:51 am
Bronco Info: 1996 with tires and stuff
Location: Yucaipa, CA

Re: Hello hello...

Post by yikes »

Froggmann wrote:I just found it ironic that both my diffs are parts from the founder's trucks. (Front is Yike's old diff and rear is Nick's old setup)
Can I have my old Diff back? I hate the open one. Haha?
Froggmann
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:23 pm
Bronco Info: 93 Bronco sorta ex DD, ex Chase Truck, in retirement. Nick (Brokenbronco) knows me.

Re: Hello hello...

Post by Froggmann »

Sure find me a 4.10 one and I'll give it back to you. (4.56 is a bit too short for my tastes)
User avatar
hobbyturnedobsession
Posts: 4673
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:34 am
Bronco Info: 96 c/o w/ 5.0
Location: High Desert CA

Re: Hello hello...

Post by hobbyturnedobsession »

Ill have 4.10 gears front n rear soon. The rear may be spoken for but unsure.
I'm just here for the views. It helps me feel wanted.
Froggmann
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:23 pm
Bronco Info: 93 Bronco sorta ex DD, ex Chase Truck, in retirement. Nick (Brokenbronco) knows me.

Re: Hello hello...

Post by Froggmann »

Might be a good thing I'm movin to your neighborhood then. But since this is my first house purchase I have a feeling I'm going to be hurtin for money for a little while.
User avatar
hobbyturnedobsession
Posts: 4673
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:34 am
Bronco Info: 96 c/o w/ 5.0
Location: High Desert CA

Re: Hello hello...

Post by hobbyturnedobsession »

Where are tou moving to?
I'm just here for the views. It helps me feel wanted.
Froggmann
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:23 pm
Bronco Info: 93 Bronco sorta ex DD, ex Chase Truck, in retirement. Nick (Brokenbronco) knows me.

Re: Hello hello...

Post by Froggmann »

Trying to get into Murtietta but anything between Elsinore, Sun city and Wildomar is on the list.
User avatar
hobbyturnedobsession
Posts: 4673
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:34 am
Bronco Info: 96 c/o w/ 5.0
Location: High Desert CA

Re: Hello hello...

Post by hobbyturnedobsession »

Sweet! I live off clinton keith
I'm just here for the views. It helps me feel wanted.
User avatar
FUFIMI
Posts: 611
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:24 pm
Bronco Info: 1965 Ford F100 (Señor Mostaza)
Location: Portland, OR

Re: Hello hello...

Post by FUFIMI »

Froggmann you should check out Nuevo, CA. It is 5-10 mins from sun city and it is smaller type town. It has great schools here (if you have any kids) and housings is cheaper then murrieta. I used to live in menifee and it was nice and all but now I live in Nuevo and I am much happier. You can also find a couple of acres here for reasonable prices if you want some land.
User avatar
hobbyturnedobsession
Posts: 4673
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:34 am
Bronco Info: 96 c/o w/ 5.0
Location: High Desert CA

Re: Hello hello...

Post by hobbyturnedobsession »

Be careful.... i live in a hoa....
I'm just here for the views. It helps me feel wanted.
User avatar
FUFIMI
Posts: 611
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:24 pm
Bronco Info: 1965 Ford F100 (Señor Mostaza)
Location: Portland, OR

Re: Hello hello...

Post by FUFIMI »

hobbyturnedobsession wrote:Be careful.... i live in a hoa....
No hoa in Nuevo haha
Post Reply