Page 1 of 1

metal punch - perfect for making tabs, etc.

Posted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:45 am
by ChaseTruck754
I've got a second, Roper Whitney (now Whitney Jensen) metal punch I'm ready to part with. Just no need for 2 as I'm a one man shop, that isn't putting out much work anymore...

This is a "small" punch with a high capacity. Downfall is throat depth, but it's perfect for tabs, etc.

This is the #20 punch = 20 ton. It's a 1/2" hole through 1/2" plate capacity, although I've never tested it on anything that thick. I do know it'll do 1/4" stuff no problem.

Die sizes for this range from I believe 1/8" up to 13/16". They are available at roperwhitney.com

I'm selling this one with a 9/16" die included, and it can also come with a 1/2" and/or an 11/16" die at a bit of extra cost.

In checking just now there are 2 of these for sale on CL in So. Cal. 1 is at $350 with a base & 4 die sets:
http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/tl ... 64999.html

The second is at $280 with no dies.
http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/tls/4615848301.html


Here I'm asking $175 for the punch & 9/16" die & then $200 for punch & 2 dies or $220 for punch & 3 dies. Haven't posted on CL yet, but thinking I'll be pricing it higher there just for the annoyance factor of some of the flakes there. It'll also hit RDC & DR soon, but figured I'd give guys here a 1st shot.

Here's pics of the one for sale:
2.jpg
1.jpg
3.jpg

Re: metal punch - perfect for making tabs, etc.

Posted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:48 am
by ChaseTruck754
Here's a pic of the one I'm keeping in the hitch mount setup I made for my table.
Stand 1.jpg
Stand 2.jpg

Before making the above mount I just clamped the thing in the vise & it worked just fine. My vise also hooks into that hitch receiver on my table though, so this saved a step of getting that out.
You can also easily make a mount to permanently bolt it to a table. I just like the portability of this way.

Re: metal punch - perfect for making tabs, etc.

Posted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:50 am
by ChaseTruck754
Almost forgot - if you happen to live far away & are interested, this sucker looks like it'll fit in a medium size, flat rate box from USPS, so shipping anywhere in the US will be under $20!!!

Re: metal punch - perfect for making tabs, etc.

Posted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:25 pm
by ChaseTruck754
sale pending