Page 1 of 2
MORE Royal Purple 500
Posted: Sat May 21, 2011 4:28 pm
by Polarcub
Just heard form my brother that the 990 is in 2nd place as of driver change about 2 hours ago maybe the kaveman team's luck in JV is changing! GO 990!
Re: MORE Royal Purple 500
Posted: Sat May 21, 2011 7:01 pm
by fixxor
Any updates?
Re: MORE Royal Purple 500
Posted: Sat May 21, 2011 7:13 pm
by Polarcub
Nothing yet but based on time they should be into the final lap, the plan was for Matt to get back in the drivers seat for the finish...I have my fingers crossed would love to see them take the podium again. I am guessing about 830 tonight I can get something....I wonder how the Lost boys are doing?
Re: MORE Royal Purple 500
Posted: Sat May 21, 2011 8:18 pm
by Polarcub
Just found out the 990 ended up as a DNF...Gary rolled the car with my mom in it LOL abt MM25 he told me the went endo with a 3/4 twist damage was broken lights and a crumpled spring plate. Everyone is okay and in good spirits. They were in 3rd abt 5min out of 2nd. Gary had gained on the second place car with things shaping up to be a very tight race for second. Thank you to Chris and andy for being out there for the team and everyone else as well. As always we couldn't even think about being competitive without each and every one of you.
Re: MORE Royal Purple 500
Posted: Sat May 21, 2011 8:54 pm
by fixxor
That sucks. Glad everyone was ok. There's always next time I guess.
Re: MORE Royal Purple 500
Posted: Sat May 21, 2011 8:58 pm
by Polarcub
fixxor wrote:That sucks. Glad everyone was ok. There's always next time I guess.
Yes it does other than the everyone OK part. Seems like lucerne just does not like the 990 the last 3 500s we have had issues of some sort. Of course like they say " if you win you dont really have stories. When you struggle you get stories" LOL We wil get them next time

Re: MORE Royal Purple 500
Posted: Sat May 21, 2011 9:23 pm
by fixxor
Last year when I raced my 11 the course was so bad after the rains and the big cars chewing up the course, I can only imagine how bad it is now.
Re: MORE Royal Purple 500
Posted: Sat May 21, 2011 11:42 pm
by Silverslk
What a long day......I'm BEAT!!!!
Can't wait to do it again.

Re: MORE Royal Purple 500
Posted: Sun May 22, 2011 7:14 am
by Polarcub
Silverslk wrote:What a long day......I'm BEAT!!!!
Can't wait to do it again.

Thanks again for the help out there, I wish I could have been there instead of here in the office!
Re: MORE Royal Purple 500
Posted: Sun May 22, 2011 11:08 am
by Andy Jones
lost Boys Racing 938 Dnf'ed with an upper arm breaking off the beam. The course was super ruff in the back section! my neck and back are beat right now!! I seen Chris out there Pitting for Kaveman 990!! That car and our's Were Dicing it up for awhile! awesmoe time for us out their even though we broke. we will be doing alot more local race's with the 9car from now on!
Re: MORE Royal Purple 500
Posted: Sun May 22, 2011 12:21 pm
by Polarcub
Andy Jones wrote:lost Boys Racing 938 Dnf'ed with an upper arm breaking off the beam. The course was super ruff in the back section! my neck and back are beat right now!! I seen Chris out there Pitting for Kaveman 990!! That car and our's Were Dicing it up for awhile! awesmoe time for us out their even though we broke. we will be doing alot more local race's with the 9car from now on!
The MORE series a good time for sure....but barstow is far rougher than Lucerne. Funny though, that the back section coming out of the soft sand wash back into main is where we dumped the 4454 about a month ago before SS300...The lack of use and weather had changed things quite a bit! I dont know what the rest of the season is going to look like for 990 we may sit the July race out I for sure wont be out there as I have to work again in a joint exercise. The pics of the 938/990 mixing it up on RDC are pretty good. Glad you all had a good time despite the disappointment. BTW my brother Matt was driving while you guys were chasing each other.
Re: MORE Royal Purple 500
Posted: Sun May 22, 2011 2:36 pm
by BajaBronco13
Re: MORE Royal Purple 500
Posted: Sun May 22, 2011 2:39 pm
by BajaBronco13
Re: MORE Royal Purple 500
Posted: Sun May 22, 2011 4:35 pm
by Polarcub
Chris Thank you so much for the help....I cant tell you how grateful the team is for the help you and everyone else bring to us. I wish we were able to do more in return. Great pics BTW I was so bummed when I got that word that dad oopsed

I am sure he was kicking himself he looked pretty down in the pics. I sure wish I would have been out there with everyone. Maybe sept. Thanks again and thanks for the pics!
Re: MORE Royal Purple 500
Posted: Sun May 22, 2011 5:48 pm
by Andy Jones
Glad everyone's okay. my brother in law and myself almost lost the 938 in a fast spot around RM20/25. it would've been nasty as we were going about 70mph pitched sideways on two wheels

i seen Andy "Silverslk" before the drivers meeting pull up! i was going to say hi and introduce myself but my brother in law was being a major ass!! till next time guess

Re: MORE Royal Purple 500
Posted: Sun May 22, 2011 5:50 pm
by Andy Jones
990 and 938

Re: MORE Royal Purple 500
Posted: Sun May 22, 2011 7:46 pm
by BajaBronco13
No thanks needed Jer, just keep asking me back to help, ha ha ha. I always have a great time with you guys and being part of the Kaveman Racing crew is always a highlight to my off road desert experiences. We were all bummed at the DNF but more importantly we were happy that no one was hurt during the roll over. Until next time, count me in brother.
Chris
Re: MORE Royal Purple 500
Posted: Mon May 23, 2011 7:23 am
by Polarcub
Good to know Chris you have a standing invite...lol
You know whats funny andy thats about where the 990 lost it 22ish or so definately a fast area witha few gotchas. My dad said they had just gotten passed by a 1 car and was driving in the dust and well...you knopw the rest. You still need to swing by sometime considering we live so close together.
Re: MORE Royal Purple 500
Posted: Mon May 23, 2011 9:49 am
by ChaseTruck754
Sounds like I missed an eventful day - sorry guys. I feel like I've been missing more races than I've been to recently, but I had a 93rd b-day and a 70th b-day for family on Saturday so it was a no go this time.
Glad everyone made it out of the roll safely.
On a side note - Chris you really do need one of those stock type bumpers for the back of the new bronco. That tube one just looks "off"...
Re: MORE Royal Purple 500
Posted: Mon May 23, 2011 9:59 am
by Polarcub
Ha dont feel bad Steve I have only made 2 of our races this season and as of the moment July is a no go if we race it! Hope the Birthday celebrations went well those are some big numbers to celebrate! I hope I get to see at least one of them in my life!