Page 1 of 1

Baja 500 2007 Pics

Posted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 1:45 am
by BajaBronco13
While going through my computer tonight I ran across some pics from the 2007 Baja 500 that I took while chasing for Ralph Raffo's Red Tomato Class 3 Blazer. I had a great time and thought I should share these pictures with you.

While heading down I stopped by Titan Off Road who were doing some work on my 1986 Bronco.

Image

Then we stopped in Complete Fabrication in El Cajon to check out Raffo's Blazer before heading down to Baja. Eye spy with my little eye Paul W's Bronco before the 12" stretch:

Image

Now just a bunch of pics from the 500 in no particular order:

Image

Image

CJ carb trouble the day before the beginning of the race:
Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Re: Baja 500 2007 Pics

Posted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 1:51 am
by BajaBronco13
More pics:

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Re: Baja 500 2007 Pics

Posted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 3:40 am
by BajaBronco13
More pics:

Image

Image

Image

Raffo's co-dog rolled into Ensenada in a new LJ with a fresh Hemi swap:
Image

Image

Re: Baja 500 2007 Pics

Posted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 3:48 am
by BajaBronco13
Moss Bros' Bronco:

Image

Image

Raffo's Blazer:

Image

Image

Re: Baja 500 2007 Pics

Posted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 8:12 am
by tcm glx
Great pics Chris.... I remember seeing that LJ, that thing is built straight top notch!! Awesome!

Re: Baja 500 2007 Pics

Posted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 3:08 pm
by Wardy
Is that Ollie's 12 car in the second pic?

Re: Baja 500 2007 Pics

Posted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:43 am
by BajaBronco13
Tony,

The sad story behind that Jeep LJ was that when the owner left the Jeep at the San Diego Airport parking lot to fly back to Chicago, Chris Raffo was going to pick up the Jeep at the airport and put it on a trailer and he discovered it was gone/stolen. The jeep was less then a year old and lots of money was poured into it and it was gone. It was never recovered.

Chris

Re: Baja 500 2007 Pics

Posted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:44 am
by BajaBronco13
Wardy wrote:Is that Ollie's 12 car in the second pic?

Yeah it does look like Ollie's. Ollie, what do you think?

Re: Baja 500 2007 Pics

Posted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:45 am
by BajaBronco13
Who says you can't chase in a Jeep CJ :)

Image

Image

Image

Image

Re: Baja 500 2007 Pics

Posted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:58 am
by BajaBronco13
Raffo blew his tranny in Ojos Negros. Here is a pic early in the night while Raffo Racing was still running strong:

Image

Hung out at the finish line waiting for Red Blaze to come in before we knew the truck was down. Check out this Bronco. I believe it was built by Solo Motorsports:

Image

Image

Image

Re: Baja 500 2007 Pics

Posted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:58 pm
by Nick
This thing is clean!
Image

Re: Baja 500 2007 Pics

Posted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:19 pm
by tcm glx
Nick wrote:This thing is clean!
Image

Its bone stock, leveling coil and fiberglass if I remember correctly, with 35s... I have seen it firsthand at some of the CODE races