Page 1 of 1

My coverage of the 2012 KOH event...

Posted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:52 pm
by ckymacias
This year was my first time going to this event, and let me just say I'm hooked we had a great time!
I look forward to helping my two good friends go back and place in the top 5 again like one of them did this year in the UTV class which had 38 UTV entry’s. One of our SXS broke a ball joint at their first real rock section (Elvis Canyon) which put him out of the race, too bad he took 3rd last year and we already had a strong hold on 3rd when he entered Elvis Canyon.
But on another good note our next driver competing in the 900 limited class took 4th and this was Joseph Murphy's first KOH race and the young age of 15yrs old, he finished 7th overall! Over all team Lone Star Racing had a good weekend!
Here is my coverage of this event I'm also uploading and editing all the video I have from Elvis Canyon, and Chocolate Thunder!

Early morning testing and prep work for both cars...
Image
Image

One of the Chase Trucks we used to pick up the damaged SXS. Thanks Blake Rennie for the good times we had this weekend his is toy chase truck...
Image

Right before go time, the 38 UTV's lining up to the Lucas Oil SC start finish line which they started side by side racing to the first corner before headed into the desert, it was fun to watch the guys push hard off the line before the desert...
Image
Image
Image
Our Pitt Bull Tires showed up the night before the race so we worked through the night mounting bead locks for this car, we also had to chase the threads since the driver just had the wheels powder coated! Always a fun time!
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Go Time!
Image

Now for some random pictures I took from Tuesday until Friday...
Chocolate Thunder
Image
You can see Hammer Town in the distance, BTW this pic is from Tuesday... By the middle of the week you couldn't see hammer town because the dust was so bad...
Image
Now for some Bronco Pictures!
Image
Image
Image
This same Bronco passed us on our recovery mission to Elvis Canyon...
Image
Image
More Chocolate Thunder Photo's
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Back Door Photo's
Image
Image
Image
Image
This isn't my picture but I thought I should share it...
Image
The Leader passing us before they hit Elvis Canyon
Image
Elvis Canyon Before anyone hit the trail
Image
Guthrie 1st UTV to complete the race
Image
2nd place went to an Arctic Cat
Image
3rd place RZR 900 XP
Image
And Our car which finished 7th overall but 4th in their class
Image

Re: My coverage of the 2012 KOH event...

Posted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:38 pm
by Phoenix0783
ckymacias wrote: Image
Looks like Tony got his Bronco running again!

He blew up the motor down in Mexico prerunning the 1000

Re: My coverage of the 2012 KOH event...

Posted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:52 pm
by Broncodawg
Sure looks like someone else had fun at koh too!!!!
Nice pics!

Re: My coverage of the 2012 KOH event...

Posted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:06 pm
by ckymacias
Broncodawg wrote:Sure looks like someone else had fun at koh too!!!!
Nice pics!
Thanks! We did have a great time and I'm looking forward to next year!

Re: My coverage of the 2012 KOH event...

Posted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:15 pm
by Polarcub
Nice photos I had a great time as well got to spectate more than last year I will be back for sure!