Nothing special class3 pics

ESHALLBETTER
Bronco Info: 85 class 3, 70's somthing trail bronco.

Re: Nothing special class3 pics

Post by ESHALLBETTER »

Made some more progress the other day!
Attachments
Out with the old to make way for the new!
Out with the old to make way for the new!
IMG215.jpg (235.15 KiB) Viewed 1523 times
Back when I was young and foolish, I welded all the rivets/crossmembers with out giving any thought to the fact they may need to someday come out. Damn!
Back when I was young and foolish, I welded all the rivets/crossmembers with out giving any thought to the fact they may need to someday come out. Damn!
IMG214.jpg (256.34 KiB) Viewed 1523 times
Stupid frame rivets/misguided welds!
Stupid frame rivets/misguided welds!
IMG218.jpg (234.8 KiB) Viewed 1523 times
Now I just have some grinding and drilling to do.  Once thats done, I can put in my new Autofab mounts and motor!
Now I just have some grinding and drilling to do. Once thats done, I can put in my new Autofab mounts and motor!
IMG219.jpg (265 KiB) Viewed 1523 times
pieron22
Bronco Info: Autofab C&T crossover steering 16"king co's&bumps 9"35spl 4link

Post by pieron22 »

Do you remember what size and count splines are on your steering box?
ESHALLBETTER

Post by ESHALLBETTER »

I would have to look. I know I had to buy two in order to get it right! I will try and look this weekend for you.
ESHALLBETTER

Post by ESHALLBETTER »

Well, I finished up all my grinding and drilling and have the Autofab mounts in place now. The autofab mounts came drilled for 7/16th bolts (which I hate with the burning hot intensity of 1,000 suns) so I redrilled them all to 1/2" bolts. The holes in the frame were all about .530 diameter. The Autofab full race mounts are a very nice unit. I was a little worried about the motor fitting them properly since I took out some slop going to the 1/2" bolts, but everything lined up great.

The motor is in and now it is time to start the plumbing and wiring.
Attachments
motors in.jpg
motors in.jpg (291.49 KiB) Viewed 1453 times
SteveG
Admin
Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)

Post by SteveG »

It looks good in there! I can't wait to hear it make vroom vroom sounds from under the hood!
Sho nuff,
SteveG
pieron22
Bronco Info: Autofab C&T crossover steering 16"king co's&bumps 9"35spl 4link

Post by pieron22 »

Thanks. I have same Autofab mounts & they are nice pieces.
ESHALLBETTER

Post by ESHALLBETTER »

OK, I have been spending my time getting my 76 bronco ready for summer cruising and wheeling. It's on the road/trail now so it is back to the race bronco!

Now that the motors in, I am moving on to steering while my business parter should be starting on plumbing and wiring. I am going with a single swinger set up. Once I have this welded in I will get the front of the frame painted. I will just be spray painting everything until I get some seat time and get any bugs worked out.

Anyway, here is what I have cut for the swingers. It's all 3/16" chromoly. It pivots on Pro-2 delrin lower arm bushings.
Attachments
swinger box.jpg
swinger box.jpg (272.8 KiB) Viewed 1383 times
MOSS2

Post by MOSS2 »

ESHALLBETTER wrote:OK, I have been spending my time getting my 76 bronco ready for summer cruising and wheeling. It's on the road/trail now so it is back to the race bronco!

Now that the motors in, I am moving on to steering while my business parter should be starting on plumbing and wiring. I am going with a single swinger set up. Once I have this welded in I will get the front of the frame painted. I will just be spray painting everything until I get some seat time and get any bugs worked out.

Anyway, here is what I have cut for the swingers. It's all 3/16" chromoly. It pivots on Pro-2 delrin lower arm bushings.

I like the way you boxed those in. Those arent going anywhere!
ESHALLBETTER

Post by ESHALLBETTER »

MOSS2 wrote:
ESHALLBETTER wrote:OK, I have been spending my time getting my 76 bronco ready for summer cruising and wheeling. It's on the road/trail now so it is back to the race bronco!

I like the way you boxed those in. Those arent going anywhere!
That's awesomely clever :lol: Thats the problem with my build, I get parts this far then they don't go anywhere.
ESHALLBETTER

Post by ESHALLBETTER »

Well....

We had another Pro-2 come in that needed some work so I have been spending my "free time" working on that a bit. It needed to be re-plumbed and it got new suspension front and rear. I was able to get the front of my frame painted and get the motor and shocks back in. For now I am just using a flat black that comes off with brake cleaner so I can tab it out and make changes easily. I should be mounting the PCV tank and steering fluid reservior this weekend.

I basically just wanted to add some pics so people knew I wasn't dead and I've been in the shop!
Attachments
IMG338.jpg
IMG338.jpg (278.77 KiB) Viewed 1315 times
IMG339.jpg
IMG339.jpg (297.79 KiB) Viewed 1315 times
IMG340.jpg
IMG340.jpg (292.64 KiB) Viewed 1315 times
IMG341.jpg
IMG341.jpg (191.43 KiB) Viewed 1315 times
fordf100amc
Bronco Info: 91 bronco

Post by fordf100amc »

The bronco is looking awesome. Hey can you send me or put up a picture of the radius arm ends and mounts that go to frame. Also what kind of end did you use?
Thanks
ESHALLBETTER

Post by ESHALLBETTER »

Yep, I'll try and grab some pics this weekend. I use a 1.25" heim joint to pivot from. They are welded to the beam. (NOTE: I will not do that again)
fordf100amc

Post by fordf100amc »

I would love to see the pictures. So you said you wouldnt do it again. How would you do it now? I'm building a bronco right now. Cage is done I'm working on the suspension now. I was going to use a 1.25 hiem from ruff stuff for the radius arms.
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

pretty sure he was saying he wouldn't weld the radius arms to the beams again.
Owner of only dead and forgotten projects
fordf100amc

Post by fordf100amc »

I see that most race builds weld the radius arms to the beams. Why wouldn't you do that again?
ESHALLBETTER

Post by ESHALLBETTER »

Steve is correct, I would not weld the radius arm to the beam again for several reasons. I like using the 1.25" heim.

1.) Installation - I did my best to keep things from moving as I welded, but the beam was difficult to install as a solid unit. If you had the radius arm pivot at the beam as it is designed, it will be easier to mount the radius arm at the frame.

2.) If the beam OR the radius arm gets severely damaged, I have to throw the whole thing away.

3.) I don't think bolting is a signaficant strength reduction. If it takes that hard of a hit, the bolt may be a good failure point.

I'll work on getting some more pics this weekend!
Joxracing
Bronco Info: 1989 Ford F-150, 6" deaver in front...soon. 351w, 33" BFG MudTerrains

Post by Joxracing »

Looks good. I was kinda hoping I'd see this thing this year, guess not. ;)
ESHALLBETTER

Post by ESHALLBETTER »

Joxracing wrote:Looks good. I was kinda hoping I'd see this thing this year, guess not. ;)
You and me both....for multiple years.

I am flying out to Crandon Saturday with my old man. I'll come find you guys and say Hi. Keep a beer on ice for me!
Joxracing
Bronco Info: 1989 Ford F-150, 6" deaver in front...soon. 351w, 33" BFG MudTerrains

Post by Joxracing »

ESHALLBETTER wrote:
Joxracing wrote:Looks good. I was kinda hoping I'd see this thing this year, guess not. ;)
You and me both....for multiple years.

I am flying out to Crandon Saturday with my old man. I'll come find you guys and say Hi. Keep a beer on ice for me!
Hahaha. Will do, if you can find us in the mass insanity.
ESHALLBETTER

Post by ESHALLBETTER »

A little more progress but progress none the less!

I have decided to go with a single swinger setup and use .875 heims throughout. Also got the snouts and the hubs on the rear axle! I hope to get the new pitman arm tacked together tonight and get the swinger in the truck.
Attachments
FF REAR.jpg
FF REAR.jpg (279.04 KiB) Viewed 1047 times
CUT PITMAN.jpg
CUT PITMAN.jpg (259.95 KiB) Viewed 1047 times
MACHINING PITMAN.jpg
MACHINING PITMAN.jpg (216.88 KiB) Viewed 1047 times