Page 1 of 2
Pop up trailer
Posted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:39 pm
by Nick
I have a small Palamino "Pony" pop up trailer for sale. I think it's an 89 or a 90 sleeps 4-6. It's in very good condition for it's age. Canvas is all good, no mold or mildew, no tears in the upolstery, floors are good. Asking $800obo located in La Habra, pm for more info

Re: Pop up trailer
Posted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:11 pm
by philofab
Has it got air conditioning? Microwave? Refrigerator? Is the trailer stable at 80+ mph?
Re: Pop up trailer
Posted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:02 pm
by Nick
philofab wrote:Has it got air conditioning? Microwave? Refrigerator? Is the trailer stable at 80+ mph?
No, no, no, maybe.
Re: Pop up trailer
Posted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:06 pm
by Polarcub
Dumb question Nick...How do these hold up in extreme wind ie Barstow? I need to do something I have killed 3 tents in the last year and a half
Re: Pop up trailer
Posted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:13 pm
by Nick
Polarcub wrote:Dumb question Nick...How do these hold up in extreme wind ie Barstow? I need to do something I have killed 3 tents in the last year and a half
It does well! We camped out at rainbow canyon in barstow, and the wind was howling, that trailer laughed at the wind! It is soooo much better than tenting it!
Re: Pop up trailer
Posted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:22 pm
by Polarcub
Nick wrote:Polarcub wrote:Dumb question Nick...How do these hold up in extreme wind ie Barstow? I need to do something I have killed 3 tents in the last year and a half
It does well! We camped out at rainbow canyon in barstow, and the wind was howling, that trailer laughed at the wind! It is soooo much better than tenting it!
Hmm will have to see if we can find some money maybe...... Good to know since I have been considering a pop up for us for awhile but the wind is my big concern.
Re: Pop up trailer
Posted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:48 pm
by Nick
Let me know if you'd like to check it out Jer.
Re: Pop up trailer
Posted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:01 pm
by Polarcub
Will do Nick, I dont think I can do anything though anytime soon...things are tough right now...lol
Re: Pop up trailer
Posted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:14 pm
by philofab
Now for a real question. Do you think that trailer could handle a 400lb quad strapped to the top of it in the down position? I'm thinking this would work well for me if I put larger tires on it and also transport my atv.
Re: Pop up trailer
Posted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:23 pm
by Nick
philofab wrote:Now for a real question. Do you think that trailer could handle a 400lb quad strapped to the top of it in the down position? I'm thinking this would work well for me if I put larger tires on it and also transport my atv.
I really don't think so, it is aluminium. What i would do, is build a removable rack for the top.
Re: Pop up trailer
Posted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:30 pm
by SteveG
How about a partial trade for some long travel Ranger/Explorer front ends parts?
Re: Pop up trailer
Posted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:33 pm
by Nick
SteveG wrote:How about a partial trade for some long travel Ranger/Explorer front ends parts?
How about a full trade for you doing my suspension install?
Re: Pop up trailer
Posted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:34 pm
by SteveG
Nick wrote:How about a full trade for you doing my suspensin install?
Sure. When?
Re: Pop up trailer
Posted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:35 pm
by philofab
Nick wrote:I really don't think so, it is aluminium. What i would do, is build a removable rack for the top.
Is there anything substantial to attach a rack to?
Re: Pop up trailer
Posted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:47 pm
by Nick
Sold.
Re: Pop up trailer
Posted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:49 pm
by BDKW1
How long is the box? It it's short enough you could turn it sideways on the front of a flat bed trailer and have a nice camper/toy hauler..........
Re: Pop up trailer
Posted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:10 pm
by philofab
That went fast.
Re: Pop up trailer
Posted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:36 am
by randomthoughtsracing
BDKW1 wrote:How long is the box? It it's short enough you could turn it sideways on the front of a flat bed trailer and have a nice camper/toy hauler..........
I saw some like that at KOH. Also many slide in campers on flat bed trailers.
Re: Pop up trailer
Posted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:01 am
by tcm glx
Nick, if that bad boy is going to Steve, I fully expect to see your rig ready to go in the next couple of months, lets get that Baja trip going!
Re: Pop up trailer
Posted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:19 am
by ChaseTruck754
My question is - what are you going to sleep in for the January trip to Pismo?