Page 1 of 1

Custom painted mailbox

Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:00 pm
by ChaseTruck754
Not sure I really want to part with this, but really don't have a use for it anymore and I have too much "stuff" to have it just sit here.

Had this at my old place for maybe 3-4 months before we moved out. It's now been sitting on a shelf in my shop for a few years waiting to go back into service. Looks like that won't happen as the new place doesn't have a street type mailbox like this.

Painted by my deadbeat, old room mate from an idea I mentioned.

Ones with just single color flames over the plain mailbox are going for $100 or more on CL and eBay so I guess I'll say $150 for this one.

Re: Custom painted mailbox

Posted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:54 am
by blueoval8493
I'd love this thing but the day I put it up the plow would take it out. Or some punk kid would come along drunk with a baseball bat.

Re: Custom painted mailbox

Posted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:58 pm
by hobbyturnedobsession
Thats when you fill it full of cement and watch out the window as the kids arms break mid swing

Re: Custom painted mailbox

Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:59 am
by blueoval8493
Lol...Then the kid would sue me. :lol:

Re: Custom painted mailbox

Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:05 am
by hobbyturnedobsession
Yeah but 10 bucks says he wouldnt do that again.

Re: Custom painted mailbox

Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:41 pm
by Jbfab
No concrete needed, just line the inside with 1/4" plate.

Re: Custom painted mailbox

Posted: Sun May 05, 2013 7:37 am
by ChaseTruck754
SOLD