Page 1 of 1

The Secoitus

Posted: Tue May 21, 2019 10:09 pm
by SC150
I had the Sexpedition (see my other thread) for a while, which I ended up dumping a bunch of money into just to keep it on the road. I'm a die hard Ford guy, but I was tapped out after that clunker.

With a baby on the way, I wanted to get another similar sized SUV that was comparable to the Expedition (4wd, 4 doors, and roomy) with some aftermarket options which led to the purchase of a 2005 4wd Toyota Sequoia. I spent a lot of time trying to purchase one with low miles and with all the maintenance done already. I ended up finding one with 91k miles with the standard water pump and timing belt service already done. Even had a shitty new paint job!

It ticked all the boxes, so I pounced and started pestering my off road industry friends to order parts for me. I did a ton of homework figuring out what parts would work. Turns out the rear is damn near identical to the FJ80's. The front is exactly the same as the Tundras.

I ended up setting it up with 2.5" Kings front and rear, some upper arms, a rear lift coil, spindle gussets, and a diff drop. I went with some 33" BFG's and the new Method 701's. I wish I'd gone bigger on the tires for cosmetic purposes only, but these didn't require dealing with any headaches. Pretty happy with it thus far.

I did some creature comforts like ditched a bunch of seats (has two captains and a 2 seat bench in the rear now) Weathertech mats, LED interior lighting and an AUX cord for the stock stereo.

Immediate plans are to replace the speakers, K&N filter, exhaust, LED off road lights front and rear,and a race radio.

I'll eventually add a secondary shock up front, bumps in the rear, and some heimed chromoly links for the rear.

Re: The Secoitus

Posted: Tue May 21, 2019 10:17 pm
by SC150
It's no Bronco, but she'll do for now. If/when time and money permit I may go back and build another F150 or just try and get Walter to sell the Bajamobile back to me : )

Re: The Secoitus

Posted: Tue May 21, 2019 11:56 pm
by ChaseTruck754
Nice. Don't love my tundra enough to put much $ into it, but let me know if you're gonna ditch those stock running boards, and if so how much you'd want for them. The ones on my tundra are fuuuuuugly and those would help me hate its looks a bit less.

Also, what kind of mileage you getting in that? Had I known what my tundra would get (I can barely break 16 on the highway, with about 11 around town) I don't think I would have bought it. Too late now as I'm about 5 years into the thing...

The Secoitus

Posted: Wed May 22, 2019 12:30 pm
by zachwabbit
‘Secoitus’ lololol ditching the extra seats for more room for gear/sleeping?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: The Secoitus

Posted: Thu May 23, 2019 1:43 am
by AussieRod
zachwabbit wrote:‘Secoitus’ lololol ditching the extra seats for more room for gear/sleeping?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Coitus? ;)

Re: The Secoitus

Posted: Thu May 23, 2019 12:58 pm
by SC150
zachwabbit wrote:‘Secoitus’ lololol ditching the extra seats for more room for gear/sleeping?

Yup. I wanted to be able to lock up a surfboard without having to put it on top of the seats. There's a ton of cargo space now, even with the bench back there. I can fit up to a 7'6" surfboard behind the passenger seat now. I was also surprised to find out that I can sleep fully stretched out behind the bench seat when it's folded up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: The Secoitus

Posted: Thu May 23, 2019 1:04 pm
by SC150
ChaseTruck754 wrote:Nice. Don't love my tundra enough to put much $ into it, but let me know if you're gonna ditch those stock running boards, and if so how much you'd want for them. The ones on my tundra are fuuuuuugly and those would help me hate its looks a bit less.

Also, what kind of mileage you getting in that? Had I known what my tundra would get (I can barely break 16 on the highway, with about 11 around town) I don't think I would have bought it. Too late now as I'm about 5 years into the thing...
Unfortunately, the wife will cut my balls off if I ditch the running boards.

MPG's aren't great, but definitely better than the Sexpedition. I think it's probably at about 12/17. Probably a bit better if I go easy on her. We've got a Subaru Crosstrek that does the majority of the DD duties. The Secoitus gets used mostly for the beach and road trips.

Re: The Secoitus

Posted: Thu May 23, 2019 1:33 pm
by ChaseTruck754
Understand for sure on the running boards. Only reason mine are still there is the wife. I just wish it had those clean stock ones vs. the shit lookin ones the PO put on there.