Page 1 of 1

Scott Wooden,s class 3

Posted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 3:42 pm
by yogib
Scott Wooden out of Corvallis Ore. .Built by Kevin B. of Extreme Motorsports Beaverton,Ore.

Re: Scott Wooden,s class 3

Posted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:12 pm
by yogib
A few details: stroker W motor.Mass air conversion,Air cleaner in cab,3" King coilovers,engine cage,king Bumps,King 2 1/2" bypasses in the rear,2 1/2" wide deavers in back,1 1/2" longer shackles,boxxed beams,15" longer radius arms with Heim ends,swing set steering,trussed 9-inch,C-6 trans..Picture taken at Sandlake Dunes,Ore. on a 4th of july I believe.

Re: Scott Wooden,s class 3

Posted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:38 am
by Phoenix0783
I saw that going down hwy 26 just outside of Beaverton when you guys were heading down for the Yerington race. I had just picked up a set of extended radius arms that Kevin made. I put them on that night and then drove down the Yerington to watch the race the next day. I forgot where we watched the race, check 3 maybe. It was right where Sam Beri broke a lower a-arm rod end upon landing, the top of a short steep hill. I actually ended up driving right next to it on an access road during prerunning and it looked like it was running good.

Re: Scott Wooden,s class 3

Posted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:39 am
by yogib
Thats cool I would like to make a Yerrington race or Fallon some time.VORRA I guess.I visited Kevin this last Friday.Helped him a little on Someones Bronco that hes doing a engine cage and Coilovers on.I miss spoke about the rearend that Scotts has.It has a 8.8 now that I remember.Needs a nine though.I wasnt with Scott.I just met Scott and sent him to Kevin who built it for Scott.

Re: Scott Wooden,s class 3

Posted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:38 am
by yogib
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4e8x_zBxGE nice video from Fallon race.

Re: Scott Wooden,s class 3

Posted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:39 pm
by whatdyisit
Nice video. Too bad they rolled it. Do you have any more pictures of this thing? I really dig this one.

Re: Scott Wooden,s class 3

Posted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:33 pm
by bajascott
i just saw that vid a couple days ago, i sent it to eldon to get him pumped up his cl3....

Re: Scott Wooden,s class 3

Posted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:25 pm
by Broncodawg
Didn't Scott run the Mint last year in that Bronco?
Hope he can make it down again.
Great video!
Sweet airtime dropping into that gully!!!!

Re: Scott Wooden,s class 3

Posted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:45 pm
by yogib
Broncodawg wrote:Didn't Scott run the Mint last year in that Bronco?
Hope he can make it down again.
Great video!
Sweet airtime dropping into that gully!!!!
No your thinking of TimmyD.He has the dark blue and white half cab style one. Scotts bronco rolled because the Right rear tire was flat and they made too sudden of a turn to get off the course to change it.The bronco caught a edge and over it went.The pic at the top is after it got fixxed from that roll.

Re: Scott Wooden,s class 3

Posted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:48 am
by TimmyD
Hey Fella's! That was a nice video. To bad about the roll.

Just to clarify, I ran with the class 3's in last year's mint but got a little flack because I'm linked in the rear. I am now running class 1400/1450 depending on what series I'm racing. I raced last weekend in the Kartek M.O.R.E. race (Class 1400). in case anybody was there.

Timmy D (1438)

Re: Scott Wooden,s class 3

Posted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 2:04 pm
by Silverslk
TimmyD wrote:Hey Fella's! That was a nice video. To bad about the roll.

Just to clarify, I ran with the class 3's in last year's mint but got a little flack because I'm linked in the rear. I am now running class 1400/1450 depending on what series I'm racing. I raced last weekend in the Kartek M.O.R.E. race (Class 1400). in case anybody was there.

Timmy D (1438)

Yeah, we saw you. We (TCM GLX and I) were bouncing from RM 13 to RM 21. I don't remember seeing you go by that many times though. Did you have problems?

Re: Scott Wooden,s class 3

Posted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 5:36 pm
by TimmyD
I finished 2 1/2 laps. I had electrical problems. Still digging into it. It's driving me crazy. I plan on running in BAP. Will any of you be there?

Re: Scott Wooden,s class 3

Posted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:10 am
by yogib
TimmyD wrote:Hey Fella's! That was a nice video. To bad about the roll.

Just to clarify, I ran with the class 3's in last year's mint but got a little flack because I'm linked in the rear. I am now running class 1400/1450 depending on what series I'm racing. I raced last weekend in the Kartek M.O.R.E. race (Class 1400). in case anybody was there.

Timmy D (1438)
Thats funny.Especially when the Big boy Dodge is four linked I believe that was also out there with you.They just had quarter ellipticals to make it (LEGAL) for them.Well I hope you get everthing worked out.Hope to see ya at a BITD race.

Re: Scott Wooden,s class 3

Posted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:25 am
by yikes
yogib wrote:
TimmyD wrote:Hey Fella's! That was a nice video. To bad about the roll.

Just to clarify, I ran with the class 3's in last year's mint but got a little flack because I'm linked in the rear. I am now running class 1400/1450 depending on what series I'm racing. I raced last weekend in the Kartek M.O.R.E. race (Class 1400). in case anybody was there.

Timmy D (1438)
Thats funny.Especially when the Big boy Dodge is four linked I believe that was also out there with you.They just had quarter ellipticals to make it (LEGAL) for them.Well I hope you get everthing worked out.Hope to see ya at a BITD race.
Yeah, Timmy's Bronco does not meet C3 rules due to having coilovers in the rear. Leaf springs of any configuration as the primary suspension are allowed. Pike's set up is about the best configuration out there for a C3, because you get the handling benefits of links, yet still retain the necessary factory "type" suspension. The only drawback (I've read) is weight and initial tuning. Dave Moore is using a similar set-up on the garage queen. Can't wait to see it run.

Re: Scott Wooden,s class 3

Posted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:44 am
by MOSS2
Tim's Bronco has a few things that arent quite legal. The Mint 400 is not a points race for anybody so there ends up being some rogue vehicles in the class. If I recall major points against him were frame removed cab back, coilovers in rear, too wide, no window nets. He didnt get flack just because people are whiners.

Re: Scott Wooden,s class 3

Posted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:08 am
by yogib
MOSS2 wrote:Tim's Bronco has a few things that arent quite legal. The Mint 400 is not a points race for anybody so there ends up being some rogue vehicles in the class. If I recall major points against him were frame removed cab back, coilovers in rear, too wide, no window nets. He didnt get flack just because people are whiners.
Ya its all good.If I remember right you guys were there and won it right (the Mint)? My buddy Kevin who built Scotts bronco actually worked on TimmyD,s bronco when Rob owned it.He drove it all the way from Vegas to Hillsboro Oregon.You,ve probably met Kevin at a race before.

Re: Scott Wooden,s class 3

Posted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:19 pm
by MOSS2
yogib wrote:
MOSS2 wrote:Tim's Bronco has a few things that arent quite legal. The Mint 400 is not a points race for anybody so there ends up being some rogue vehicles in the class. If I recall major points against him were frame removed cab back, coilovers in rear, too wide, no window nets. He didnt get flack just because people are whiners.
Ya its all good.If I remember right you guys were there and won it right (the Mint)? My buddy Kevin who built Scotts bronco actually worked on TimmyD,s bronco when Rob owned it.He drove it all the way from Vegas to Hillsboro Oregon.You,ve probably met Kevin at a race before.
I think I last met Kevin at last years Baja 1000. Would like to race with him or one of his built vehicles again. Wondering who will be the first to bring a ttb truck out and dominate a race. I dont think it has happened since the 90's. I think Primm and Baja Scotts truck had engine and steering failures when we raced against it not to mention the new car bugs. It looked good in the Vorra video looks like it has gotten sorted out nicely.

Ken