1999 Toyota Tacoma ExtraCab - 4wd, 4cyl, 5 speed
- ChaseTruck754
- Spy/Ninja
- Posts: 9194
- Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:46 am
- Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks
- Location: Huntington Beach, CA
1999 Toyota Tacoma ExtraCab - 4wd, 4cyl, 5 speed
The time has come for me to part with my Tacoma.
I've owned the truck since February 2008 and it's been good to me, but since the little one's car seat won't fit in the back of it, I need something a bit bigger. Probably something with 4 doors.
The truck is a '99 Tacoma Extracab 4wd. It's got the 2.7L, 4 cyl. engine (224,xxx miles) and a 5 speed trans. Truck was a special order to get the 4wd, ex-cab, 4 cyl. & 5 speed. Took me a while to find one when I bought it.
The truck has the King coilover front suspension which lifts it about an inch or 2 over stock (kit is supposedly adjustable from 1-3" - I've never messed with it).
The rear suspension consists of newer model TRD leafs & basic gas type shocks. Nothing fancy there.
Tires are 33" BFG AT's and have lots of life left. These are mounted on Forged, Mickey Thompson wheels.
The truck has fiberglass front fenders & bedsides and a custom made, tubular rear bumper.
Front bumper is a 89-95 style that I put on as I thought this looked much cleaner than stock. I also bent up a small "skid plate" for the front, but this is much more a show piece than a true skid plate. It just cleaned up the look of the front & protected the radiator a little bit.
The truck also has a K/N intake system, a ceramic coated, LC engineering header (CARB legal), and a flowmaster muffler.
Like any truck this age, with this mileage it has some issues. These are small though, as I said this thing has been great/reliable and has never let me down.
The driver seat has a pretty big wear spot, but I have some beard seats that can go with the truck for a little extra.
The interior overall has it's share of wear, scratches & stains. This is a truck. And I used it as such. It went to races in Mexico & stateside & still has some dust in the vents I'm sure.
The front shocks need some clean up. I'll admit I was a bit lazy here. I live a mile from the beach & the salt in the air gets to stuff like that.
There is an oil leak at motor & t-case that I've dragged my feet on getting to fixing. It'll leave a little drip & mark it's spot. It has helped with coating the underside of the engine area though & works as great rust prevention!
Paint. I'd give it a 6 out of 10. It's all 1 color and the fiberglass was painted to match, but the paint on the cab & hood is checking/cracking. It was this way when I got it. I think it's from the drastic temp changes from hot to cold in Palmdale where I bought it. There is also a bit of "Mexican pin striping" on the truck. As I said - the truck has been to races & out in the dirt.
The window crank knobs need to be replaced. This is a low dollar fix I've been lazy about as it doesn't bother me. I'll see if I can't remember to stop by VatoZone & remedy this.
Oh, and that reminds me - the truck does NOT have power windows or doors. It's an sr5 = base model.
I think that's about it. If I forgot anything - feel free to ask.
I'm asking $7500 and will consider trades or partial trades for 4 door trucks. I can do cash on my end if what you've got is worth more.
I'm thinking another Tacoma, a Tundra or a Chevy 1500 or 2500. An extracab Tundra or Silverado might work if it's got the opening door for the extracab & the carseat will fit.
I've owned the truck since February 2008 and it's been good to me, but since the little one's car seat won't fit in the back of it, I need something a bit bigger. Probably something with 4 doors.
The truck is a '99 Tacoma Extracab 4wd. It's got the 2.7L, 4 cyl. engine (224,xxx miles) and a 5 speed trans. Truck was a special order to get the 4wd, ex-cab, 4 cyl. & 5 speed. Took me a while to find one when I bought it.
The truck has the King coilover front suspension which lifts it about an inch or 2 over stock (kit is supposedly adjustable from 1-3" - I've never messed with it).
The rear suspension consists of newer model TRD leafs & basic gas type shocks. Nothing fancy there.
Tires are 33" BFG AT's and have lots of life left. These are mounted on Forged, Mickey Thompson wheels.
The truck has fiberglass front fenders & bedsides and a custom made, tubular rear bumper.
Front bumper is a 89-95 style that I put on as I thought this looked much cleaner than stock. I also bent up a small "skid plate" for the front, but this is much more a show piece than a true skid plate. It just cleaned up the look of the front & protected the radiator a little bit.
The truck also has a K/N intake system, a ceramic coated, LC engineering header (CARB legal), and a flowmaster muffler.
Like any truck this age, with this mileage it has some issues. These are small though, as I said this thing has been great/reliable and has never let me down.
The driver seat has a pretty big wear spot, but I have some beard seats that can go with the truck for a little extra.
The interior overall has it's share of wear, scratches & stains. This is a truck. And I used it as such. It went to races in Mexico & stateside & still has some dust in the vents I'm sure.
The front shocks need some clean up. I'll admit I was a bit lazy here. I live a mile from the beach & the salt in the air gets to stuff like that.
There is an oil leak at motor & t-case that I've dragged my feet on getting to fixing. It'll leave a little drip & mark it's spot. It has helped with coating the underside of the engine area though & works as great rust prevention!
Paint. I'd give it a 6 out of 10. It's all 1 color and the fiberglass was painted to match, but the paint on the cab & hood is checking/cracking. It was this way when I got it. I think it's from the drastic temp changes from hot to cold in Palmdale where I bought it. There is also a bit of "Mexican pin striping" on the truck. As I said - the truck has been to races & out in the dirt.
The window crank knobs need to be replaced. This is a low dollar fix I've been lazy about as it doesn't bother me. I'll see if I can't remember to stop by VatoZone & remedy this.
Oh, and that reminds me - the truck does NOT have power windows or doors. It's an sr5 = base model.
I think that's about it. If I forgot anything - feel free to ask.
I'm asking $7500 and will consider trades or partial trades for 4 door trucks. I can do cash on my end if what you've got is worth more.
I'm thinking another Tacoma, a Tundra or a Chevy 1500 or 2500. An extracab Tundra or Silverado might work if it's got the opening door for the extracab & the carseat will fit.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
- ChaseTruck754
- Spy/Ninja
- Posts: 9194
- Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:46 am
- Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks
- Location: Huntington Beach, CA
Re: 1999 Toyota Tacoma ExtraCab - 4wd, 4cyl, 5 speed
I'm realizing I don't have too many pics of this truck. I just drove it rather than mess with it too much or take too many pics.
Here's a decent one, but this is before I switched to the black front bumper
Here's a decent, semi-recent one from the side. That weird looking thing on the back of the bed is a rack I made out of scrap to load my SUP's on. The pic below it shows it kind of in use.
Oh, here's a fun one to round out the 4 pics per post allowance. It's the Tacoma imitating Robby Gordon.
Here's a decent one, but this is before I switched to the black front bumper
Here's a decent, semi-recent one from the side. That weird looking thing on the back of the bed is a rack I made out of scrap to load my SUP's on. The pic below it shows it kind of in use.
Oh, here's a fun one to round out the 4 pics per post allowance. It's the Tacoma imitating Robby Gordon.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
- ChaseTruck754
- Spy/Ninja
- Posts: 9194
- Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:46 am
- Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks
- Location: Huntington Beach, CA
Re: 1999 Toyota Tacoma ExtraCab - 4wd, 4cyl, 5 speed
With the recent heat I've been reminded that I forgot to say this truck has AC! Works perfect!
And here's a couple more pics. Interior stuff (including crappy driver's seat) & engine bay this time.
And here's a couple more pics. Interior stuff (including crappy driver's seat) & engine bay this time.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
7D6F250
- Posts: 228
- Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:21 pm
- Bronco Info: i drive a 76' F250 and a 09' F350
- Location: Trabuco Canyon SoCal
Re: 1999 Toyota Tacoma ExtraCab - 4wd, 4cyl, 5 speed
hate to see 'ol girl go....
- ChaseTruck754
- Spy/Ninja
- Posts: 9194
- Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:46 am
- Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks
- Location: Huntington Beach, CA
Re: 1999 Toyota Tacoma ExtraCab - 4wd, 4cyl, 5 speed
Just like ol' blue huh? Which I WISH you still had for sale as I'd snap that bad boy up!
Oh well. Times are changing and I needs more doors!
Oh well. Times are changing and I needs more doors!
-
7D6F250
- Posts: 228
- Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:21 pm
- Bronco Info: i drive a 76' F250 and a 09' F350
- Location: Trabuco Canyon SoCal
Re: 1999 Toyota Tacoma ExtraCab - 4wd, 4cyl, 5 speed
I would-a loved for you three to have Bloo!! (sniff-sniff) damn I miss that truck!
- ChaseTruck754
- Spy/Ninja
- Posts: 9194
- Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:46 am
- Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks
- Location: Huntington Beach, CA
Re: 1999 Toyota Tacoma ExtraCab - 4wd, 4cyl, 5 speed
Think I've found what I will buy to replace. Therefore this truck needs to leave
- ChaseTruck754
- Spy/Ninja
- Posts: 9194
- Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:46 am
- Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks
- Location: Huntington Beach, CA
Re: 1999 Toyota Tacoma ExtraCab - 4wd, 4cyl, 5 speed
Owner decided to keep the Tundra I found, so back open to trades. New pics on the way as i took a few on my trip this weekend.
- ChaseTruck754
- Spy/Ninja
- Posts: 9194
- Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:46 am
- Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks
- Location: Huntington Beach, CA
Re: 1999 Toyota Tacoma ExtraCab - 4wd, 4cyl, 5 speed
pics
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
- ChaseTruck754
- Spy/Ninja
- Posts: 9194
- Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:46 am
- Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks
- Location: Huntington Beach, CA
Re: 1999 Toyota Tacoma ExtraCab - 4wd, 4cyl, 5 speed
forgot to add - $7k obo.
- ChaseTruck754
- Spy/Ninja
- Posts: 9194
- Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:46 am
- Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks
- Location: Huntington Beach, CA
Re: 1999 Toyota Tacoma ExtraCab - 4wd, 4cyl, 5 speed
New to me tundra in the driveway = $6500 for GFB guys here
-
cs_drums
- Posts: 2912
- Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:39 am
- Bronco Info: 94 5.8 Bronco w/dreams of being finished
Re: 1999 Toyota Tacoma ExtraCab - 4wd, 4cyl, 5 speed
Congrats on the new rig
- tcm glx
- Peanut Butter
- Posts: 7309
- Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:19 am
- Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8
- Location: Riverside Ca
- Contact:
Re: 1999 Toyota Tacoma ExtraCab - 4wd, 4cyl, 5 speed
ChaseTruck754 wrote:New to me tundra in the driveway = $6500 for GFB guys here
Pics!!
- ChaseTruck754
- Spy/Ninja
- Posts: 9194
- Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:46 am
- Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks
- Location: Huntington Beach, CA
Re: 1999 Toyota Tacoma ExtraCab - 4wd, 4cyl, 5 speed
will do at some point. Working off laptop as desktop is down so will get to it once I get that straightened out
- ChaseTruck754
- Spy/Ninja
- Posts: 9194
- Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:46 am
- Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks
- Location: Huntington Beach, CA
Re: 1999 Toyota Tacoma ExtraCab - 4wd, 4cyl, 5 speed
Computer is back up = pics as promised.
It's CLEAN.
It's CLEAN.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
- RyanDS650X
- Posts: 1868
- Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:13 am
- Bronco Info: Autofab '96 XLT 5.8
- Location: Mesa, AZ
- Contact:
Re: 1999 Toyota Tacoma ExtraCab - 4wd, 4cyl, 5 speed
Thank god its a first gen i like those. I still hate the look of the latest model. Congrats!
- robertcrav
- Let me google that for you
- Posts: 4313
- Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:06 am
- Bronco Info: Lana - Stock width c/t coil-overs/bypasses -- Sylvia - Stock width 4" Rancho kit on Billies
- Location: South O.C.
- Contact:
- ChaseTruck754
- Spy/Ninja
- Posts: 9194
- Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:46 am
- Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks
- Location: Huntington Beach, CA
Re: 1999 Toyota Tacoma ExtraCab - 4wd, 4cyl, 5 speed
I'm not a fan of the current model either. LOOKS wise that is. Tail lights really bug me as do the headlights. Inside they are comfy though. Had 3 adults in the back of my buddies 2013 crew cab for 5 or so hours on the way to havasu & it was totally comfy. Back seats even reclined in that one. Mine doesn't have that feature but it's still really roomy/comfy.
- ChaseTruck754
- Spy/Ninja
- Posts: 9194
- Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:46 am
- Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks
- Location: Huntington Beach, CA
Re: 1999 Toyota Tacoma ExtraCab - 4wd, 4cyl, 5 speed
How about $6k for GFB guys
- ChaseTruck754
- Spy/Ninja
- Posts: 9194
- Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:46 am
- Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks
- Location: Huntington Beach, CA
Re: 1999 Toyota Tacoma ExtraCab - 4wd, 4cyl, 5 speed
still here - need gone.
